Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

J Day Offroad Series - Round 15 - Southwick GP II ~THE WICK~

J Day Offroad Series - Round 15 - Southwick GP II ~THE WICK~

LET'S GO BOYS

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: J Day Offroad Series - Round 15 - Southwick GP II ~THE WICK~

KILLER meal at Blues, Booze, & BBQ

Spooned on some new rubber this morning

Last edited by xrocket21; 11-05-22 at 07:28 PM.

They arent observing daylight savings! Surprise!

38 outta 43! One of my best finishes! Didnt even go down!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I should have checked on here to see if you were going. We were there.

Had a killer Moto 1 (in my world), with a 28 of 49. Felt really good, and was super happy with that. Even running my fairly shagged MT16.

Moto 2 was not so bueno.
    Gentle tip over in the sand on lap one, not a big deal. Then tried getting around someone once we got into the woods, didn't make the gap between two trees, clipped the left bar and blasted the guy I was passing. Feel bad about that, but we both were ok.
    Second lap in the roughly same area of track I could have sworn my throttle stuck, but now I think it was just fatigue and whisky'd it so bad. Fortunately didn't hit anything too solid and bounced pretty smoothly. Chunk of fender was hanging with the tail light though, and I didn't feel worth it to keep going. Finished the second lap slowly and called it good.
    Put me at 37 overall in class on the day.

Got it all on video. Will get those up soon.

ahhh, I wish we would caught ya! Sdog was there too, we had a blast.

Ride report time:

My son is in Pee-Wee Bantam so he should be on the line at 7:30, green flag at 8. We were relieved that it was daylight savings so we could sleep in. Got up at 5:30 am and left the hotel by 6, Southwick by 6:30. HUGE line to check in, so we wait. Talking to people in line, at about 6:55, someone says they aren't observing daylight savings and pee-wees go at 7!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Luckily they let us jump the line, (we didnt really ask) and we rode not walked over so we roasted it back to our trailer, warmed his bike up, THREW his gear on, like team effort of 3 people, ripped it over to the start. We rolled through the timing gate with 30 SECONDS TO GO. Got him on the line, asked him if he was okay, and told him he didn't have to go if he wasn't ready. He was stone faced and ready to rock and said "I'm good". I tapped him on the helmet, the green flag dropped and he was off!!!!! He did pretty well, still back of the pack, but not last. For some reason, this was the first time he got upset that he didn't do better. He is mid pack on points for the season though and I think that is pretty good.

I had a bit of a scare when getting breakfast because someone told me c senior goes at 9:20 and I looked at my watch and it was 9! Turns out it was really 8 so I was okay. On the start, Sdog and his friend were to my left. We were all tucked in the corner so I told them Id let them go, then they botched the start, I shoulda gone! I started okay, no roots or rocks on this one, but whooped out in the woods. I really focused on standing more and it worked out well. In my opinion, the extreme was one of the hardest yet. Just logs, but not much traction top pop the front and little to no material before the logs. I just felt like I slammed into every one. I booted a few and almost landed on the next log. I didn't go down at all so that is good. Now, onto the MX portion.... FUuuuuucccckkkk. That soil killed me, it felt like riding in deep snow, I Really struggled with it. Second gear pinned just to make it up jump faces!!! My goal was to not come in last and I didn't. Second moto, I told the guy next to me I would give him the start and he didn't start first kick!!! So I took off and had an okay start, I stayed right in the mix for longer than normal. I was up in third I think and stalled the bike in an odd spot around a corner. Bike would NOT start and everyone I got ahead of on the start rolled past me. Got it in neutral and the bike started. I took off and charged hard, the lap times don't show it but I rode harder/better possibly than ever. Standing up and letting the bike float was tough but it is so much faster. I am just not in good enough shape to hold that pace. The guy in line that missed the start was talking to me about riding in the soft MX section, and while I knew it, his words stuck with me about riding the soft material, to give it more more more power. I was more aggressive on the throttle and it was quite a bit better, still super difficult though. Unfortunately, I gassed out BAD halfway through the last lap and just couldn't push anymore and a bunch of people passed me, I had to pop my goggles off because I was just suffocating. Unfortunately I only got 3 laps that moto, probably fine because I didn't have another lap in me.

Really felt like I could use the power and suspension of the big KTM 500 this race, there was a gulley/hill in the woods that I could just ROAST it down and up.

Got 40/42 first moto
    35!/41 second moto!!!
    38/43 overall

I'm pretty pleased with those results.

Unfortunately, the bike and my skills are beyond my fucking Cardio. It is just grueling to push push push.

My son did 20/23 and I am proud of him for that, despite his disappointment.

For the season, I got no points and 62/72 riders.

My son finished the year with 25 points and 18/30.

Boy would I love to get in better shape and push, standing up, the entire race. I really think I could run mid pack.

Great season boys, see you next year!

BIG shout out to the champ out there on a Husky 701 in a J-day, my hats off to you my man!

Last edited by xrocket21; 11-07-22 at 02:21 PM.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    I was up in third I think and stalled the bike in an odd spot around a corner. Bike would NOT start and everyone I got ahead of on the start rolled past me. Got it in neutral and the bike started.
    Not easy to remember in the heat of the moment but the big single 4 strokes don't like to start when they are in gear for some reason, personal experience even more when really hot from flogging them. Find neutral and, as you discovered, they will usually start up pretty reliably.

Thanks for the race reports for both you and your son. I get to live vicariously through you racing Jday and root your son on too. Nice job to both of you!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Definitely had a shitty start in the first race. When Sergio and I got to the line, we were all the way to the left practically in the woods. Lol
    I got stuck behind someone for like a third of the first lap, had a quick tip over in the sand and then my hands were going numb for the last two laps. Finished 34th.

Second race I had a little bit better position on the line and a better start. The extreme section was definitely the easier one they have had. All logs. Not an easy race though. Between the logs, the wooped up woods and the wooped mx track, I was beat by the end of the day. Finished 19th in the second race. Was really happy with that. 25th overall.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    Not easy to remember in the heat of the moment but the big single 4 strokes don't like to start when they are in gear for some reason, personal experience even more when really hot from flogging them. Find neutral and, as you discovered, they will usually start up pretty reliably.

Thanks for the race reports for both you and your son. I get to live vicariously through you racing Jday and root your son on too. Nice job to both of you!
    Thanks for the kind words man! I hesitate sometime because I honestly suck, back of the pack C-Senior, but I do enjoy it and its fun to talk about post race. On the plus side I do feel like I am getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    Definitely had a shitty start in the first race. When Sergio and I got to the line, we were all the way to the left practically in the woods. Lol
    I got stuck behind someone for like a third of the first lap, had a quick tip over in the sand and then my hands were going numb for the last two laps. Finished 34th.

Second race I had a little bit better position on the line and a better start. The extreme section was definitely the easier one they have had. All logs. Not an easy race though. Between the logs, the wooped up woods and the wooped mx track, I was beat by the end of the day. Finished 19th in the second race. Was really happy with that. 25th overall.
    25th overall is great man! I enjoyed riding with you guys. Super tough start where there was a HUGE turnout and not nearly enough room on the line.

Editing go pro footage and I had to post this screen shot, this is at the base of a nasty 20'+ jump face on the MX section, this chick is MIRED. No disrespect to her at all, it was tough as hell, best I could tell people is it was like riding in snow!

Last edited by xrocket21; 11-08-22 at 11:25 PM.

i need to catch up on the reports but nice work, guys!! The Sandbox is a magical place, amirite?? wait til you ride it in the rain! wOoF!

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    i need to catch up on the reports but nice work, guys!! The Sandbox is a magical place, amirite?? wait til you ride it in the rain! wOoF!
    Sandbox kicked my ass...

My favorite is MX207!!!

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    I love riding it right after it rains. I feel like I can actually get a drive enough to hit half the jumps.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    I love riding it right after it rains. I feel like I can actually get a drive enough to hit half the jumps.
    oh, i mean when it's a full-on slurry. the bike in pic above with rear wheel dug in reminded me of some funny times out there. drivetrains stop working

fresh groom first thing in the AM is the ticket, perfect rollercoaster before the ruts form.

Beta 200RR

yyyiiissss! love it

Beta 200RR