Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

J Day Offroad Series - Round 15 - Southwick GP II ~THE WICK~ October 29th

J Day Offroad Series - Round 15 - Southwick GP II ~THE WICK~ October 29th

Got my room reserved in the beautiful city of Springfield!

Any of you dirty bastards coming out?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails J Day Offroad Series - Round 15 - Southwick GP II  ~THE WICK~ October 29th-0d6142c4-ca49-4393-a9c9-a44d24da8fea  

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: J Day Offroad Series - Round 15 - Southwick GP II ~THE WICK~ October 29th

I'm bummed I'm missing this, but I'm racing at the North American Supermoto Shootout in OKC that weekend, so that's pretty cool.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    I'm bummed I'm missing this, but I'm racing at the North American Supermoto Shootout in OKC that weekend, so that's pretty cool.
    Good luck! Give em hell!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Good luck! Give em hell!
    Thank you.

You as well.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66

Looks like rain Sunday. Lol

LRRS/CCS #66

After the shit show this spring, I waited..... it said like 15% chance when I book the fucking hotel. It was up to like 40% this morning and 47% now. sonovabitch.

78 and sunny Saturday though.... maybe it will all shift....

Rain has pushed out to Monday! Gonna be 42 degrees though....

Rain has pushed out to Monday! Gonna be 42 degrees though....

Sounds like conditions will be perfect, it’s been warm and dry for a week. Temps in the 40’s and 50’s were always my favorite to off-road ride in. Have fun

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A 5th, a 10th and a 20th finish, not bad.

Kids races in the dry, I got rain for first moto and bailed on the second moto due to the 40 degree rainy conditions.

The moto track on Southwick is so fucking hard. SO steep, and the surface is like 1.5' of mashed potatoes.

A 5th, a 10th and a 20th finish, not bad.

The moto track on Southwick is so fucking hard. SO steep, and the surface is like 1.5' of mashed potatoes.
    LOL, ayup. Have raced it in both dry and flooding conditions. It ain't easy in any of them.

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    LOL, ayup. Have raced it in both dry and flooding conditions. It ain't easy in any of them.
    It's hard to wrap my head around how people are hitting that top of 4th and clearing those jumps, the track material is just SO soft.

It's hard to wrap my head around how people are hitting that top of 4th and clearing those jumps, the track material is just SO soft.
    It's full commitment to clear any jumps there. Doing 55mph in those soft ruts is always dicey at best.

Paul_E_D

I can only get air on any of those jumps if it rained the night before. Then the sand isn't so soft.

Sounds like you had better conditions than us. 35° and rain and 25mph winds was not great on the asphalt.

LRRS/CCS #66

I can only get air on any of those jumps if it rained the night before. Then the sand isn't so soft.

Sounds like you had better conditions than us. 35° and rain and 25mph winds was not great on the asphalt.
    Sounds terrible, a lot of low sides?

Im happy I stayed up this moto! Wish I coulda done moto 2, but everyone was pretty cold and wet.

My daughter needs a bigger bike next year, not sure what to do though.

Thinking a 65, she rides that 1 year then it goes to my son.

Mostly the suspension just isn't up to it.

She got block passed by some aggressive girl and ate shit, hurt her knee, but was okay to soldier on, super proud of her. Of course the dad forgot to hit record on the go pro. Found out 5th or better get trophies, so jday is actually going to mail it to her, i believe she got 4th.

Last edited by xrocket21; 10-30-23 at 04:28 PM.

Sounds terrible, a lot of low sides?

Im happy I stayed up this moto! Wish I coulda done moto 2, but everyone was pretty cold and wet.

My daughter needs a bigger bike next year, not sure what to do though.

Thinking a 65, she rides that 1 year then it goes to my son.

Mostly the suspension just isn't up to it.

She got block passed by some aggressive girl and ate shit, hurt her knee, but was okay to soldier on, super proud of her. Of course the dad forgot to hit record on the go pro. Found out 5th or better get trophies, so jday is actually going to mail it to her, i believe she got 4th.
    hell yeah, Daughter, congrats on 4th !! so awesome you all are gettin' in the mix together, love it ... and Southwick is a very special place, hope you aren't turned off. best conditions are after a fresh groom.

on the 65, it's a great step forward for ergos and suspension but they are fucking FFFAAAASSST with a heavy clutch so be aware. our GG65 is set up super minty with a rejet, FWW + Rekluse. makes the bike much more ridable in off-road conditions. awesome bike, hope we get one more season out of it.

(speaking of mini bikes, our GG50 w/IRP clutch is going up for sale if anyone is interested.)

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    hell yeah, Daughter, congrats on 4th !! so awesome you all are gettin' in the mix together, love it ... and Southwick is a very special place, hope you aren't turned off. best conditions are after a fresh groom.

on the 65, it's a great step forward for ergos and suspension but they are fucking FFFAAAASSST with a heavy clutch so be aware. our GG65 is set up super minty with a rejet, FWW + Rekluse. makes the bike much more ridable in off-road conditions. awesome bike, hope we get one more season out of it.

(speaking of mini bikes, our GG50 w/IRP clutch is going up for sale if anyone is interested.)
    I wouldn't say I'm turned off, it's just a bummer to struggle. I try to be a realist... I'm out of shape, a giant, on a plated 500, with very little experience.

I know the 65 is fast, just trying to get more use out of these expensive bikes! The CRF150 probably is a better choice, and has been suggested to us before. My son is going to need a bigger bike soon too. I am guess he will get one, MAYBE 2 more seasons out of his 50, so that will be for sale soon too!

I could definitely see a Rekluse being an advantage for the kids when stuck in the woods or on a hill, pricey option though.

My wife and I do a lot of "what the fuck are we doing here?" shaking our heads at these races lol

Its fun, but it's all pretty intense.