Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

dirt!

dirt!

wow, this forum is exciting...

Does anyone ride both dirt and street? (not quads!)

How about supermoto?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

dirt!

Supermoto? I wasn't aware the schedule for '04 was out yet.

And what the fuck is wrong with riding a quad?

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

dirt!

Dude, you already know the answer to that question.

dirt!

Doode, you ride a three-wheeler. I seen the pics!

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

dirt!

Well, sure had fun on the ice today with my quad
    Got my screw gun charged up and 1000 1/2" hex head screws, gonna screw the tires this evening

Yamaha

dirt!

Riding a quad is like beating up a 4 year old.
    It's too easy, not a lot of fun, and makes a mess.

Plus, you you can ride a streetbike, why would you ride anything other than a two wheeled vehicle off road??

So does that mean that nobody else here rides dirtbikes?

BTW, Supermoto BIKES, not AMA Supermoto Racing...

Check out New England Dirt Bags for all your 2-wheeled-centric rhetoric needs!

Riding a dirtbike on the street is like, well, slow. SMX bikes are for short-course riding. Didn't you get rid of yours, Sean?

dirt!

Originally posted by CaMoTo
    Riding a quad is like beating up a 4 year old.
    It's too easy, not a lot of fun, and makes a mess.
    Your not one of those ignorant retards that thinks quads do all the damage to the forests and dirtbikes do none, are you? i didn't think so And for what it's worth, if riding a quad is like beating up a 4 year old, riding a dirtbike must be like beating up a 2 year old, i mean it takes twice the effort to push around twice the weight

Yamaha

Re: Check out New England Dirt Bags for all your 2-wheeled-centric rhetoric needs!

Originally posted by ChR1s
    Riding a dirtbike on the street is like, well, slow. SMX bikes are for short-course riding. Didn't you get rid of yours, Sean?
    Yeah, I traded it. I miss it already!!

Are you the same Chr1s from NEDB??

Hey R7, you are supposed to ride it, not push it. I guess that gets confusing after the 10th beer though.

twice the weight, twice the wheels twice the damage. It's not a difficult concept for someone with an IQ over 87.

dirt!

One and the same -- don't do much NEDB no more though.

As for the 4 high floatation tires vs. 2 narrow tires on trails, of course both impact the environment. Quads require a bit wider trail, and therefore displace more topsoil-anchoring vegetation. While bikes tend do trench-out sections and expose roots, leading to accelerated erosion. People more interested in playing the blame game aren't really interested in fighting the good fight, IMHO. Trail users are trail users. Coexisting is in everyone's best interest. That's my sermon. You're welcome.

dirt!

I agree 100%. The trails need to be protected by all interest groups, however, I think trails should be designated for use and also allowed time for recovery. I think each type of vehicle does its own form of damage. However, as you mentioned a quad requires a wider trail and all too often, a nice single track is widened by quads "forcing" their way through a trail.

It all goes back to the fact that MA Legislature refuses to allocate anything for our sport unfortunately. Thanks to the local clubs and the effort they put forth, we do have what we have.

Re: dirt!

wow, this forum is exciting...

Does anyone ride both dirt and street? (not quads!)

How about supermoto?
    I do , well kind of... I haven't been on the Dirt bag much but looking to break it out with my spikes during the non street season!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

dirt!

Sweet!
    Hey halfsquid, what do you ride?

Do you ice race?

dirt!

Mark, you gotta bring that 450 to Sturbridge, there were only four guys in the 4-stroke class,a craptor, a kfx and a couple 400ex's.

Tow wheels good, Four wheels bad.

'Sup dude? I ride on and off road and an on-off roader. I am a horrible dirt rider on a mediocer dirt bike, but it's a blast! So much so that I neglected my street riding last year to tear up ever piece of private green lands that I could find. Then I sold my quad! (JOKE guys, I would never OWN a quad).

I do think that quads are a LOT more destructive than bikes and that quad riders are, for the most part, conciderably less skilled and tread WAY less lightly than the average DIrt Biker. There are WAY more of you guys too, so it easier to find one acting like a dolt.

NEDB guys ROCK.

ken

'05 DL1000k / '02 DR650se
    04 FXDXi (RIP)
    '04 SV650s(gone)
    '99 ZX-9r (squirl's new ride: RIP)
    2k1 GSXR750(stolen-RIP)
    2k3 KLX400sr(gone)

dirt!

Oh great, i hope this isn't a migration of new england dirtbags Yeah, even i'm shameful to say i was once a member there. I'm not into the "you guys suck and we're so great" kinda attitudes generated there. I even weezled my into the "secret section", no thanks

Yamaha

dirt!

Geeze Mark, I dunno, guys who like motorcycles on more than one board about motorcycles in the dead of winter? I guess that is a stretch, isn't it?

I'm not eactly "into" being an elitist, but in the short time I have been riding off road, I have had three close calls, two with quads and one with a 10 y/o on a mini bike (well, and R80 or some such thing). I have seen Quads all oer posted private land and on snow mobile trails in the summer. The NEDB guys are all about riding on open, leagal public land, or about semi secrate locations out of the public eye and not ruining it for others. Sign back on to NEDB and we can discuss the merrits of being a quad-free society, but not here; wrong place and time.

NOW, having said all that I ran into a Quad guy last year who was driving up and down the Rock Trail, bored to tears but he wouldn't go off into the side paths since they weren't "legal". He was trying to find a more exciting place to ride. The year before that a Quad Guy stopped and helped me pull my KLR out of a mud hole aht I never should hae been in. No winch mind you, just man-power.

ken

04 FXDXi (RIP)
    '04 SV650s(gone)
    2k1 GSXR750(stolen-RIP)
    2k3 KLX400sr(gone)

....................... PinHead's Avatar

dirt!

And I was thinking of getting a quad

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

dirt!

Originally posted by Ken
    The NEDB guys are all about riding on open, leagal public land, or about semi secrate locations out of the public eye and not ruining it for others. Sign back on to NEDB and we can discuss the merrits of being a quad-free society, but not here; wrong place and time.
    Gonna throw the flag up on those comments. use Groton Town Forest as an example.. nuff said and your rite, wrong place a wrong time. Sorry, i have no desire to sign onto that site again

Yamaha

dirt!

Sweet!

Do you ice race?
    You ok there CaMoTo? Maybe sleeping?
    Looky down below! Just fuckin wit ya mang.. But that list below is what I ride! The YZF600 & WR426 are 4/sale, the other two are my new toys!

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

dirt!

Originally posted by Half Squid
    You ok there CaMoTo? Maybe sleeping?
    Looky down below! Just fuckin wit ya mang.. But that list below is what I ride! The YZF600 & WR426 are 4/sale, the other two are my new toys!
    DUH! Oh yeah! LOL!

Sweet. We should ride some time.

Hey R7,
    did someone at NEDB pee in your Cheerios? Geez.

Yeah, I can admit some stuff at NEDB was handled incorrectly, but I was doing the best I could. We are trying to make it better now. The "Secret" forum is gone, that was a failed experiment. I have given up the business to a Board of Directors and things are starting to change. Sorry that you got so "damaged" from it, but bashing the site isn't going to help anything.

If you are such an expert at this stuff why didn't you offer some suggestions for change?

dirt!

I'm a member of NEDB but do not visit too often so I have not seen any crap over there. Seemed to be ok when I was there.

CaMoTo I think I may be digging out the 426 and trying to ride this weekend depending on how cold it gets, If it's too cold I will take off the wheels and put in the screws for some ice riding hopefully on sunday.

www.tailofthedragon.com

dirt!

Sorry that you got so "damaged" from it, but bashing the site isn't going to help anything.
    You are correct sir, and bashing other types of offroad users isn't going to help anything either

Now to answer your second question in the first post, got a 04 WR 450 that will be a street supermoto very soon

Yamaha

dirt!

Sweet!

Do you ice race?
    Trying the Ice riding tomorrow in Manchester. Nutts Pond @ 10- 10:30 ! See here for directions and a map!

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...&threadid=8604

www.tailofthedragon.com

dirt!

Originally posted by Mystery Squid
    QUAD rider checking IN!

Lotta anti-quad smack talk going on in here....

<------- to all the hatas!

Actualy, there wan't any talk at all, smack or otherwise in 10 day or so, but as one of the "hatas", I would like to stress that any individual that is interested in riding and developing skills (like a street bike rider), a person who is interested in interacting with, learnig from, and teaching others in a forum of other like minded, dedicated persons (like on this forum) are not likely to be the raging drunken redneck 4-wheeled wounders the we are ranting against.

ohh, gotta go, Choppers is on TV!

04 FXDXi (RIP)
    '04 SV650s(gone)
    2k1 GSXR750(stolen-RIP)
    2k3 KLX400sr(gone)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast