Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

What have you done to your dirt bike today?

Re: What have you done to your dirt bike today?

Just cleaned the K&N in the bath tub. Thinking about putting the ice tires on rims just because I can. Not sure if I am actually going to use them this year.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

I looked at mine today and walked by it.

James

Strapped on the spikes and went for a short ride. I broke in the clutch and finally got to ride with the LHRB on the new bike. It was good. There is tons of stick with the carbides, hopefully life works out and I can race JDay on Saturday.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Built these:

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

I took a swing at repairing the electrics on the new toy today. The headlight and tail light do not work. But the heated grips I wired up do. So I did something right and something wrong.
    One of the elements on the headlight bulb is broken and there is no marker light in the receptacle. I'm guessing the broken element is the low beam and the high beam is not wired on my machine. The headlamp on this thing has had the crap kicked out of it. The contacts on the bulb are filthy. Although that does not explain why the tail did not work.

I romped around the back yard for a couple laps. I already think I really like this thing. Runs really well now that it is re-jetted. Quite a workout in the snow with unstudded, regular tires. But fun as hell. Lugs and chugs very nicely. Not terribly loud either.

Clutch pull is a little stiffer than I expected. Midwest Mountain lever is due this week. Although I'm thinking I should flush and bleed the hydraulics on this thing sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Built these:

Those look amazing! Nice work man! Is that a VE front? What did you use for the rear?

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I took a swing at repairing the electrics on the new toy today. The headlight and tail light do not work. But the heated grips I wired up do. So I did something right and something wrong.
    One of the elements on the headlight bulb is broken and there is no marker light in the receptacle. I'm guessing the broken element is the low beam and the high beam is not wired on my machine. The headlamp on this thing has had the crap kicked out of it. The contacts on the bulb are filthy. Although that does not explain why the tail did not work.
    KTM wiring is crap, never could figure out why they wouldn't put sealed sockets and connections on a dirtbike. You are correct, the high beam is not wired, if I recall, it's the yellow wire and is not connected to anything. Is there a switch to turn them on and off?

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    Those look amazing! Nice work man! Is that a VE front? What did you use for the rear?
    It's a vulcanduro, yes. Ve 33 or 35, I can't remembe rwhich. The rear is a irc mb5 or m5b...it's what lee said to get. It's also the same tire Kevin's had on display at the NETRA banquet, studded the same way. For $279 I think...which is more than I spent to build a set of rally's today.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Nice work Chippa! I hope Snowmageddon doesn't keep us from ripping on Saturday.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    KTM wiring is crap, never could figure out why they wouldn't put sealed sockets and connections on a dirtbike. You are correct, the high beam is not wired, if I recall, it's the yellow wire and is not connected to anything. Is there a switch to turn them on and off?
    The headlight bucket itself is filthy. All the contacts on it are really bad. Some sandpaper should clean it up. But I'll need a new bulb.

Yellow wire comes from the stator I think. White bus has the regulator on it and is the +12VDC feed for everything. I think.
    Brown is definitely chassis ground. Grips are across the white and brown busses. (Actually, they are grounded separately.) But they work. Can't understand why the tail doesn't.

Bike is fun enough for me to not give a damn for now though.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you stud those tires? How are the studs mounted?

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Yellow wire comes from the stator I think. White bus has the regulator on it and is the +12VDC feed for everything. I think.
    Brown is definitely chassis ground. Grips are across the white and brown busses. (Actually, they are grounded separately.) But they work. Can't understand why the tail doesn't.
    I'm talking about the pig tail coming from the headlight assembly, not the main harness. If it's the factory style headlight assembly, there's a 3 wire pig tail coming out of the headlight, and only 2 wires feeding it from the main harness

Yamaha

Each knob is drilled and then glued and each stud goes in with a gun. It's laborious.
    I think next season I'll build a set of long ones.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    I'm talking about the pig tail coming from the headlight assembly, not the main harness. If it's the factory style headlight assembly, there's a 3 wire pig tail coming out of the headlight, and only 2 wires feeding it from the main harness
    Taking this to my absurdly long 2-stroke thread. Most probably don't give a damn.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234