Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dirty boots

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Re: Dirty boots

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    The SG10 is waterproof?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    As waterproof as any other normal dirtbike boot. But not necessarily like a pair of waterproof street boots type waterproof.
    I would agree with what Chip said. I do not have problems with my SG10s and water. They have a flap inside the tongue that keeps them relatively dry inside in water that is roughly halfway up the boot. I also ride with over the boot pants that help with keeping water that is splashed up from running down my pant legs into the boot. This will keep quite a bit of the water that people wearing in the boot pants wind up with in their boots, out.

Joel

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Y'all convinced me.

I was planning to go cheap, but I guess a nice pair of boots will guilt me into getting dirty more often. I just ordered a pair of SG-10s. My track boots are size 11, so I stayed with the same size for these. Ordered them from Extreme Supply in CA and got a good price on the boots ($315), but 2-day shipping wasn't cheap. At least they'll be here in time for a weekend ride.

Thanks for the recommendations.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

Lifer

Every time I've spent some dough on quality boots, I've been glad I did.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

At our respective ages, the way I look at it is, our feet are not growing any more, so why not spend a decent amount of money and get a quality boot that will protect better, last longer and more than likely be more comfortable.

Lifer

If the Sidi crossfire or any of these Gernerrea boots are anything like my Sidi Adventures; they are worth every damned penny.

And fwiw, I used to be this guy:
    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Why does one have to buy a motorcycle specific boot to get protection? ... I wear a pair of Timberlands when I ride.

Wirelessly posted

Good call on the gaerne sg10's. They are heavier then a lot of other dirt boots but they are so comfy that I can't say I have ever noticed the weight

Corey

Picked up a pair of Gaerne SG12 boots and rode with them for the first time at Remsen Trail Riders Hare Scramble in Remsen, NY on Sunday. $400 delivered from Bob's Cycle with delivery in under a week. Best dirt riding boots I've ever owned. Light years ahead of the old Alpinestar boots I was wearing previously. I had bruised toes and tweaked ankles with the old boots. These SG12 are very comfortable and protective. Well worth the investment in my opinion.

i wear a 10.5 / 11 sneaker, went with the size 10 SG12, fit perfect.

Beta 200RR

After wearing them 3 times, a quick review of the SG10s -
    1) Super comfortable except for one tight spot on right ankle. Size 11 boots for size 11 feet worked (that shouldn't be surprising, but these are probably my only size 11 boots of any type).
    2) Broken buckle already. Probably from hitting the peg or kick-starter when starting the beast. Still sucks having to already get replacement parts. On the other hand, at least it's replaceable.

DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by oVTo View Post
    2) Broken buckle already. Probably from hitting the peg or kick-starter when starting the beast. Still sucks having to already get replacement parts. On the other hand, at least it's replaceable.
    better the buckle than your shin bone

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    better the buckle than your shin bone
    True, I have a big ol' shin bone scar from kicking the beast in sneakers about ten years ago.

DanG
    - Blaise Pascal

broken buckle, that's a bummer, which one and where? my screws have come loose but buckles have been very durable.

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    broken buckle, that's a bummer, which one and where? my screws have come loose but buckles have been very durable.
    It's the buckle below the top one (#2 of 4 from top to bottom of boot). The rivet ripped through the plastic that holds the metal part of the buckle on. Definitely not fixable, but at least it's replaceable.

DanG
    - Blaise Pascal

I ride these. Dirty boots-image-jpg

Absolutely love em. 80% of MX protection. Way more feel. Felt broken in right off the bat. Trials boots

Quote Originally Posted by oVTo View Post
    It's the buckle below the top one (#2 of 4 from top to bottom of boot). The rivet ripped through the plastic that holds the metal part of the buckle on. Definitely not fixable, but at least it's replaceable.
    thanks. hmm, i should grab a few to keep as spares in the gear bag. $7.99 per buckle. not bad.

Beta 200RR

Keep in mind that boot designers are not planning for LEFT side kick start bikes. The buckles are usually away from the bike so don't get abused... in this case, Dan was kicking with his right foot, while standing on the left side of the bike.

And he sure was doing a lot of kicking!!!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

What are people ideas feedback on the a star tech 7 ? I tried the fox comp and tech 3 both clunkier than the tech 7 which was so nice with that flex ankle joint. Im more worried about the wear however figure the protection is there. I tried them at cycle gear after buying hemet and goggles so i didnt purchase just yet. But if sg 10s is the prevailing thought for wear and protection i might just throw down for that. I cant afford much more than 350 however.

hmmmm......

I think you can find SG10's for $350. Search around. I will absolutely buy another pair when mine are done.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Lifer

I just bought my SG10's for $340. Motorcyclecloseouts.com.

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

In Astars i wear a 9, foxs a 10.. Real shoe size is 10 is sg10 pretty true to reality foot size? Dont want to deal with returns, restocking fee ... Grumble grumble.....

hmmmm......

Lifer

Size seem true to euro sizes. I ordered the same size as the Sidi boots I have and they fit well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12