Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 68 of 98 FirstFirst ... 284858596061626364656667686970717273747576777888 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2439

Let's get dirty...check here for rides.

Re: Let's get dirty...check here for rides.

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    sounds good. fingers x'd for ya ... hope to finally install Tubliss + rad guards tomorrow.
    I really want to try the Jday Sprint Enduro that's tomorrow but given I haven't ridden the KTM in a year (!!!) that's.. probably not a good option right off the bat. NETRA have a Turkey Run on Sunday...

Could you swing HVD tomorrow?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    I really want to try the Jday Sprint Enduro that's tomorrow but given I haven't ridden the KTM in a year (!!!) that's.. probably not a good option right off the bat. NETRA have a Turkey Run on Sunday...

Could you swing HVD tomorrow?
    ah, man. i did the Hobbit in Cheshire last year, beautiful spot, super fun and tough. holy arm pump! ... but no, i can't ride tomorrow and def wouldn't be ready for a race day. been working around the clock for the past ~month with no riding at all.

HVD Sun will be a nice ass-whipping for me.

Beta 200RR

Lifer

I really want to try the Jday Sprint Enduro that's tomorrow but given I haven't ridden the KTM in a year (!!!)
    There's another one next weekend at Crow Hill which is like half the distance for you.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    There's another one next weekend at Crow Hill which is like half the distance for you.
    keep in mind that's a GP rather than a Sprint.

Beta 200RR

Lifer

keep in mind that's a GP rather than a Sprint.
    There's both. Saturday the 23rd is a Sprint Enduro, Sunday is the GP.

nedirtriders.com

oh, no shit? sweet! i'll have to look again... EDIT: see it now, thanks for the heads up. i hate using that site.

Chris, there is also a handful of NETRA hare scrambles left in the season as well ... think Timby is doing an off-road event at the Wick coming up? lost his text.

and for everyone ... NETRA Jack Frost Fun Run at HVD is Nov 11th this year. NESR group dirty ¿?

Last edited by typeone; 09-15-17 at 01:28 PM.
    Beta 200RR

Am I crazy to try the Jday (Novice class, for whatever that's worth) tomorrow assuming I can finish the KTM after work tonight? Again, haven't ridden off-road in a year, and have never done a Sprint Enduro.

You can say "You're crazy, do the Turkey Run first" and I won't be mad.

There is a Netra hare scramble this Sunday right near my house. Put on by the maniacs known as the Knox trail riders...

Hmm. Can a fat fuck just show up for a J Day and pay his cash and go with no numbers or any of that BS.. Rent the transponder and ride? I could give a flying backwards fuck how I finish. Just want to ride some new ground.

Am I crazy to try the Jday (Novice class, for whatever that's worth) tomorrow assuming I can finish the KTM after work tonight? Again, haven't ridden off-road in a year, and have never done a Sprint Enduro.

You can say "You're crazy, do the Turkey Run first" and I won't be mad.

Crazy not to!
    you could crash or break down 20 feet into your first section and hardly anyone will even notice.
    They are chill, relaxed, friendly, fun.
    I think you posted something about riding the Honda without guards if you don't finish the KTM. THAT I wouldn't recommend. You need skid plate and bark busters, minimum.

Do it.

Last edited by Imbeek; 09-15-17 at 02:04 PM.

i don't think you're crazy, no. it's you against the clock for 3 circuits (grass, woods, xtreme) x3 for a total of 9 laps.

after not riding off-road for a year, it won't be a cake walk but you won't die either the toughest thing will probably be that there IS a race going on and levels are mixed while you're racing. you'll be scored in your class but you'll be out there with all skill levels. this was the hardest thing for me. i was very tense every lap due to experts screaming to get by. not so easy when you have single track, logs to jump, other obstacles, etc. where there is one line. pulling over fucks with your flow and approach.

you don't have to finish everything if you don't care about placement, you could do 1 lap of each and call it a day. nice and freeform like that. but i would aim to do all 9 laps for the full experience.

wish i wasn't so out of shape and available, i'd go with you.

Beta 200RR

another thing to note, plan for about $120 to race.

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by Rada View Post
    Hmm. Can a fat fuck just show up for a J Day and pay his cash and go with no numbers or any of that BS.. Rent the transponder and ride? I could give a flying backwards fuck how I finish. Just want to ride some new ground.
    Yes. You will be 100% fine.
    As far as the transponder, it's some cheap thing you buy and stick underneath your visor. The whole shmeal including entry, transponder, and membership will cost about as much as 2 sessions at a trackday (not that you'd know that cost LOL!)

yup! go for it. that spot is def magical. i loved it ... perpare for ARM PUMP gas/brake city.

Beta 200RR

Xponders nowadays are rf stickers either placed under the visor of your helmet or behind your bike's number plate depending on series.
    I don't know if JDSE has a sportsman class, but that's the non race race for anybody looking to check it out or just ride the ride.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

these fill up fast so i would check before driving out ... web pre-reg is over

Beta 200RR

Woods Test looks awesome!

Beta 200RR

HVD Sun @ 10am?

i believe Chris + Chris are in sooo, how about another Chris? i'll change my name to Chris for the day so that you feel more comfortable and motivated. fuck it, i'll even talk with a Maine accent.
    Hell Ya! I can ride until kickoff.

That woods course looks FUN

Last edited by Sideshow; 09-15-17 at 05:45 PM.
    Too many toys, not enough time.

Oh interesting, thanks for that! I missed the fact that one was a Sprint Enduro.

I called the number on the JDay Facebook page and spoke to I think Johnny Day himself. He said that doing the Open 250 class or the Veteran 250 class would be my best bet, given my skill level. He also said that this course's Extreme test was probably the easiest of the year. He was really friendly and supportive, which was nice as I feel a wee bit intimidated...

oh, no shit? sweet! i'll have to look again... EDIT: see it now, thanks for the heads up. i hate using that site.

Chris, there is also a handful of NETRA hare scrambles left in the season as well ... think Timby is doing an off-road event at the Wick coming up? lost his text.

and for everyone ... NETRA Jack Frost Fun Run at HVD is Nov 11th this year. NESR group dirty ¿?
    Definitely in for NESR group dirty! I'm going to try and do the NETRA Turkey Run this Sunday, then I'll try whichever Hare Scramble comes up next on the calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    There is a Netra hare scramble this Sunday right near my house. Put on by the maniacs known as the Knox trail riders...
    There's a Turkey Run on the same day, I'm going to try and do that instead of the Scramble.

I hope so. I don't have numbers either... and I'm not a lightweight!

Crazy not to!
    you could crash or break down 20 feet into your first section and hardly anyone will even notice.
    They are chill, relaxed, friendly, fun.
    I think you posted something about riding the Honda without guards if you don't finish the KTM. THAT I wouldn't recommend. You need skid plate and bark busters, minimum.

Do it.
    Yeah, I got the KTM running. It's still not 100% but it should get me through an hour and a half of riding.. I hope!

i don't think you're crazy, no. it's you against the clock for 3 circuits (grass, woods, xtreme) x3 for a total of 9 laps.

after not riding off-road for a year, it won't be a cake walk but you won't die either the toughest thing will probably be that there IS a race going on and levels are mixed while you're racing. you'll be scored in your class but you'll be out there with all skill levels. this was the hardest thing for me. i was very tense every lap due to experts screaming to get by. not so easy when you have single track, logs to jump, other obstacles, etc. where there is one line. pulling over fucks with your flow and approach.

you don't have to finish everything if you don't care about placement, you could do 1 lap of each and call it a day. nice and freeform like that. but i would aim to do all 9 laps for the full experience.

wish i wasn't so out of shape and available, i'd go with you.
    I misspoke before; I have ridden off-road a bunch (mostly Southwick) but not since June when I fracture my ankle (at, of course, Southwick).

another thing to note, plan for about $120 to race.
    Yes. You will be 100% fine.
    As far as the transponder, it's some cheap thing you buy and stick underneath your visor. The whole shmeal including entry, transponder, and membership will cost about as much as 2 sessions at a trackday (not that you'd know that cost LOL!)
    yup! go for it. that spot is def magical. i loved it ... perpare for ARM PUMP gas/brake city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Xponders nowadays are rf stickers either placed under the visor of your helmet or behind your bike's number plate depending on series.
    I don't know if JDSE has a sportsman class, but that's the non race race for anybody looking to check it out or just ride the ride.
    these fill up fast so i would check before driving out ... web pre-reg is over
    Thanks boys. Let's see how we go...

RRRIIP it up! you'll have a blast. awesome format.

don't worry about numbers or anything, transponder sticker under visor only.

Beta 200RR

I put the 11th as a tentative on my calendar.
    My last race is the next day in Ct, so i don't know exactly how that's going to work out.

In theory, we could talk Duncan into making some BBQ and we could ride somewhere (anywhere) and gorge afterwards.
    This is how my brain works. Ideally, as part of that, I might get a real lesson in ENC meat cooking.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

RRRIIP it up! you'll have a blast. awesome format.

don't worry about numbers or anything, transponder sticker under visor only.
    So I did the JDay Hobbit Sprint Enduro.. kind of. I haven't ridden a dirt bike since June when I fractured my ankle, and I haven't ridden the KTM nor have I ridden in the woods since August of last year. My fitness sucks, because I haven't been able to exercise since June, but I thought I would be able to manage it.

I, uhh, thought wrong.

I did the Woods Course first, and I absolutely sucked. I bled the front brakes earlier this week but they are awful, which is my fault, and my slow going meant the bike got pretty warm as measured by my radiator cap gauge. But, still, I just flat-out sucked. The terrain was quite a bit harder than I thought it'd be, and I honestly only managed to finish 1 lap. It wasn't fun, at all.

I did the Cross Course 2nd, which I thought would be kind of a MX track layout in a grass field. Instead, it seemed more like a much easier woods ride, so I did all three laps at a pretty methodical pace.

I talked to a couple of guys that did the Extreme Course first and they said "It's like the woods, but way gnarlier". Suffice it to say I did not do Extreme course.

I'd planned on doing the Turkey Run tomorrow morning, but the KTM's registration expired last year and I can't renew it online because the RMV requires proof of insurance at renewal. Which I can't do, because that policy has also expired.

Clinton, are you still doing HVD tomorrow?

I wish I had something more encouraging than: better luck next time.
    Woods riding is pretty demanding...as you well know. Again.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I put the 11th as a tentative on my calendar.
    My last race is the next day in Ct, so i don't know exactly how that's going to work out.

In theory, we could talk Duncan into making some BBQ and we could ride somewhere (anywhere) and gorge afterwards.
    This is how my brain works. Ideally, as part of that, I might get a real lesson in ENC meat cooking.
    sweet on the 11th but i do like the sound of something before that + delicious meats. what say ye, LoudBeard? the weather is only going to get better and better here on out.

So I did the JDay Hobbit Sprint Enduro.. kind of. I haven't ridden a dirt bike since June when I fractured my ankle, and I haven't ridden the KTM nor have I ridden in the woods since August of last year. My fitness sucks, because I haven't been able to exercise since June, but I thought I would be able to manage it.

I, uhh, thought wrong.

I did the Woods Course first, and I absolutely sucked. I bled the front brakes earlier this week but they are awful, which is my fault, and my slow going meant the bike got pretty warm as measured by my radiator cap gauge. But, still, I just flat-out sucked. The terrain was quite a bit harder than I thought it'd be, and I honestly only managed to finish 1 lap. It wasn't fun, at all.

I did the Cross Course 2nd, which I thought would be kind of a MX track layout in a grass field. Instead, it seemed more like a much easier woods ride, so I did all three laps at a pretty methodical pace.

I talked to a couple of guys that did the Extreme Course first and they said "It's like the woods, but way gnarlier". Suffice it to say I did not do Extreme course.

I'd planned on doing the Turkey Run tomorrow morning, but the KTM's registration expired last year and I can't renew it online because the RMV requires proof of insurance at renewal. Which I can't do, because that policy has also expired.

Clinton, are you still doing HVD tomorrow?
    ah, dude, i feel for ya but aces for jumping in the mix! glad you at least gelled on the Cross Course, last years layout was super fun. had a blast during my last test of the day on that one chasing a guy i met in the lot. beautiful spot though, no? the ride out and back was dreamy (116).

yup, still hitting HVD for 10.

i'm fighting a cold and rusty as shit but i cant wait to fire that bike. got the Tubliss installed today, anxious to see how it feels.

Beta 200RR

In theory it's doable for me as well. My trail system is looking shabby AF but I can probably get it together. I assume we're talking November 11th...because October is a Wednesday.

This also assumes I haven't had my shoulder surgery yet. MRI is this week, not sure how quickly it will get scheduled after that. Of course, that won't stop me from smoking meats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief