Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 80 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4060707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2439

Let's get dirty...check here for rides.

Lifer

Re: Let's get dirty...check here for rides.

I’ll be at Wrentham state forest 10:30 tomorrow if anyones looking to ride.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

hmm, need to drop rear bearings in but will post if i can join.

Beta 200RR

Let's get dirty...check here for rides.

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    I’ll be at Wrentham state forest 10:30 tomorrow if anyones looking to ride.
    you still riding today? i just finished wheel bearings, i can load up and meet you for like 11 if you are. ... SCRATCH THAT: be down there around noon. will look for you

Last edited by typeone; 07-07-18 at 09:52 AM.
    Beta 200RR

Lifer

I've got my eye on the NETRA Enduro for Sunday. Probably going to be out late the night before so I'm reluctant to say for sure that I'll be there.

Are there any good resources for the Brand-X enduro rules beyond the NETRA Enduro rule book PDF? The rule book seems to be more aimed at people organizing the event than the actual scoring system. They discuss some of the concepts, but it's spaced out and more as a definition of terms. It refers to the governing body behind Brand-X (New England Interval) and I can't find them on google.

My onboard computer has a mode that lets me adjust the odometer +/-, and shows a stopwatch that can be reset to 0, but not +/-. And I think I lose access to the clock once I enter that mode. Am I going to want a clock?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

Set your watch to key time. Your current minute (which will change with every check out) + route sheet = watch.

On the road sections: Go exactly what the speed is set at...pull way over to the side if you have to, to let traffic go by. It’s better to be late than early. “Burning” a check costs you 2x as many points as being late to that check, and may get you DQ’d if you’re more than 5min early.

Last edited by Chippertheripper; 07-12-18 at 07:15 PM.
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

Did the enduro. Pretty sure I disqualified myself early on. I didn't realize some of the resets are basically an imposed pit-stop. They 'gain time' right? I hit the first re-set, drank some water for 30sec then continued. That reset the time bumps up 5 minutes. Quite a bit of it makes more sense now though. And it was a great trail ride anyway.

Are most casual competitors running an enduro computer? Or just watch and adjustable trip meter?

I learned that I'm terrible in deep sand. Like noob level. I can get it to float in a straight line but I can't turn. I'm assuming steer with the rear, but have no idea how to react or use my hands. Dumped the bike for the photographer so that's gotta be worth some bonus points right?

nedirtriders.com

He has pix up already. Professional Photography - Cole Beach Photography
    I do not run a computer. Just a watch and a route sheet. I use the odometer on my bike for ground mileage only, because course mileage is marked everywhere so you know where you’re at.
    I suffered hard yesterday. The heat kicks my ass like nothing else. I ate shit 3x in the long section before gas cuz I was loopy and ragdolling like whoa, and had to dial it way back and just survive.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

Ya I do terrible in high humidity days like that. Felt sick at lunch,drank tons of water throughout the day, and still lost 5lbs. I was pretty sloppy by the end. Seemed like a pretty good turn out? But think quite a few called it quits at lunch.

Thanks for the tips. I’m thinking about heading to the Noble enduro next if the weathers good. Flyer says no plate/lights required if anyone is looking for ways to ride without a registed bike.

nedirtriders.com

Noble is a good ride. No crazy technical stoppers or anything, just a decent ride.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

I’m thinking about heading to the Noble enduro next if the weathers good. Flyer says no plate/lights required if anyone is looking for ways to ride without a registed bike.
    i may join you for this ... put it on the calendar.

I learned that I'm terrible in deep sand. Like noob level. I can get it to float in a straight line but I can't turn. I'm assuming steer with the rear, but have no idea how to react or use my hands. Dumped the bike for the photographer so that's gotta be worth some bonus points right?
    sand is a mind fuck ... have you ever ridden at Southwick? if not, it's excellent practice

Last edited by typeone; 07-16-18 at 11:57 AM.
    Beta 200RR

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    sand is a mind fuck ... have you ever ridden at Southwick? if not, it's excellent practice
    Nope, but I feel like I have some motivation now. Either that or I need to find a sandpit.

nedirtriders.com

That little section they opened up on the kid side of Freetown has some sandy flow. Granted, you have to go through the rocky bits on the other side, but that first bit is fun.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Lifer

I've done quite a few laps on the parking lot loop this year. One of my favorite trails lately with that new section. I don't mind the rocks, but the way people are trenching the swamp part is getting annoying. I can handle that sand decent. Even after it dried out, I can still get my way through that stuff without too much trouble. Never experienced anything as fine as the sandpit they had us go through.

Plus you really only get one attempt then you gotta do the loop again. Which is probably why I never developed the skill. Any time I've come across deep sand it was brief, I got across it, and kept going. Never spend any time on it.

nedirtriders.com

I really thought for a while that I was just horrible at riding sandy stuff. Then I realized that the front was flat. The weather was not Enduro friendly so the DNF wasn’t the worst thing. What’s going on with the noble?

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

I'd be in for the Noble

2008 Kawasaki Concours 14

2018 Beta 390 RR-S

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    That little section they opened up on the kid side of Freetown has some sandy flow. Granted, you have to go through the rocky bits on the other side, but that first bit is fun.
    Might try to hit Freetown this week, where is this loop you speak of? (For a first timer)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the loop that starts and ends off the actual motorcycle parking lot.
    Week? As in weekday??

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

It’s the loop that starts and ends off the actual motorcycle parking lot.
    Week? As in weekday??
    Yeah...I am getting laid off on Monday so I don’t really give a shit if I show up for work or not

Ahhh, jeez. Sorry man. I hope this turns out to be a positive outcome down the line.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Ahhh, jeez. Sorry man. I hope this turns out to be a positive outcome down the line.

It will...I was trying to leave anyway. Guess I have some time to ride now!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Jewcati View Post
    Might try to hit Freetown this week, where is this loop you speak of? (For a first timer)
    There's two official trails in Freetown, and both loop back to the single official moto parking area. The easier, shorter, and flowier one is easy to find right off the parking lot. The guardrails that line the parking lot have two motorcycle-width openings aside from the entrance. It's a one-way loop. The green one is entrance, the red one is where you'll come out. About 5miles.

Across the street from the parking lot is the long, rocky loop. It's fairly challenging. It's ~18mi, but has a bail-out at about mile 5. Entrance and exit are both right across from parking lot, and entrance is on the left (marked on tree). This side gets a lot less traffic. Navigation for both is fairly straight forward.

By the looks of the weather report, I'll probably be riding Freetown or Wrentham on Saturday if you want a navigator.

nedirtriders.com

There's two official trails in Freetown, and both loop back to the single official moto parking area. The easier, shorter, and flowier one is easy to find right off the parking lot. The guardrails that line the parking lot have two motorcycle-width openings aside from the entrance. It's a one-way loop. The green one is entrance, the red one is where you'll come out. About 5miles.

Across the street from the parking lot is the long, rocky loop. It's fairly challenging. It's ~18mi, but has a bail-out at about mile 5. Entrance and exit are both right across from parking lot, and entrance is on the left (marked on tree). This side gets a lot less traffic. Navigation for both is fairly straight forward.

By the looks of the weather report, I'll probably be riding Freetown or Wrentham on Saturday if you want a navigator.
    Thanks!

Anyone down for a ride Friday?

What time are you thinking of going tomorrow? Was thinking I might try to hit a loop early. Did franklin yesterday. Would like something a bit more flowy.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Jewcati View Post
    What time are you thinking of going tomorrow? Was thinking I might try to hit a loop early. Did franklin yesterday. Would like something a bit more flowy.

Damn, so I just changed plans to do downhill mountain biking Saturday a few hours ago. Figured you were riding today instead. You wanna ride downhill instead? Heading to Thunder Mountain in Charlemont.

Otherwise, Freetown parking lot loop if you want flow. Dirt lot on Bell Rock Road (link goes to GPS coords of lot). The loop starts and ends there.

nedirtriders.com