Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 86 of 98 FirstFirst ... 64666767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2439

Let's get dirty...check here for rides.

Re: Let's get dirty...check here for rides.

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    Next he's gonna tell us how cool e-bikes are. They're so quiet and low maintenance.
    And so under the radar that they companies that make them are ceasing operations...

Bah. Wanted an Alta...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I guess I'm too old and grumpy to embrace the ebikes. That's for the next gen.

Paul_E_D

There is a race at Capeway Rovers this weekend, as well as the last NETRA Enduro of the year. I'm super tempted to jump right into racing MX, after one time at the track. A nice B card may be on the line if I place well at the enduro.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    There is a race at Capeway Rovers this weekend, as well as the last NETRA Enduro of the year. I'm super tempted to jump right into racing MX, after one time at the track. A nice B card may be on the line if I place well at the enduro.
    go for the B card, that's a great accomplishment ... MX will be there allll next season ... too bad Stimilon is done, now that you have the MX bug you would have loved that shit. best weekends ever.

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    I'm very slow, but I thought Wareham was the easiest track to ride. I also had the most laps there, so that's unsurprising.

Southwick (in Westfield) is the bomb diggity, but it's obviously a very difficult place to ride. I like NHMX (Lempster, NH) a lot, partially because it's a long track but it's also very wide -- so you have plenty of room to recover from mistakes. I never tried any other tracks, I don't think.
    Southwick is in..... Southwick. One town over from Westfield. And it's not where the Southwick Zoo is, either.

I grew up in Southwick, so couldn't let that one slide. haha.

Lifer

I did the Clarkies (Freetown) enduro and I think I've finally figured out the part I was missing with all the enduro stuff. I was overthinking it. Which is absolutely shocking if you know me well enough. Still managed to crew up a couple basics, but it's coming together. Ended up with some really gross looking heat rash and pretty sure I overheated myself a bit. Conditions were pretty decent in Freetown if anyone wants a trail report. A little wet/greasy in some spots still, but not totally swamped out.

There's another enduro in Wrentham next weekend. Think I'm gonna be busy that day, but it's the back-up plan. Signed up for the NH Classic. And I think there's still Stimilon spots available.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

You got to see my smiling face at check 8.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

There's another enduro in Wrentham next weekend. Think I'm gonna be busy that day, but it's the back-up plan. Signed up for the NH Classic. And I think there's still Stimilon spots available.
    The wrentham enduro was super fun last year. Just a little greasy is about as good as Freetown gets. I wish I could have raced both this year.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    You got to see my smiling face at check 8.
    Oh, no shit. That was the one in the gravel lot right? If so, I was near the back of the pack on one of the few yamaha's. I was the clueless guy who asked if/when I should leave the check, then looked over my shoulder at the approaching rider and said "ehhhh I'll leave now, I want to be in front of this guy". Pretty sure it was someone I'd just passed. No sense in doing it twice. I hadn't quite processed how the Known checks can differ from the Secret ones until after the race.

Thanks for standing around all day
    Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    Just a little greasy is about as good as Freetown gets.
    I feel like the conditions there are a shake of the magic 8 ball. It could rain for days, and you'd figure the trails would be a swamp. But delightful surprise that they're kinda normal. Rained heavily once two weeks ago? It's somehow become the bayou.

nedirtriders.com

Lifer

NETRA's got an enduro going on in Maine Sunday, and they're saying no Bike Reg required if any of you non-plated guys want to try it.

Just did the Mohawk Harescramble and that was even better than I was expecting. Next weekend's another scramble in RI that I'm planning on going to as well.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

^ i have that RI HS on my radar but ... anyone riding tomorrow?

Beta 200RR

I may be dumb and take the sumo to MX207 tomorrow.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Nah. it's fun getting landed on...

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    i still crack up thinking about Zsolt rippin' Rocky Hill MX on a sumo ... random kid, "you can't ride that here" ... Zsolt, "watch me"

Last edited by typeone; 08-16-19 at 12:07 PM.
    Beta 200RR

Lifer

I'm still planning on the RI HS. Have plans tomorrow, so no back-to-back for me.

The enduro was great. Not the most mileage, but it was all pretty good trail and not a ton of connector road. I had a way better time than last year's mudfest

nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    i still crack up thinking about Zsolt rippin' Rocky Hill MX on a sumo ... random kid, "you can't ride that here" ... Zsolt, "watch me"
    If you want attention at a MX track, show up with slicks. I don't think the winners of an AMA Supermoto event get the number of questions I do when I go to MX207 on the sumo.

I'm probably going to crow hill tomorrow and definitely going to WVRC Sunday for the family fun day (knobbies allowed on big bikes). Haven't been to an mx course before so I'm a bit nervous about crow hill.

YouTube: The Motorcycle Room 2015 R1 - 2009 KX250f

Quote Originally Posted by tucktuvak View Post
    I'm probably going to crow hill tomorrow and definitely going to WVRC Sunday for the family fun day (knobbies allowed on big bikes). Haven't been to an mx course before so I'm a bit nervous about crow hill.
    we were just up at Crow Hill last night with the little ones ...

you're going to have a blast, it's been super groomed the last two times i've been up, seems they've been adding more loam + features. i haven't been up with my bike in a few seasons but it's always a good time. they will split skill levels when it's busy so stick your lines and you should be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still planning on the RI HS. Have plans tomorrow, so no back-to-back for me.

The enduro was great. Not the most mileage, but it was all pretty good trail and not a ton of connector road. I had a way better time than last year's mudfest
    how was the RI HS? course vid looked fun.

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by tucktuvak View Post
    That's a big weekend. Gonna be sore monday!

Paul_E_D

Lifer

For some reason I thought WVRC only allowed smaller-than-fullsize bikes. Has that changed, or is this a special event? There's also a JDay in western MA on Sunday.

I'm planning on going to the hare scramble in eastern CT sunday. https://www.netra.org/event/2019-ind...stance_id=1332

nedirtriders.com

Lifer

how was the RI HS? course vid looked fun.
    It was great if you like NE-style trails Not much for flow - it was a fairly chunky trail with some kinda awkward lines. The heat killed me. I usually feel tired after, but this was something extra special. I dropped the bike quite a few times, all in stupid ways.

The preview vid left me thinking it'd be mudpits and water crossings but there really wasn't much of that. Or I guess it was there - it just wasn't as bad as I was fearing. The course reminded me of freetown's long loop.

nedirtriders.com

For some reason I thought WVRC only allowed smaller-than-fullsize bikes. Has that changed, or is this a special event? There's also a JDay in western MA on Sunday.

I'm planning on going to the hare scramble in eastern CT sunday. https://www.netra.org/event/2019-ind...stance_id=1332
    According to Facebook it's a special event, apparently a "family fun day" where they allow knobbies on big bikes.

YouTube: The Motorcycle Room 2015 R1 - 2009 KX250f

that's a beautiful spot out in Cheshire for the JDay, did a SE there a few years back. i did awful but courses were fun, i assume the GP uses most of the same trail.

does NETRA use that same location? just noticed the Mohawk HS was in Cheshire as well.

It was great if you like NE-style trails Not much for flow - it was a fairly chunky trail with some kinda awkward lines. The heat killed me. I usually feel tired after, but this was something extra special. I dropped the bike quite a few times, all in stupid ways.

The preview vid left me thinking it'd be mudpits and water crossings but there really wasn't much of that. Or I guess it was there - it just wasn't as bad as I was fearing. The course reminded me of freetown's long loop.
    sorry, i watched Indian Ridge, not Richardsons bummer on the heat but nice work jumping in all these scrambles ! have you been attending with your cousin?

Beta 200RR

Lifer

does NETRA use that same location? just noticed the Mohawk HS was in Cheshire as well.
    I don't know why, but I want to say it's not the same. Maybe I read somewhere that it was new trail? The Mohawk HS course was beautiful though.
    sorry, i watched Indian Ridge, not Richardsons bummer on the heat but nice work jumping in all these scrambles ! have you been attending with your cousin?
    Yep and a couple other guys. We did the NE24 and I think that's caused a theme for the summer.

At one point someone joked that we could all try solo'ing the NE24 next year and I think that might accidentally have become a real idea.

nedirtriders.com

There's also a JDay in western MA on Sunday.

I kept debating jday vs netra for this weekend, and settled on jday. Figured we'd head down tomorrow afternoon and poke around greylock for a little then just camp there. Both areas look nice for woods, so it was a tough call.

Planning to do the ammonusuc river turkey run on Sept 7 (just doing sat), and hopefully the westfield HS later in the month.