Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 949697980818283848586878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2439

Let's get dirty...check here for rides.

Re: Let's get dirty...check here for rides.

shite, been under a fat rock for months ... needs me some MO.TO!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Lifer

I went to Freetown last weekend for the first time this year and saw the new bridge they put in on the short loop. It goes over the swamp section that was getting really trenched out. Perfect spot and I'm sure will be really welcome for the less frequent riders. The long loop had quite a few trees down, but still plenty rideable.

I might check out 508 Intl this weekend. They're apparently having an 'open ride' motocross day on Saturday.
    https://508intl.com/shop/mx62020/

nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    I went to Freetown last weekend for the first time this year and saw the new bridge they put in on the short loop. It goes over the swamp section that was getting really trenched out. Perfect spot and I'm sure will be really welcome for the less frequent riders. The long loop had quite a few trees down, but still plenty rideable.

I might check out 508 Intl this weekend. They're apparently having an 'open ride' motocross day on Saturday.
    https://508intl.com/shop/mx62020/
    saw that ... didn't know there was a kids track as well, my dudes are dying to hit CH but still not open (soon i guess)

Beta 200RR

Lifer

Happy to see another spot to ride. Was a bit dusty today, but no surprise there. Had a great time. Dirt wasn't screened fill, so some big chunks of rock out there but I kinda like it that way. More of a natural feel to it. No massive jumps or anything truly difficult for a less experienced rider. They're pretty close to MX23, so I'd bet they're trying to position themselves to be more 'beginner/intermediate friendly'. But I think they haven't had a ton of moto days so they could have some bigger plans in the works.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    Happy to see another spot to ride. Was a bit dusty today, but no surprise there. Had a great time. Dirt wasn't screened fill, so some big chunks of rock out there but I kinda like it that way. More of a natural feel to it. No massive jumps or anything truly difficult for a less experienced rider. They're pretty close to MX23, so I'd bet they're trying to position themselves to be more 'beginner/intermediate friendly'. But I think they haven't had a ton of moto days so they could have some bigger plans in the works.
    good to hear you made it out ... how did they run the day? was it really only 1 lap at a time or timed sessions? how about crowd size? right, think they've only had 1 or 2 other 'MX' days in the past. there was some drama that went down, forget what, and riders kinda gave them the finger ... turned into more of a Spartan Race place for a while with some Jeep days thrown in.

Beta 200RR

Lifer

Open practice, no groups. They'd pop everyone off once every ~45min to run a water truck around. I put 60 miles on the odometer It wasn't packed, so not sure if they had different plans for breaking it up.

I've been kinda curious what the back story was, because I thought it was primarily going to be a moto track when it was first announced and then it seemed like they pretty quickly 180'ed. I assumed it was town/permit related, but I've seen some chatter online that seemed like the moto guys weren't impressed. I like the idea of a multi-sport location because I think it'll help cross-over and image. Get half the town to come through the facility throughout the year and have some fun.

The person I checked in with at arrival mentioned they want to hear comments and I felt bad not sticking around at the end to give my two cents, but I was overheated, and I'm not exactly a moto guy. Point being I got the impression there might have been some annoyed riders in the past and they're interested in avoiding a repeat.

nedirtriders.com

I found me a MX school: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GtD...ature=youtu.be July 15th at NHMX. Still some spots open, Smutty is explicitly not allowed entry! (30yrs old and up, 'vet' school.) It's a Stimilon event so, should be a good time. http://www.stimilon.com/registration...077/category=0

Hey Clinton, If you see this, check your FB messages!

Paul_E_D

Had a group of 5 at my place this past
    Saturday, about 25 miles worth of single track in the heat and humidity. Wow were we all exhausted, I'm hoping to find time to cut more single track in the pine groves with less rocks. Good times, really enjoying the YZ 250X

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Had a group of 5 at my place this past
    Saturday, about 25 miles worth of single track in the heat and humidity. Wow were we all exhausted, I'm hoping to find time to cut more single track in the pine groves with less rocks. Good times, really enjoying the YZ 250X
    Awesome! You cut all that? 25 miles is a lot of trail.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Paul_E_D

no kidding, 25mi is amazing ... it's all we've been talking about lately, need land ... spawn are rippin'

Beta 200RR

I think he's saying they rode, cumulatively, for about 25 miles. I think Mark has about 5-7 on his land, which is also awesome.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    I think he's saying they rode, cumulatively, for about 25 miles. I think Mark has about 5-7 on his land, which is also awesome.
    Yeah. I figured that out right after i posted. Lol. I have 25-30 miles of trail... on 5400 acres! Took me a whole season and a half to learn it all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Paul_E_D

Lifer

I'd take 5-7 miles of trail on land I am not going to get fined for riding. That'd be okay with me
    The tax bill. Not so sure how I feel about that.

Getting fined doesn't seem to have anything to do with who owns the land these days. sucks, but it's true.

Paul_E_D

Lifer

I don't believe that is true in NH yet.

I'm pretty damn happy with the 3 miles of mild trails I have behind my house, hard to beat rolling it out of the garage and going for a rip....to that point, I'm hoping to pick up my CRF this weekend. I went ahead and added a few more items to the list:

*ALL* new bearings; steering head, swingarm pivot, shock and linkage, wheels
    New seals and fluid in the forks

She's going to be the cleanest '04 around

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I'd take 5-7 miles of trail on land I am not going to get fined for riding. That'd be okay with me
    The tax bill. Not so sure how I feel about that.
    I have about 7 miles on my own land, one loop is a continuous 3.8 mile loop. I'm sure I could cut another 7 miles if I had the extra time.

As for the taxes, I have 148.6 acres that I put in the state farm/forest program. My annual tax bill for the 148.8 acres is $486.00
    Had we not put the land in that program, the annual taxes would be just shy of $4k.
    Oddly, the key details in our program are to cut and maintain a trail system.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Lifer

Tax structure is a bit different over my way. I've looked into it.
    Are you still a fan of owning that much land? I gathered you had fallen somewhat out of love with it due to the upkeep.

Tax structure is a bit different over my way. I've looked into it.
    Are you still a fan of owning that much land? I gathered you had fallen somewhat out of love with it due to the upkeep.
    If I were 20 years younger, I’d be more excited about the land. At this point, I wouldn’t do it again. Other than cashing in on what will be an amazing investment, this house and land is not part of our retirement plan, it’s simply to much work.

Yamaha

Well, good for you on the investment. It can make those retirement plans a lot easier!

Paul_E_D

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    If I were 20 years younger, I’d be more excited about the land. At this point, I wouldn’t do it again. Other than cashing in on what will be an amazing investment, this house and land is not part of our retirement plan, it’s simply to much work.
    No doubt.
    In the interest of pulling this all the way off topic, what do you think a reasonable balance is?
    I'm finding ~3 acres not quite enough. My in-laws are shopping for land to plop down a retirement home and have their ideas. I'm over here having my semi-annual "we should buy some land" fantasies.

Most of the trails behind me are concentrated in about a 15 acre area and total about 3 miles. Many interconnecting loops, a lot of it is tight. There's about 100 acres of woods back there but a lot of it is swampy and half of it is cut off as my on creek crossing had a massive tree fall and completely block it. I lost access to about 2 miles of trails then.

Short version, I think you need 10 but would be better with 20.

No doubt.
    In the interest of pulling this all the way off topic, what do you think a reasonable balance is?
    I'm finding ~3 acres not quite enough. My in-laws are shopping for land to plop down a retirement home and have their ideas. I'm over here having my semi-annual "we should buy some land" fantasies.

My last house had 13.5 acres and I felt that was enough. Problem tho, I could still see my neighbors. For me, it's about the privacy, so the positioning of the house to nearest neighbors would play a big part. My nearest neighbor now is 1/4 mile from me and they also share my driveway.

Yamaha

Riding at Mark's last place was fun. I somehow think the rocky terrain makes mileage less important. It the trails were easy, it may have seemed like less. My sister has 50 acres, and it could be an absolute playground for dirtbikes. It is a lot of land. They only maintain an acre or so. I think between 10 and 20 is the sweet spot.

Paul_E_D