Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1555758586878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2439

Let's get dirty...check here for rides.

Re: Let's get dirty...check here for rides.

I'm a fan of 207, partially biased 'cause it's right in my back yard but I also like the layout. Jumps are well marked, very few that will bite you if you only partially commit, good mix of terrain and they are clearly putting effort into making it a nice place to just be at as well. If they're running next Sunday I may ride the day, or do some trail riding now that the woods bike is registered.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    However I felt like their jumps were on the larger side for me. That said, they also felt dialed in really nice that it seemed like I could have started making some progress if I'd had more time on the track.
    That's been my impression from watching some videos. The jumps look bigger than I'm comfortable with, but seem a lot better built/maintained than some other places around. I'm thinking something like mx101 would be good, as I haven't really ridden mx before. Only ridden tracks as part of a few jdays, and well, we see how that worked out the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    I'm a fan of 207, partially biased 'cause it's right in my back yard but I also like the layout. Jumps are well marked, very few that will bite you if you only partially commit, good mix of terrain and they are clearly putting effort into making it a nice place to just be at as well. If they're running next Sunday I may ride the day, or do some trail riding now that the woods bike is registered.
    But then this makes me think more about going there.... haha.
    It does look like a nice track, and is actually a little closer than Epping.

Will probably think about it next week and see how things shake out.

back when we were doing weekly Crow Hill runs, i lost my crew to 207 ... they would constantly rub in how sweet the place was and how the jumps made you feel like a hero, they were not jumpers ... still haven't been.

Beta 200RR

So the jday schedule just got updated. The Oct 25 event was out in the Berkshires, didn't feel like making that haul. It just got changed to go back to Sandbox. 45 min from my place. Might run that...

So, I'm back from WV. What a great way to spend a week. We camped (glamped) at the Ashland Resort. This place is in the middle of the Indian Ridge trail system. A group of 30 TTD staff and customers came down. People stayed at various places nearby. We met up for the morning of the first day and broke into some groups according to experience, from beginner to Peter Kates. LOL. These groups eventually broke into smaller groups and We were riding in pods of 4-6 bikes. This worked out perfectly.

The first day was rainy and cold. We all went to the Pocahontas trails. This was likely a mistake as it was WET and had a clay surface that was quite slick. Any technical climbs were MUCH harder than normal. PK dragged 9 of us through a few tough single tracks climbs. We were pretty whipped from dragging bikes up mountains. Finished up by 2pm. Honestly was a bit disheartened. The forecast called for more rain tuesday.

THe groups shattered a bit and we rode out of the campground at Indian ridge. A rainy morning gave way to a sunny afternoon. There wasn't as much clay at IR, so the riding was a lot more fun. THe 2 track trails were pretty well groomed and all riders were able to conquer the intermediate ones. The expert trails there were quite steep, and the wet made even the 2 track climbs seriously challenging in spots.

I fell into a rhythm at IR and rode there for the rest of the time. I would do Expert terrain (single and 2 track) first thing with a small group of 4, then lunch back at the campground followed by a session leading an intermediate group on all but the black 2 track. Then I would hook back up with my expert crew and we basically wicked it up and did laps of the 2 track at a speed that we felt wasn't life threatening and did all the challenging climbs we could find.

Overall, it was a friggin blast. If you are a single track snob, this isn't for you. There's not a lot of it. However, when you want a challenge, it is there.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Overall, it was a friggin blast. If you are a single track snob, this isn't for you. There's not a lot of it.
    Excellent closer. I was envious right up till the end Mostly faster double track for quads/SxS?

I ran the AMA harescramble today, and after all the rain Friday, I figured it'd be a mudfest for sure. I saw claims that it was drying out, but I thought it was people with a sense of humor. It was a little greasy, but otherwise ideal conditions. Lots of roots, and quite a few rocks. Really had to get used to the bike dancing around for half the course.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

It is absolutely built for SxSs. All agreed that it didn't take away from the fun though. Some serious steepness makes the number of tracks irrelevant. Also, being allowed to use roads and generally be welcome everywhere was an unusual experience.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Lifer

I knew you would like hatfield paul. I was sorry to hear about the couple theft issues. But otherwise it sounds like the weather mostly cooperated and everyone had fun. Can't get over how big the group was this time.

So you did not ride the area furthest away (pinnacle I think) at all? Good reason to go back!

Did you do the single track up in pocahontas. 135 I think. Loved that one. Great flow. I could take laps on that one all day.

I didn't go to pinnacle. The schlep out and back meant we couldn't split the day, which our group needed to do as we had a 3 year old and the parents were swapping care mid day.

The trip was more for who i shared it with as opposed to me doing all the terrain possible.

I think we did 135 at pochahontas. As well as a show stopper we had to bail around the crux due to the slippery conditions.

Paul_E_D

Lifer

...our group needed to do as we had a 3 year old and the parents were swapping care mid day.
    That's awesome.

Those trails are great as even the wide green connectors can be a twisty roller coaster of fun. Even the "schlep" out to pinnacle is exactly that way. Switchbacks, set back hair pins, short steep climbs and water bars set up for just the right amount of air. I remember blowing the tail end of a last day a couple years ago doing as you describe; ripping around indian ridge until we had our fill. I haven't found any place up this way that rides like that. Calling it double track almost isn't fair as it doesn't compare very well to most of the double track we have here in the north-east.

It also helps that you usually have the place almost to yourself this late in the season.

The trip was more for who i shared it with as opposed to me doing all the terrain possible.
    That right there is why we ride. It's about the hang time.

This year was no different. The week was great. A bit of everything for me.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rada View Post
    That right there is why we ride. It's about the hang time.

This year was no different. The week was great. A bit of everything for me.
    Bummed we didn't get to ride together though!

Paul_E_D

Being able to ride to the road and to restaurants, gas stations, etc is really a cool experience like you said.

Only thing I didn't dig about riding there was the constant fear of ripping around a corner with PK and finding a SxS coming the other way full tilt. Some of the corners were completely blind, as they wound around solid rock.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

The only thing we almost hit head on was... Peter Kates who was ripping in the other direction! lol. SxSs weren't a problem as they were crawling. We didn't ride on the weekend though, which I heard gets crazy.

Paul_E_D

Lifer

I've probably said this before but turkey runs (aka dual sport rides) will likely get you a roughly similar experience without leaving new england. I'm sure it isn't exactly the same. Just saying there's more options. Enduros have similarities in certain respects, but not all.

nedirtriders.com

I've probably said this before but turkey runs (aka dual sport rides) will likely get you a roughly similar experience without leaving new england. I'm sure it isn't exactly the same. Just saying there's more options. Enduros have similarities in certain respects, but not all.
    I have no doubt that there are all kinds of fun events around here. My schedule of roadracing and trackdays usually means I can't make any of them, or I want a weekend off. This trip has become an annual thing. A way to just blow off steam after the pavement season is over. The location is half the adventure.

Paul_E_D

I’m off for two weeks, changing jobs. Down in NC this week but I’ll be back Sunday. Riding at my place on Monday. Any week day next week I’d be happy to meet up and ride. Down to go range out from Rehoboth a bit as well.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Lifer

I'm sure it isn't exactly the same.
    I really think it is. There are a lot of dimensions to this; the type of terrain/geography, the quantity of terrain, the ease of access. I haven't experienced anything similar here in New England.

But another huge difference is you can ride it any time year round (I think). Meaning you can go down with your crew and have the run of the place. In years past we've ridden for hours on end without seeing another person. Contrast that to a single turkey day where some terrain is open for that one day only and you have hundreds of riders jam packed into it all at once.

It's just different. Doesn't replace a turkey run. It is its own cat all by itself.

If you haven't been down there I can whole heartedly recommend taking a trip.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    I’m off for two weeks, changing jobs. Down in NC this week but I’ll be back Sunday. Riding at my place on Monday. Any week day next week I’d be happy to meet up and ride. Down to go range out from Rehoboth a bit as well.
    I might need some motivations to use vacation time.
    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I really think it is. There are a lot of dimensions to this; the type of terrain/geography, the quantity of terrain, the ease of access. I haven't experienced anything similar here in New England.
    I suspect there's a key word being misread/mistyped here, but my point wasn't to say one's better than the other. I'm just saying if you all like that, there's possibly more stuff kinda like it locally too. What they've got down south is probably superior in a lot of ways. And I'm sure I'll get down there eventually.

nedirtriders.com

A lot of the stuff down there is a lot less techy and much more open. You can really fly which is a completely different experience. The yz125 I was on friggin loved it! Ideal bike for that place!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

I might need some motivations to use vacation time.
    I’m down for whatever, my only limits are daycare hours. 8:00 am drop off, 5:00 pm pick up.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Going to take friday off....Anyone want to ride? I am pretty central to HVD, Wrentham, Freetown

Lifer

Had my shock rebuilt/revavled and just did some tuning at Freetown Sunday. I should have done this sooner, and I figured that'd be my reaction. Pretty sure my shock was mostly blown out - rebound wasn't very well controlled. I'm actually not sure the revalve made nearly as much difference as 'properly functioning shock' did. Didn't do the front end yet - gonna save that for the winter.

If the weather holds for Wednesday, I'll be riding. Haven't made up my mind on the where yet. Wareham and MX23 will both be open, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's busy. Been meaning to get up to HVD for a while and haven't done it.

nedirtriders.com

good deal on the shock, who did you have tune it?

wish i could ride tomorrow, would join you ... may hit HVD Sat.

Beta 200RR

Holy crap was it nice out there today!

Paul_E_D