Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 56 of 98 FirstFirst ... 16364647484950515253545556575859606162636465667696 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2439

Let's get dirty...check here for rides.

Re: Let's get dirty...check here for rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    I rode Southwick too on Saturday. It was nowhere near the gnarliest/muddiest they will use it, but it was in that kinda dangerous area where 80% of the track is absolutely fine, but some spots would practically throw you over the bars if you picked a line thru the boggy spots. A friend and I rode the first two sessions and bailed, switched to dual sports and put in over a hundred miles on them. All in all a great day of riding!
    Yeah, I had the same issue up until about 1pm or so. There were a couple of sessions where it so was muddy that, without enough speed, you would get stuck and stall. So guys would end up cutting across sections of the track to avoid them!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    Champagne celebration after i won practice .. .

HVD was super busy but the trails were mint. great to see you dudes, hope the injuries are all clear by now.

heads up that there is a MTB race down there Sat June 3rd. trails are closed from 8-4.
    Good times fo sho! Didn't know the High Life was flowing or I would of stuck around longer.
    The back is a little tweaked but should be good to go this weekend.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Too many toys, not enough time.

TWICE, I almost went over the bars at the base of the finish line jump, on the left side. It's not a slow section and my speed went from whatever to almost zero mph in a couple feet without warning. The first time I thought it was a freak thing, the second time I decided enough was enough...that section looked no worse than about 7 or 8 other spots on the track that weren't doing the Velcro trick, at least to me.

There is something kind of cool about pressure washing wet mud off of two different bikes that you filthified in the same day (LOL)

Last edited by Imbeek; 05-30-17 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Good times fo sho! Didn't know the High Life was flowing or I would of stuck around longer.
    The back is a little tweaked but should be good to go this weekend.
    i tried to score some soda on the way down but got denied. forgot it was Sunday good to hear the back is minor! if we don't do HVD Sun am, might do a western romp Sat. up in the air. Chris is jonesin' to hit Oct Mtn again. been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    TWICE, I almost went over the bars at the base of the finish line jump, on the left side. It's not a slow section and my speed went from whatever to almost zero mph in a couple feet without warning. The first time I thought it was a freak thing, the second time I decided enough was enough...that section looked no worse than about 7 or 8 other spots on the track that weren't doing the Velcro trick, at least to me.

There is something kind of cool about pressure washing wet mud off of two different bikes that you filthified in the same day (LOL)
    hahaa, sucks! that's really the worst part of Southwick is sticky DEEP ruts when it's wet. that shit can eat a 450 like it's a 49. and you never get that crap off the bike, it becomes a mod no cross-rutting those rails without some pain.

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Both, I guess. The biggest frustration was that they sent out 80cc bikes at the start of the C group, but a lot of those kids are too small to get around the track unassisted, so they took forever to get 'round the track. Which meant that our sessions got shortened from 15m to 10m each time, but also the gap between sessions got bigger. Oh well!
    Odd, at MX207 even the little guy on a CRF50 was circulating under his own power for the whole track, and was even hitting the spectator jump properly getting air under both tires. If it wasn't for my fear of tangling with a kid who didn't expect my sumo's line to shift unexpectedly as they passed me I would have gone out with them as the track was less crowded with them then the adult sessions. Hell, many of them also ran the adult sessions, lil kids on 65s clearing most everything was awesome. And those Cobra 50s? Those lil bikes RIP!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Odd, at MX207 even the little guy on a CRF50 was circulating under his own power for the whole track, and was even hitting the spectator jump properly getting air under both tires. If it wasn't for my fear of tangling with a kid who didn't expect my sumo's line to shift unexpectedly as they passed me I would have gone out with them as the track was less crowded with them then the adult sessions. Hell, many of them also ran the adult sessions, lil kids on 65s clearing most everything was awesome. And those Cobra 50s? Those lil bikes RIP!
    I'm not sure how a 50 can even finish a lap at southwick. My 125 struggled to do so when it was wet

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    I'm not sure how a 50 can even finish a lap at southwick. My 125 struggled to do so when it was wet
    Oh, wait, we're talking about Southwick? Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Both, I guess. The biggest frustration was that they sent out 80cc bikes at the start of the C group, but a lot of those kids are too small to get around the track unassisted, so they took forever to get 'round the track. Which meant that our sessions got shortened from 15m to 10m each time, but also the gap between sessions got bigger. Oh well!

I went to Boston Calling on Sunday, no racing for me. Really want to try Winchester though!
    motocross = waiting the one thing i always hated about it ... love the chit chat hang time, but don't feel like riding anymore by the time you go out again! practice or race.

nice on Boston Calling, what bands did you catch? we were talking about that on Sun. i'm so pissed i missed the Black Angles and the Growlers a few weeks ago. (individual shows)

Beta 200RR

Freetown NETRA enduro was pretty dope on Sunday, and it certainly lit a fire under my ass. I worked a check until that closed, then putt putted back to the lot, got geared up and went and pulled 30ish miles of arrows. I chased a seasoned B heavy rider and a AA around for a while, and did some clicking and got my stuff running pretty decent (more on that in a sec). I need more practice.

TODAY I went and rode the section of the check I worked (new trails) and hammered around some of the long loop (more clicking) and crossed to the kid side...
    this is an area where it's pretty easy to let it hang out and get wild. Well, I punted a rock on the way to the top of 4th gear, and got flicked. A proper high side. Luckily I didn't reach out at all, it happened so fast I saw ground and then a mix of sky and motorcycle and then tumbled my ass off. I had to regroup for a few and walk the trail till I found an arrow because it's pretty moist out there, so there was no fresh dirt, and zero way to tell which direction I came/needed to go.
    Wear your gear.
    I have some handguards to straighten, and a front end to re-align before the wrentham enduro this weekend, and then it's hammer time.

Wear your gear. Let me say that again.

It's fuzzy like my vision was for a few.

This "baby bedrock" section is unbelievable. I bet it turns out to be one of the best woods tests of the season.

Sunny side up, kids.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

a spoon full of clicking helps the medicine go down, the medicine go dowwwn.. .

good to hear the getoff was basic. 4th gear in the woods is no joke. that moisture before the weekend added some nice conditions, no dust, but def some slip out of nowhere.

second section looks groovy, won't stay like that for long!

Beta 200RR

There were some fast sections at the Clarkies enduro. I used to hate them, but I was passing riders in the fast areas this time. The enduro didn't go so well for me, I broke a toe a few miles in then my bike unexpectedly died about twenty miles in. No spark, and no idea why, I changed the plug on the trail just in case, to no avail. It was a two hour push down the trails to get to a road that I knew and good enough service to see myself on maps.

Last edited by maxim_X; 05-30-17 at 03:27 PM.
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

a spoon full of clicking helps the medicine go down, the medicine go dowwwn.. .

good to hear the getoff was basic. 4th gear in the woods is no joke. that moisture before the weekend added some nice conditions, no dust, but def some slip out of nowhere.

second section looks groovy, won't stay like that for long!
    It should stay. It's off limits, except for permitted events. I had to go back and double check and make sure there were no arrows left. *winkwink*

Shit, Jc, a toe-zee too??

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Yeah. It's big and hard and black gigity. I didn't crash, just jammed my foot between a rock and the peg in a garden.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Lifer

With a moto boot on? Jam it into the toe-box? Or did it manage to press in enough?

nedirtriders.com

Yeah, an sg10. I don't know exactly what happened other than it got between the peg and a rock. I ignored the hurt during the race but when I took the boot off I was greeted with a swollen black toe.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Chop it off!

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Chop it off!
    Bolt cutters or a dremel?

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

hurst tool?

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Spoon

Lifer

Just ride that section again barefoot.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Why do you think there's no more SX in foxboro.
    word from parts unlimited was unions

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    Finally got an ORV sticker!!! Still a couple weeks out from being able to use it tho.
    dirt classic?

Not that anybody gives a flying fuck, but I have that 70yr old run over by a bus syndrome this morning.
    Dad status.

My bike is all clean though, and fresh meats are on the way for Sunday.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

guess that punishment thing worked out well for you guys then

Beta 200RR

motocross = waiting the one thing i always hated about it ... love the chit chat hang time, but don't feel like riding anymore by the time you go out again! practice or race.

nice on Boston Calling, what bands did you catch? we were talking about that on Sun. i'm so pissed i missed the Black Angles and the Growlers a few weeks ago. (individual shows)
    I did Bon Iver & Sigur Ros on Friday night, The XX and Mumford & Sons on Saturday night, and Frightened Rabbit on Sunday. Sigur Ros were off the charts amazing, I basically went just for them. I also broke up a couple of fights at the Mumford concert.. sigh

Riding this weekend, but not in Mass. I'm doing a flat-track race in Lawrenceburg, IN! Doing it on a friend's TTR125. Should be good for a laugh...

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Freetown NETRA enduro was pretty dope on Sunday, and it certainly lit a fire under my ass. I worked a check until that closed, then putt putted back to the lot, got geared up and went and pulled 30ish miles of arrows. I chased a seasoned B heavy rider and a AA around for a while, and did some clicking and got my stuff running pretty decent (more on that in a sec). I need more practice.
    Glad to hear you made it out relatively ok. I'd still love to do an enduro or even a turkey run.. gotta get the KTM going again!

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

looks like i need to stay local again ... HVD Sunday 6/4

Beta 200RR