Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 57 of 98 FirstFirst ... 17374748495051525354555657585960616263646566677797 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2439

Let's get dirty...check here for rides.

Re: Let's get dirty...check here for rides.

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    ...I'd still love to do an enduro or even a turkey run.. gotta get the KTM going again!
    get that thing in order so you can join me for NETRA Satan's Kingdom 6/18 ... OR ... the Dam Good Scramble 8/20 (super fun trails)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

King Phillip Enduro in wrentham Sunday. I gotta swap a tire tomorrow, otherwise I'm all set and packed, everything is staged.
    Brap!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    King Phillip Enduro in wrentham Sunday. I gotta swap a tire tomorrow, otherwise I'm all set and packed, everything is staged.
    Brap!
    wish you didn't need a plate, i'd join for the proper beating!

Beta 200RR

Thats sorta the best part, it's typically (depending on the location) one continuous loop, as opposed to laps on the same circuit.

Disclaimer: some races use sections twice and/or run sections both directions.

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    get that thing in order so you can join me for NETRA Satan's Kingdom 6/18 ... OR ... the Dam Good Scramble 8/20 (super fun trails)
    6/18 I'll be in Ireland, so no can do. 8/20 is good though!

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Thats sorta the best part, it's typically (depending on the location) one continuous loop, as opposed to laps on the same circuit.
    good point. it's time i just make the plate happen. it will open so many doors.. .

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    6/18 I'll be in Ireland, so no can do. 8/20 is good though!
    rad. i make note ... and i'll try to talk Timby into joining, we had a good time there last season.

Beta 200RR

Lifer

Maybe it's time to PSA:

Hare Scrambles – New England Trail Rider Association
    Enduros – New England Trail Rider Association
    Non-competitive Events – New England Trail Rider Association

I haven't been to any thing yet this year but I'm itching to ride a harescramble, and pretty sure I'll be at the upcoming turkey run.

Went to CT Motocross earlier this week. First time on a moto track. Had a lot of fun. I was consistently terrible at the handful of deep ruts though.

Last edited by aldend123; 06-02-17 at 05:57 PM.
    nedirtriders.com

Ruts were a huge weakness for me. I don't know when it clicked, but they get easier.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

looks like i need to stay local again ... HVD Sunday 6/4
    Usual time + 20min?

Too many toys, not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Usual time + 20min?
    yessir, see you there.

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    Maybe it's time to PSA:

Hare Scrambles – New England Trail Rider Association
    Enduros – New England Trail Rider Association
    Non-competitive Events – New England Trail Rider Association

I haven't been to any thing yet this year but I'm itching to ride a harescramble, and pretty sure I'll be at the upcoming turkey run.

Went to CT Motocross earlier this week. First time on a moto track. Had a lot of fun. I was consistently terrible at the handful of deep ruts though.
    which hare scramble are you thinking about?

on the MX, nice! we really need a group ride at NHMX this season (or the Wick).

Beta 200RR

well, the first race on a 4t is in the books. I have a long way to go to get back to the level of comfort I had with the 300.
    the 350 is probably the best trail riding bike I've ever been on. Racing though, that remains to be seen.
    I managed a second in b-vet, which is certainly something to be happy about, but I have no frame of reference for what fast feels like on that bike still.
    I have more questions than answers right now.
    other than: taking a season off is not a good idea in that sport.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

That's me on #306 at Lawrenceburg Motorcycle Speedway in Indiana. Two heats, one race, one crash, two Dead Fucking Lasts. I had a lot of fun, though! I've never really been interested in flat track racing so I've never watched it on TV or seen it in person. I was on a Yamaha TTR125, which was amusing. It's a lot harder than I thought...

A handful of AMA pros were out there, as they were practicing for an AMA race the next day in Louisville, KY. They're on a mix of 450cc and 750cc stuff, and Jesus fucking Christ they are fast. It was a small track, less than 1/4 mile, and the rate at which they tip them into the corners is just unbelievable.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by number9; 06-04-17 at 09:30 PM.
    '02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Lifer

which hare scramble are you thinking about?
    Whichever one I can figure out how to fit in to the schedule but nothing planned at the moment. It'd probably be one of those closer to the south/east side of New England as I'm on the wrong end to make driving out to NY or western CT worth it. The two in early July (eastern CT) might be a possibility but if I'm honest with myself, the Exeter,RI one in October might be the 'you better do one before winter' option.

I haven't tried an enduro and while I'd like to do another harescramble, I'm thinking enduro might be more my style. I'm not a super competitive type. It's fun to ride with a bunch of people and see what you can learn, but I have no desire to go bang bars in to a turn trying to keep a lead.

I watched the Crowhill Jday a month-ish ago wondering to myself 'why am I not riding this?'. Granted, the last time I went to one I was just starting out so it seemed like another league.

Last edited by aldend123; 06-05-17 at 11:11 AM.
    nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    Whichever one I can figure out how to fit in to the schedule but nothing planned at the moment. It'd probably be one of those closer to the south/east side of New England as I'm on the wrong end to make driving out to NY or western CT worth it. The two in early July (eastern CT) might be a possibility but if I'm honest with myself, the Exeter,RI one in October might be the 'you better do one before winter' option.

I haven't tried an enduro and while I'd like to do another harescramble, I'm thinking enduro might be more my style. I'm not a super competitive type. It's fun to ride with a bunch of people and see what you can learn, but I have no desire to go bang bars in to a turn trying to keep a lead.

I watched the Crowhill Jday a month-ish ago wondering to myself 'why am I not riding this?'. Granted, the last time I went to one I was just starting out so it seemed like another league.
    In sept there's a netra scramble in mattapoisett.

I love enduros specifically for the reason you stated. It's just you, the trail, and the clock.
    People come by, move over and get on with your ride. Most, like 99%, of all other enduro riders are happy to return the favor.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Usual time + 20min?
    so bummed i had to bail early, heard you guys had a great session!

I love enduros specifically for the reason you stated. It's just you, the trail, and the clock.
    wish NETRA was doing sprints again. same type of attraction but shorter and no plate needed.

Beta 200RR

I'm already reg'd for JDay sprint enduro for the season although I haven't raced yet. Y'all post up if there's one you're interested in doing and I'll do my best to make it.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Took the kid up to Dunbarton today for the first time. She did pretty swell. DOT tires and all. She get's along great with her new dirt horsey. The joint was hella busy today too. Many many bikes. Riders too.

Lifer

So nice to get out on the two hunny. Even better to do it with friends.
    Ate shit twice.. in exactly the same spot! Flat corner with a nice berm on the side. Really wide rut with sloppy mud in it. First time through I gassed it too hard and drove the front into the berm way too hard, waggled and then had a disagreement with a tree; tree won. Second time through I was off the gas entirely, front slid, caught on the berm and abruptly tossed me over the high side. Somedays I just can't win.

Feels like the clutch is starting to gimmie troubles. I feel slip in higher gears and clutch in upshifts grind a bit.
    She's due to be taken offline and given some love. Just no damned time to do it.

Last edited by nhbubba; 06-12-17 at 06:43 AM.

I rode the 350 with the "right" clicks in the squishy bits. Much nicer in the rocks, but man oh man, does it blow through the stroke in fast hard hits, and whoops (clicked in like that), forget it. I gave myself a nice thumb flapper with an especially hard hit on/over a big rock that bottomed the forks hard.
    I want my closed chambers back.
    I haven't written off these 4cs forks yet, but I'm not totally thrilled with them at the moment either.
    I may pull them and have Gilles take a look at them, but I'm not wanting to put anybody's kids through college shoveling shit against the tide, so to speak.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

I rode the 350 with the "right" clicks in the squishy bits. Much nicer in the rocks, but man oh man, does it blow through the stroke in fast hard hits, and whoops (clicked in like that), forget it. I gave myself a nice thumb flapper with an especially hard hit on/over a big rock that bottomed the forks hard.
    I want my closed chambers back.
    I haven't written off these 4cs forks yet, but I'm not totally thrilled with them at the moment either.
    I may pull them and have Gilles take a look at them, but I'm not wanting to put anybody's kids through college shoveling shit against the tide, so to speak.
    I had FC do my 4CS and they are VERY good. I have a jday type practice spot and they perform admirably in MX whoops, as well as single track roots and logs. I haven't gone anywhere really rocky yet, but all signs point to great all around setup

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    I had FC do my 4CS and they are VERY good. I have a jday type practice spot and they perform admirably in MX whoops, as well as single track roots and logs. I haven't gone anywhere really rocky yet, but all signs point to great all around setup
    Yeah, when I had it set up stiffer it was fine in the whoops, but really made me wrestle in the tighter gnar. Maybe bill's secret sauce just isn't right for me on this platform, I don't know. I'm gonna get out again this week, so I'll make a couple adjustments and see how that feels.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

My FC settings have very good resistance to big hits, but also and acceptably low level of deflection in the gnar. I can't remember all the mods they do, but it's extensive. Not an adjustable base valve, but a new bottoming setup, base, and midvalving, plus I don't think the check valves are in, and the rebound cartridge is no longer sealed.

Paul_E_D

i'm in a similar fight with my OC forks. pissing me off. need more test sessions...

had Motorworx revalve both ends, figured i would try his initial settings first but no go at all. rear sag is way out of wack, riding like a chopper again, and forks are driving me nuts, harsh in rocks. to be fair, i've only tried a few different settings so far, just need some time. (i hope)

- - - Updated - - -

Paul, OC or CC on your bike? i assume WP? EDIT: sorry, didn't see your 4CS comment...

Last edited by typeone; 06-12-17 at 07:47 AM.
    Beta 200RR

Yep, 4cs is a multiple clased chamber design. I think you're average tuner will not overcome the basic character of either really firm, or totally spineless. The bigger names have developed solutions. FC, Kreft, and a RT and a few others.

Paul_E_D