Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 90 of 98 FirstFirst ... 10507080818283848586878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2439

Let's get dirty...check here for rides.

Re: Let's get dirty...check here for rides.

A few parts held me up from pickup last weekend. First, I accidentally threw away the air filter cage when I took shit apart last year. That came in today and he was able to start it for the first time.

It started first kick.

2 more items to address, the petcock is leaking and the gas cap is leaking. Parts to repair should be in stock at CMP, aiming to pick it up the end of the week. I'm so damn excited, it's been too long since I've twisted a throttle in anger and I think my wife is sick of me making "brap" noises in the bedroom.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Lifer

I went to freetown again this weekend - the fast loop has apparently seen a lot of action recently because it's quite a bit more blown out than the last time I was there. Get there before it gets worse

Installed some stage 2 hotcams before I went and they bumped up the top end nicely, but nothing drastic. However, the starter couldn't turn past TDC, as if it couldn't overcome the compression. Think I killed the battery trying (maybe coincidence? It isn't young). But it's also quite a bit harder to kick now. Cams have the same auto-decomp mechanism as factory cams had. Is it possibly not engaging? I'm pretty sure I got the timing right - but if I were off by one tooth, could that be enough to prevent the auto-decomp from doing anything? I can't figure out how a cam swap could add a lot of effort to the kicker.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

I’m planning to go to MX23 this afternoon if the weather is alright, and crow hill tomorrow if I don’t go to MX23 today. Anyone care to join?

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I got the timing right - but if I were off by one tooth, could that be enough to prevent the auto-decomp from doing anything? I can't figure out how a cam swap could add a lot of effort to the kicker.
    Welp, turns out there's two marks on the flywheel. No clue what the second one's for. I timed to the wrong one. Oops. That explains a couple of things. Much easier to kick now.
    Quote Originally Posted by tucktuvak View Post
    I’m planning to go to MX23 this afternoon if the weather is alright, and crow hill tomorrow if I don’t go to MX23 today. Anyone care to join?
    If I could, I would. If the rain holds, you'll have a great day. I bet the dirt's perfect.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

The other mark might be full advance timing if you're checking with a light?

Let's get dirty...check here for rides.-ddf0548b-6596-4430-8499-b04f361a0819

Let's get dirty...check here for rides.-a5b2aa68-6bf8-4c0b-a1f3-1137a5662604

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    ... bik pichers...
    sweeet ! how's it feel?

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    sweeet ! how's it feel?
    Don’t quite know yet, just gave it a ride around the parking lot when I picked it up last night. I went +2 on the rear sprocket and it still feels pretty tall, we’ll see how I feel about it on the trail. Ergos feel pretty good standing, I’ve got 2” risers and a woods bend bar on there.

Lifer

As long as the weather stays clear-ish, I'm meeting some people at HopEv Sunday morning. I don't have a NH reg though, so I gotta figure that part out. Thinking I might try taking a video of me putting a check in the mail. I'm fine with paying them. I've always heard it's easy in NH, but I went down their list of places and almost all of them are closed on Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    The other mark might be full advance timing if you're checking with a light?
    Ah yep, I bet that's what it is. Although I don't think the YZ's have it. I was thinking maybe they had plans to offer an alternate cam timing? The WR's came handicapped from the factory and Yamaha sold a kit of instructions on how to undo it all 'for race use only'. I don't remember it covering changing timing, but perhaps it's an artifact of a decisions they reversed?
    minibike
    Between the chunky tires and the depth-of-field/perspective, it almost looks like a CRF150. Which is how it will look once you're on it.

nedirtriders.com

As long as the weather stays clear-ish, I'm meeting some people at HopEv Sunday morning. I don't have a NH reg though, so I gotta figure that part out. Thinking I might try taking a video of me putting a check in the mail. I'm fine with paying them. I've always heard it's easy in NH, but I went down their list of places and almost all of them are closed on Sunday.
    doesn't help you on a Sunday but CMP still does NH stickers ... not sure if Caryn's Convenience off Rt13 in Brookline still does stickers but i got one there a while back.

Beta 200RR

Well this thing is a damn handful in the woods, mostly my fault though. About an hour was all I could manage before my hands had enough, death grip on the bars most of the way. I started getting a bit better feel for it towards the end, it likes to lug in 2nd gear pretty well. It also likes to stall if I’m not careful with the clutch control. The suspension is excellent, although I need to set sag as I’m too deep in the stroke at static position. I think my idiot mechanic installed a wheelie switch where the throttle is supposed to go.

Anyway, it’s not true love yet, but I have a lot to do physically before I can pass judgement on it. Need time in the seat, haven’t really ridden in over 2 years.

That was an honest assessment! refreshing.

Paul_E_D

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    not sure if Caryn's Convenience off Rt13 in Brookline still does stickers
    Caryn's isn't on the list so I'm guessing not. Not really on the way for me either. Thanks for the suggestions though. I did find that Naults is right off the highway and on the NH list. I'd like to be in Dunbarton for 8-9am, and that's 45min north of Naults, who opens at 9am. I'm guessing unlikely I'm outta there before 9:30. Might call them tomorrow and see if there's a way I can work something out via email.
    I think my idiot mechanic installed a wheelie switch where the throttle is supposed to go.
    Oh no, that's original equipment on the 450's.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    That was an honest assessment! refreshing.
    Funny enough, I’m not in bad shape now, just don’t have any dirt bike muscles. It’ll take me a few sessions before I can ease up on the bars. I definitely didn’t have any illusions that I was going to jump right back in and ride clean. I wasn’t exactly Graham Jarvis before the 2 year hiatus.

This may still end up being too much bike for what I like to do. If I had my choice I’d be on a 350 exc-f. I’m going to ride it for the rest of the season though and make a decision then.

Well this thing is a damn handful in the woods, mostly my fault though. About an hour was all I could manage before my hands had enough, death grip on the bars most of the way. I started getting a bit better feel for it towards the end, it likes to lug in 2nd gear pretty well. It also likes to stall if I’m not careful with the clutch control. The suspension is excellent, although I need to set sag as I’m too deep in the stroke at static position. I think my idiot mechanic installed a wheelie switch where the throttle is supposed to go.

Anyway, it’s not true love yet, but I have a lot to do physically before I can pass judgement on it. Need time in the seat, haven’t really ridden in over 2 years.
    People that can ride a 450 motocrosser in the woods and actually have fun, are few and far between. Joel is one of them of course. My 25 year old nephew bought an 09 crf450, ride it here a few times, was exhausted after an hour of riding every time. He picked up a 2020 xcw300 tpi 6days and loving the difference.

You're always welcomed here to bang around on some rocks if you'd like. I'm hoping once my garage project is done, I can cut some single track in the pine groves

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    People that can ride a 450 motocrosser in the woods and actually have fun, are few and far between. Joel is one of them of course. My 25 year old nephew bought an 09 crf450, ride it here a few times, was exhausted after an hour of riding every time. He picked up a 2020 xcw300 tpi 6days and loving the difference.

You're always welcomed here to bang around on some rocks if you'd like. I'm hoping once my garage project is done, I can cut some single track in the pine groves
    Yeah, it’s not the bike I would have chosen for what I like to ride, but it came as a package deal I couldn’t turn down. I was actually surprisingly encouraged towards the end of my short ride. In spite of being already smoked, I got some comfort and confidence. I’ll definitely know more 10 rides from now.

I was just thinking the other day I should ping you for a ride sometime soon. Let me know when you have some more free time and we’ll go for a rip. I’ve been wanting to see a 250X in action since they came out.

Ok, I’m fully open in Rehoboth. Took the saw out this evening and cleared out the 4 or 5 places I had downed trees blocking the trail. There’s a few old branch trails I want to get opened up and a few new cuts I want to do, but there’s 5 interconnecting loops and about 3 miles ready to ride. Summer is my quiet season at work so hit me up for an after work jam session, weekends are cool too.

Had a ton of fun on the CRF today. Looking like it might be a fit. Rode about 3 hours, lots of whooped out power lines, hit some tighter sections in loops off the lines. Much fun was had. This is the first dirt bike I’ve had with nice suspension setup well for me. 3rd/4th gear through the whoops, just add throttle. Literally didn’t find anything me problem on the power lines today that throttle didn’t immediately solve. We’re gonna keep her for a spell.

Lifer

I've never been to HopEv, and because it's a popular spot and mixed use trails, I didn't have high expectations. Was expecting open cart roads and smooth, straight, double track. Boy did I get that wrong. The flow on the faster stuff was spectacular. And the single track was pretty excellent too. Now I wish I was closer.

nedirtriders.com

Had a ton of fun on the CRF today. Looking like it might be a fit. Rode about 3 hours, lots of whooped out power lines, hit some tighter sections in loops off the lines. Much fun was had. This is the first dirt bike I’ve had with nice suspension setup well for me. 3rd/4th gear through the whoops, just add throttle. Literally didn’t find anything me problem on the power lines today that throttle didn’t immediately solve. We’re gonna keep her for a spell.
    Nice. I had that same year CRF. It can be a handful in the woods at times but you’ll adapt. Get it out on an MX track for the big grins.

I've never been to HopEv, and because it's a popular spot and mixed use trails, I didn't have high expectations. Was expecting open cart roads and smooth, straight, double track. Boy did I get that wrong. The flow on the faster stuff was spectacular. And the single track was pretty excellent too. Now I wish I was closer.
    I too was impressed. I wasn't sure about buying the 100 dollar sticker to ride there, but I'm glad I did, and will be back a few times before it expires.

Paul_E_D

After clearing some down logs, here’s a 75 yard rip uphill with a nice rock to boost off about a third of the way up.
    Let's get dirty...check here for rides.-40179340-2e2d-4c24-ab50-2a4d006f0797

Trying to cut more sections like this as I have a ton of tighter trail already.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by loudbeard; 07-15-20 at 09:13 AM.

Where was that? Just picked up a TE150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jewcati View Post
    Where was that? Just picked up a TE150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In Rehoboth, a friend of mine has access from his house.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    I found me a MX school: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GtD...ature=youtu.be July 15th at NHMX. Still some spots open, Smutty is explicitly not allowed entry! (30yrs old and up, 'vet' school.) It's a Stimilon event so, should be a good time. http://www.stimilon.com/registration...077/category=0
    So, this was a good time. Class was limited to 20 people, we had NHMX to ourselves to make custom loops on for running various drills. AJ's theory of operation was to get everyone standing on the bike, in the right 'attack' position and then let everything flow from there. For me, he filled in a couple holes in the standing position that finally made it 'click' and got my confidence on track way up. Throw in rut/berm riding drills where brakes were off limits, and often clutch hand was off the bars and again, confidence increased. Towards the end we worked a couple jumps, I didn't 'clear' any properly but 4th tapped did happen. If Dave arranges another I'll be sure to post up, AJ should be running more classes in New England this year.

Now, if you need me I'll be flopped on the floor likely drooling while trying to recover from school and racing in a short time frame.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!