Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Wildlife

Lifer

Wildlife

Today my wife and I rolled up on a young Moose. I was running up front on my KDX, and I got extremely close to it, initially. It just walked off to one side of the trail, and started walking parallel to the trail. My wife came rolling up behind me, and I told her that it was just over the next knoll, out of sight. We rolled up slowly, and we came upon it right away. It started trotting a bit faster, still parallel to the trail, but it was starting to veer off into the woods. We watched it for a few minutes, and it just trotted into a bunch of smaller trees, and stopped there, like it was trying to hide from us. It was neat to see, but my wife was getting nervous, so we rode away slowly and left it alone.
    We got home, and I washed the machines up, and I started surfing the web. I heard an odd noise outside, like something small hit the house. Then I saw a flash of light. That got my attention, and I looked up to see a white BMW sitting in the road in front of our house. I walked outside, and the woman and kids in the car shouted "Bear!". I looked to the right, and a small bear was looking at me, maybe 10 feet away. He slowly turned and walked to our back yard, and the woman came running out of her car with a camera. She was making me nervous, chasing the bear from the right side of the house, to the left - the woman in the front of the house, and the bear in the back. I was just standing in the same spot, smiling. The bear eventually walked off into the woods, and the woman thanked me (for letting her run all over the yard, I guess), and got back in her car and left.
    I was happy that she did not get mauled, and happy to see that bear again. It appeared to be the same size as the one we saw earlier this summer on our deck. I did not get pictures this time.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Wildlife

Try rubbing peanut butter on her jacket next time.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I had a rather large bear in the back yard this AM. He was lazing around eating apples... then walked over to my neighbors and shook the living sh*t out of their bird feeder, then walked to the next neighbors and ate her flowers. I'll say he was a tad over 6' when he stood and weight 300 - 350... I was startled to say the least...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wildlife-imgp2446-jpg  

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

A house that I stay at often recently had a bear in the front yard

Wildlife-219122_10101407269846810_836551158_o-jpg

'06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

I'm surprised they don't fear the fire breathing 2-strokes!

we just got back from a week at hatfield mc coy to find a pile of bear crap in the driveway , haven't had the chance to look around the property yet for other signs but I'm sure it is around somewhere .

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Lifer

Sean, what I have learned from some Bear hunters is that they tend to be on 7-10 day "tours", and not stay in any one very local area for very long. This has proven to be very true for us. Our friend was returning every 9-10 days, for a while there in the summer. We would mark the date that we saw him on the calendar, and predict his return pretty accurately by this schedule.

Lifer

Sheppo - I like the "squirrel-proof" cable mount of those bird feeders! Does it work? How does he keep the sections of PVC tube separated?

Lifer

Wildlife

Quote Originally Posted by theothersean View Post
    we just got back from a week at hatfield mc coy to find a pile of bear crap in the driveway , haven't had the chance to look around the property yet for other signs but I'm sure it is around somewhere .
    Don't bother looking around, you won't find any bear. Also, I stopped by the other day. You weren't home so.....

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    Don't bother looking around, you won't find any bear. Also, I stopped by the other day. You weren't home so.....

so...... what are you saying , you are the one that pooped in the driveway

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650