Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

DOT Knobby's

Re: DOT Knobby's

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    And a fair amount of baby powder to slip the thing inside your sneaker.
    yes, they are a f'in bish to deal with. especially if you pair them with a super-stiff sidewalled tire. language gets thrown

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    The MT 16 is available in both 120/100 and 120/90-18? That's crazy. Seems like such a subtle difference. IMO you are overthinking it. Pick the cheapest or easiest to source and buy.

I'm running the MT16 rear in 110/100-18 on my KTM 200. I like it. Although I think the 200 favors a narrower tire than larger bikes.
    I'm running the Golden GT 216AA "fatty" in 90/100-21 up front and like it a lot, if you were curious.

I ran a couple IRC tires that the PO handed me when I bought the bike before that and like this Golden/MT16 combo much better.

For DOTs I've run the Dunlop D606 and liked them a lot. Great choice for a dual-sport, IMO.
    Yes I heard of golden tyre from a rider I meet. I looked into them and the one you have. Going to try it out!

Jay
    2013 gixxer 750
    2009 Ducati M1100s
    2017 KTM exc-f 350

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspeed View Post
    Yes I heard of golden tyre from a rider I meet. I looked into them and the one you have. Going to try it out!
    heads up, Shinko came out with a dupe of the Golden Fatty ... Shinko 216MX Fatty ... it's like HALF the price. reviews seem to be good ... eats for brain

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Lifer

Say.. that's good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Say.. that's good to know.
    AOMC Newsletter:
    The rumors are true! Shinko is now producing an exact copy (except logos) of the extremely popular Goldentyre Fatty front. The 216 MX from Shinko is even produced in the same factory as the Goldentyre. The only difference between the two are the logos and the price, save $20 by going with the Shinko over the Goldentyre. Get yours now before the word gets out and they are gone!

Beta 200RR

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspeed View Post
    This season for the first time in my life I got failed for having a spongy rear brake and had to change the fluid to pass on my monster. Just trying to follow the rules and have a good tire.
    Take the bikes to McKenzie motors on Lincoln St in Allston for inspection. They are not as picky as some of the other places. As for tire choices, looks like you made up your mind. I was going to suggst Pirelli Mt21 (90% dirt) which I had on my crf230L. They were decent on road and good off road. A common ADVrider combo is D606 rear with MT21 front since the D606 front sucks.

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

Quote Originally Posted by dankatz View Post
    Take the bikes to McKenzie motors on Lincoln St in Allston for inspection. They are not as picky as some of the other places. As for tire choices, looks like you made up your mind. I was going to suggst Pirelli Mt21 (90% dirt) which I had on my crf230L. They were decent on road and good off road. A common ADVrider combo is D606 rear with MT21 front since the D606 front sucks.
    Yes I have heard of this combo! So far the current combo has delivered. If I need to get my rear dot rated the D606 will be on the radar for sure.

Jay
    2013 gixxer 750
    2009 Ducati M1100s
    2017 KTM exc-f 350

Calling out a lax inspection station in a public forum seems to be a particularly bad idea considering the Commonwealth is adding cameras.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Calling out a lax inspection station in a public forum seems to be a particularly bad idea considering the Commonwealth is adding cameras.
    I hear you. I would not say that they are lax - just less picky. I remember taking a bike to one of the big dealerships for inspection and they wanted to change the tires and a few other things on a bike that was 2 years old and honestly did not need that. They would not pass my inspection. I took the bike to another mechanic who I fully trusted and they said that I could ride it safely for another 4k miles. I just think some places are picker than others

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12