Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

f'in chipper

Re: f'in chipper

well, working sucks - I only ride once every other month at best, so I sold the CR tonight for $800...since I gave away the WR, I only made $150 on it, but it sure as heck beats spending $3,500 on something that never runs

I'm thinking a dual-sport is a better option...I can take it down the street anyday, and I can ride trails after work (trails 20 mins from work)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Just beware with dualsports...the suspension usually blows something fierce.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Just beware with dualsports...the suspension usually blows something fierce.
    You had me at "blows something fierce"

Giggity.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

I don't know why I'm actually considering this...but here goes

I don't know squat about katooms - what to look out for?

and I've only been inside a 2t - aren't older 4t's potentially expensive to maintain because they need valve servicing?

can I use this for sumo track days too?

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    I don't know why I'm actually considering this...but here goes

I don't know squat about katooms - what to look out for?

and I've only been inside a 2t - aren't older 4t's potentially expensive to maintain because they need valve servicing?

can I use this for sumo track days too?
    Learn how to check/adjust the valves and don't beat the piss out of it and you should get many many many many hours out of a head on that bike. If its screw adjustment valves its a no brainer, if you need shims its just a bit tougher but it isn't rocket science on a single.

That's an old RFS, screw and lock nut tappet adjusters. Valve checks are quick and easy on them.

you know what's crazy?

I get a text from the shady guy that bought my CR125...turns out they rode it 30 mins and the crank locked up!

God willing, that bike left my hands before becoming a ticking financial time bomb...

Last edited by breakdirt916; 03-20-13 at 11:24 PM.

Lifer

It makes you wonder if he mixed any oil with the fuel...

honestly, I wouldn't put it past him...he wasn't the smartest cat out there...he was asking a lot of useless questions (oh, it had the suspension done? so I gotta get a new one?) and he tried to get out of signing the title to avoid registering it

and personally, I don't care...the m'fer stole a ramp out of my truck bed while I went back to work, no sympathy for thieves

Last edited by breakdirt916; 03-20-13 at 11:24 PM.

and the m'fer stole a ramp out of my truck bed while I went back to work...so I wouldn't put it past him and frankly, he deserved it!
    Hey hey, no stereotyping mexicans!

And yeah, that totally sucks.

Jeff

edited for content - sorry, not tryin to stereotype

but ya...I can't believe the nerve of that guy:

-I told him "come after I get out of work at 9", so he shows up at 6:30 and is parked outside sitting on the bike (while it's in my truck!! don't come when I tell you not to, and don't touch my truck!!)
    -I told him $800 for the bike alone, or walk away. He pulls the whole "yoooo homey, you gotta help us out. We got bills to pay, throw in the ramps."
    -I'm filling out the title, and he's like "naah man, I gotta do dat?". Yes you do, in case you take it break it/crash it and come after me.
    -then he steals a ramp
    -then the bike breaks, and he wants his money back

how do you inconvenience someone while they're at work, then low ball them, then steal from them, then demand your money back?

wtf is wrong with people? I guess that's just craigslist!

Last edited by breakdirt916; 03-20-13 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    That's an old RFS, screw and lock nut tappet adjusters. Valve checks are quick and easy on them.
    Ya right! Lol jk shit if I can do it's def easy

You had him come at your house????

no, it was a plaza parking lot

even then, the title has my address on it...I'm praying they don't bash in my truck when I sleep!

i would have already called the police about the ramp

I'm a little uncertain about the "police":

here's what happened last time:

-my car was hit in a Target parking lot, while it was parked
    -the offender was flagged down by a passer by who said "you just hit that car"
    -offender leaves a note with her first name and cell #
    -I speak to her once, get an estimate of the damages, and she stops responding to my calls and texts because it's over $3,000 in damages to repair
    -I call the police, explain the situation that she hit my car and won't contact me back about fixing it. They pretty much told me there's nothing they can do, and that they'll file a report. I say to him "are you telling me I'm better off figuring this out on my own?" he's like "yeah, good luck!"

I pay $17 online, did a reverse cell # lookup of public records, found the bitch's address, and sent a text like this: "Hi Kim ##### of ### boulevard, #####, CA - I have your address and spoke to the police. They said this is a simple case of hit and run. You can start responding to my texts or an officer will be at your house within an hour for your arrest."

was this true? heck no...police pretty much said to me "good luck!"

but it worked...she called me within 30 seconds and said "sorry, I was on vacation."

maybe it's southern CA, or maybe it's me realizing that there are bad cops out there, but sometimes you're better of resolving it yourself!

Last edited by breakdirt916; 03-21-13 at 10:21 AM.

This is getting off topic, and maybe just in MA....but you give the police report and whatever other information you received to your insurance company and they do the rest. Easy as that, it really isn't the cops responsibility.

ins company was equally useless...without a plate #, full name/address, DL#, they pretty much told me they couldn't do anything either

so I had to search online and pay money to find her myself...even after, when we went through insurance with a claim - it still was a bitch...the woman denied ever hitting my car to her own insurance company, and her ins company said I was making it up and they didn't want to accept fault.

(going further) I sent them pictures of my car where it got hit, verified the color of her car (matched the damage on my car), and faxed a copy of the note she left on my car to the insurance company...took about 3-4 weeks before they finally took fault

more off topic: it doesn't end there!

**at the body shop**

me: "what do you think of this work?"
    body shop: "it's perfect! best work we've ever done."
    me: "than what's this?" (points to the sand in the paint)
    body shop: "oh it just needs to be wiped down, can you wait 15 mins?"
    *2 hours later*
    me: "it's still there."
    body shop: "Oh we weren't paid to repair that...that was there from before, we just did a blend over it. now please sign here."
    me: (overlooking the order) "why does it say here that you were supposed to repair that door?"
    body shop: "oh yeah! well, a deal's a deal, can you leave the car and get a ride?"

took another 3 weeks, and they were trying to get out of the rental

people suck man! you gotta take of biz yourself

Last edited by breakdirt916; 03-21-13 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    This is getting off topic, and maybe just in MA....but you give the police report and whatever other information you received to your insurance company and they do the rest. Easy as that, it really isn't the cops responsibility.
    ONLY if you have full coverage

Lifer

maybe it's southern CA, or maybe it's me realizing that there are bad cops out there, but sometimes you're better of resolving it yourself!
    I went through a bought of some pretty hard core identity theft a while back. Real mess with credit and such. I was required to fill out a police report with my local PD to fully document it all. I live in a small town. Cops here are people and pretty approachable, even friendly, especially when not in "wtf do you think you are doing" mode during a traffic stop.

Unfortunately I had evidence that the offenders were in ... yup, Southern CA. The officer pretty much came right out and said "don't get your hopes up" on anything on their end. They can have slam-dunk evidence and forward it to the PD out there and they will basically get laughed at. She said she went through it personally with her husband a year or two before hand. The officer she spoke to out there said something to the effect of "We're too busy investigating murders to waste time on stuff like that, take it up with the CC co."

Yeah, tax monies hard at work there.

Anyhow. Good luck not getting harassed by the guy you sold the bike to. Hope it all works out.

Me, unfortunately I would write the ramp off and move on.

I believe it...there are TONS of scams out here in socal...this place is so expensive, and people are poor, so they get money hungry and it changes people

I agree on the ramp - a ramp isn't worth potentially getting beat up over. I made a $150 profit on the bike it, so the way I see it, I just deducted it from my profits.

well on the plus side, some good came when my car got hit: I posted the situation on my local forum, and one guy that pm'd me was an investigations officer with some tips on how to work a police dept. Another guy that pm'd me worked for a major cell phone company - he said he'd check the cell # I had on his database, and to see if the person that hti me was a customer of theirs.

Last edited by breakdirt916; 03-22-13 at 01:08 AM.

Every time I see this thread title I feel a slight pang of guilt for no reason...
    Fuck.

Last edited by Chippertheripper; 03-22-13 at 05:02 AM.
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

f-no man!

blame socal...and blame craigstlist...blame cheap dirtbikes...and blame breakdirt916

A little late to the party, but thats a crazy deal for 2 bikes!

Met you a while back at BU... Sooooo you're saying that you miss riding that ancient Ninja 250 down Cummington St? At least the riding "season" in SoCal doesn't end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12