Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Getting dirty in Wolfboro / Alton

Getting dirty in Wolfboro / Alton

If I can get my bike fixed this week I'm looking to ride the Devils Den / Caverly Mountain trails in Wolfboro / Alton this coming weekend. 13th 14th 15th (F, Sa, Su)

All are welcome.

Supposedly they have done a lot of work to the trails and from past experience there are some nice trails, whoops, mix of fire roads and trails with burms, hills, switchbacks, sand, etc.

Legal trails - need OHRV sticker as they sometimes have officers out there checking - several nice parking spots, etc.

Stoneman is a maybe with quad on Sat

These trails are atv and bike friendly.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...10035&t=h&z=13

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by elissama; 11-09-09 at 01:01 PM.

Re: Getting dirty in Wolfboro / Alton

can't... but we should pray for good weather the following weekend!

Just to be clear:

-That area is regularly patrolled by NH Fish & Game. All trails out there are on private property and the landowners requested that they patrol. There's a good chance you'll get ticketed if you're unregi'd (or if you get caught)...

-There's only 2 parking areas:

From ROUTE 28 north of the Alton traffic circle, take a right on Drew Hill Rd and bear left on Hays Road. Follow the signs to parking...

From ROUTE 28 north of the Alton traffic circle, take a right on Rines Rd and keep going past Beaver Brook Wildlife Area. Cross over the little wooden bridge, you'll see the parking area on the left...

I prefer the Rines Rd. parking. But mostly because I always pass Drew Hill Rd., and I know Rines is coming up...

-The ATV/Dirtbike club that maintains the area has done a shitload of work out there this summer. I haven't been yet this year, but I hear they did an incredible job...

-Riding for ALL abilities. From the least experienced to the very experienced. From wide open access roads to granite outcroppings on your way to the top of the mountains...

I'm not sure if they still have it up. But www.newdurhamvalleyatvclub.com used to have an updated map of the trails out there...

I'm up in the air as to whether I'm going there or doing some unregistered riding down in Hooksett this weekend. But if I go to the Devil's Den area, we can meet up at my place and caravan up. I'm on the way if you're heading up route 28...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

This weekend I think I am out unless someone hangs around till Monday. I have an OHRV safety course to help with on Sunday and set up on Saturday after I close.

Monday I will probably ride the local MX track again weather permitting unless someone is around to go trail riding.

The following weekend, is the weather is decent I should be good to go.

2004 Honda VTR
    1998 Honda VTR (Track Bike )
    1990 Honda CB-1
    1973 Yamaha RD350
    http://www.ftmsnh.com

Quote Originally Posted by FTMS View Post
    This weekend I think I am out unless someone hangs around till Monday. I have an OHRV safety course to help with on Sunday and set up on Saturday after I close.

Monday I will probably ride the local MX track again weather permitting unless someone is around to go trail riding.

The following weekend, is the weather is decent I should be good to go.
    Nice - I think the following weekend we're hooking up with kitt up in richmond again

Quote Originally Posted by elissama101 View Post
    Nice - I think the following weekend we're hooking up with kitt up in richmond again
    Youll have to come this way for some riding. I have a 3 day weekend coming up soon and as long as everything goes well tomorrow I want to ride. I can probably get PK to come out with us too

James

hooking up with kitt

Lifer

In.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

That sounds good. That should give me a little seat time on this bike before then.

2004 Honda VTR
    1990 Honda CB-1
    1973 Yamaha RD350

If not familiar with the area. The New Durham club has put up a sign with an arrow at the Rines road sign, from the south, if you need another hint that you're about to pass it.

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."

I'm *this* close to being a definite for Saturday. My brother inlaw wantsta ride too, but he's not up for regi'ing his Rappy. There's a chance he may talk me into riding down in Hooksett where we've never needed a regi. If that's the case, I'm sure he won't mind if I bring a coupla tag alongs...

Again - if we all end up going to Devil's Den, we can meet up here first. Shit, we can rendezvous here after too...IF you catch what I'm sayin'...

We have room to put a coupla of ya up if we accidently break into the tequila collection...

It looks like Jay & Melissa are in, no? How do ya'll feel about Hooksett then? I got another buddy wantsta go now too and he, like my brother inlaw aren't regi'd. There's at least a few hours to be had out there anyway: Fairly varied, nothing overly challenging but a few small rough spots. Some open areas, maybe a few mudholes that haven't dried up and some tight, woodsie trails. We leave from the yard(s) of my inlaws...

The only problem *I* have with that is it's the first weekend of rifle season and that area is a popular hunting area...

Lifer

I'm not so sure about hooksett, The reg is only $45 and they could pick them up anytime. I really like the trails at clough and I'm guessing DD is similiar kind of stuff, and there's no chance of trouble or tickets. We still have to figure out what's wrong with Melissa's bike and get that working again too.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by hessogood View Post
    I'm not so sure about hooksett, The reg is only $45 and they could pick them up anytime. I really like the trails at clough and I'm guessing DD is similiar kind of stuff, and there's no chance of trouble or tickets. We still have to figure out what's wrong with Melissa's bike and get that working again too.
    So are you in so long as it's DD?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post

The Den has some burms but its not as carved out as Clough (or at least wasn't last time I was there) - there is definitely some good variety though and a lot of stuff to explore.

I'm just in for the Den this weekend too Stoneman - haven't been out there yet this year and def wanna hit it up. Hessoo is in at the Den - I'm in so long as I can get my bike up and running - otherwise I might have to resort to my wimply little suzuki ltz250 with bald tires.

If we do the den I'm down for pre and post gaming at your house... we won't hit the tequilla I swear

Lifer

I'm down for DD and/or Clough this weekend.

I'd be down for Clough Sunday provided the weather looks good.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

I'm down for DD and/or Clough this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    I'd be down for Clough Sunday provided the weather looks good.
    DD sat and Clough Sun?

If I get the bike up and running I may hit DD on Friday too get warmed up for the weekend.

A'ight, I'm down for New Durham (Devil's Den) Saturday then. What time you thinkin'? Besides wanting it to warm up a bit, I'm gonna try to sneak in a morning hunt out at the property first. Probably afterward too...

A'ight, I'm down for New Durham (Devil's Den) Saturday then. What time you thinkin'? Besides wanting it to warm up a bit, I'm gonna try to sneak in a morning hunt out at the property first. Probably afterward too...
    We're hardcore yo. We ride AM to PM like badass mofo's.

aka - we ride from 9 or 10 am till 3 or 4 pm. I get sketch celly service out there but we can plan a time to hit the parking lot again - we usually run loops and circle back to the parking area fairly regularly. Which spot are you parking? The one past the old sandpit track or the one on the dirt rd by the church? (I don't actually know where that parking lot is I just know that as the other entrance aka escape from back in the day of bonfires and offroading through the trails when the cops came to bust it up.)

Sidenote: Bike is almost fixed - huge shoutout to Sheppo got it back running now I just gotta flush out the rest of the ghosts and I'll be ready to rip.

Sidenote: Bike is almost fixed - huge shoutout to Sheppo got it back running now I just gotta flush out the rest of the ghosts and I'll be ready to rip.

2004 Honda VTR
    1990 Honda CB-1
    1973 Yamaha RD350

We're hardcore yo. We ride AM to PM like badass mofo's.

aka - we ride from 9 or 10 am till 3 or 4 pm. I get sketch celly service out there but we can plan a time to hit the parking lot again - we usually run loops and circle back to the parking area fairly regularly. Which spot are you parking? The one past the old sandpit track or the one on the dirt rd by the church? (I don't actually know where that parking lot is I just know that as the other entrance aka escape from back in the day of bonfires and offroading through the trails when the cops came to bust it up.)

I'll most likely go in the 'second' entrance - via Rines Rd. That's the parking area beyond the old wooden bridge, just past Beaver Brook Wildlife Area and the old Alton Brush Pit...

*IF* I go hunting first, I'll have the Rappy with me so I can go from my property to riding...

Apparently some assholes were out there trying to pull out the gates recently. The landowners wanted the ATV club to install them to keep the yahoos outta there with their trucks...

I'll most likely go in the 'second' entrance - via Rines Rd. That's the parking area beyond the old wooden bridge, just past Beaver Brook Wildlife Area and the old Alton Brush Pit...

*IF* I go hunting first, I'll have the Rappy with me so I can go from my property to riding...

Apparently some assholes were out there trying to pull out the gates recently. The landowners wanted the ATV club to install them to keep the yahoos outta there with their trucks...
    That's the one I know - got yelled at for riding my horse through that Beaver Brook area lol.

Which gates? the ones on the bridge? Or did they install some further down? The only gates I remember were in the active logging area and a couple in private property stretches.

That's the one I know - got yelled at for riding my horse through that Beaver Brook area lol.

Which gates? the ones on the bridge? Or did they install some further down? The only gates I remember were in the active logging area and a couple in private property stretches.
    Wow! I guess it's been a while since you've been out there. A few years ago, the property owners requested that gates be installed at the heads of the Caverly Mt / Devil's Den trails to keep the trucks out. It's been a struggle to keep up with the assholes that cut the chains and/or try to destroy the gates. Maybe someday these same assholes doing this will own their own property that they hafta fight to keep from being defaced...

I'm out for Sunday, open for Saturday. Flight lesson got rescheduled due to weather to Sunday. Don't do Clough sunday just on my behalf.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast