Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50

First hare scramble ... on an XT225

  1. #26
    Lifer typeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central MA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,027
    iTrader Score
    7 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225


    hahaa, that's awesome

    and i remember you mentioning the doppelgänger ... so freeky ... this might explain the repeated dreams i have working the mills as a burlap clad teen in the late 1700's. WTF.

    0 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

  2. #27
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,761
    iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    My people’s reply:
    Yo, CATRA is awesome but far. Mohawk will be good. Barnes and wood chopper are good and pretty close. Heard rock crusher is good, but I’ve never raced there. Tuxedo sux. Satan’s sux. There are a couple new ones on the schedule this year that I’m not sure of.

    2 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM LRRS 560x retired, PSTR 317 B-vet, NETRA enduro B-vet

    The Nebulas: surf. Instrumental, gnarly surf.

  3. #28
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    15,162
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    Fish House, NY eh? Maybe we can roll RADA into this.. Obstacle for me will be it's May, early in the year.
    Mohawk may be a nice compromise on all counts.
    Hopefully my homestead situation is no longer on the loose by then.

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #29
    Lifer loudbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth MA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,711
    iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    I've been to Field and Forest *many* times in my old jeep. I was only a street moto dude back then but those trails were fucking gnarly in a 4x4. I was on 40" competition sticky tires with locked 1 ton axles and had troubles getting through spots there. I imagine picking your way through on a dirty bike is much easier. They have a sweet campground there too, I could be tempted to haul my smoker up and make a time of it.

    Routine: show up early, light smoker, dirty dirty all day, finish up and eat delicious meats followed by passing out in my tent in a glorious mix of tired, over fed, and drunk.

    0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

  5. #30
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,761
    iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    I've been to Field and Forest *many* times in my old jeep. I was only a street moto dude back then but those trails were fucking gnarly in a 4x4. I was on 40" competition sticky tires with locked 1 ton axles and had troubles getting through spots there. I imagine picking your way through on a dirty bike is much easier. They have a sweet campground there too, I could be tempted to haul my smoker up and make a time of it.

    Routine: show up early, light smoker, dirty dirty all day, finish up and eat delicious meats followed by passing out in my tent in a glorious mix of tired, over fed, and drunk.
    So yeah, boob and Liza have taken that place over. There’s a short single track loop(s) on the property that boobs blazed.
    Those keep trails are ridiculous. I’d reckon lots of them are more trials bike terrain than dirty.
    Anyhow: I don’t think they’ve changed the event style at all. What you’ve said sounds like the regular schedule.
    There’s a bbq shack a few miles down the road they’ve gotten to cater it the past two years. Good eats
    Duncan, you been to the Carolina place in Cranston yet??

    0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM LRRS 560x retired, PSTR 317 B-vet, NETRA enduro B-vet

    The Nebulas: surf. Instrumental, gnarly surf.

  6. #31
    Lifer loudbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth MA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,711
    iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    So yeah, boob and Liza have taken that place over. There’s a short single track loop(s) on the property that boobs blazed.
    Those keep trails are ridiculous. I’d reckon lots of them are more trials bike terrain than dirty.
    Anyhow: I don’t think they’ve changed the event style at all. What you’ve said sounds like the regular schedule.
    There’s a bbq shack a few miles down the road they’ve gotten to cater it the past two years. Good eats
    Duncan, you been to the Carolina place in Cranston yet??
    Yep, my last year jeeping was Bob and Liza’s first year owning the place. Haven’t been to Cranston yet, if you feel like heading over on one of your off weekdays for lunch I’ll be happy to meet you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

  7. #32
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,761
    iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Yep, my last year jeeping was Bob and Liza’s first year owning the place. Haven’t been to Cranston yet, if you feel like heading over on one of your off weekdays for lunch I’ll be happy to meet you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the young Ripper and I might venture that way Friday, depending on what kind of news I get from Noll, the guitar surgeons. I'll sext you if so.

    1 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM LRRS 560x retired, PSTR 317 B-vet, NETRA enduro B-vet

    The Nebulas: surf. Instrumental, gnarly surf.

  8. #33
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9,588
    iTrader Score
    3 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Fish House, NY eh? Maybe we can roll RADA into this.. Obstacle for me will be it's May, early in the year.
    Mohawk may be a nice compromise on all counts.
    Hopefully my homestead situation is no longer on the loose by then.
    I raced fish House back in the day. That place was awesome. Elevation change was cray. Field they used for parking was awesome.

    0 Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS #316 ECK Racing GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | OnTrack Media

    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  9. #34
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    12,690
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    I raced fish House back in the day. That place was awesome. Elevation change was cray. Field they used for parking was awesome.
    Back in what day? like 5 years ago?

    0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


  10. #35
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9,588
    iTrader Score
    3 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Back in what day? like 5 years ago?
    Actually it was about 12 years ago.

    0 Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS #316 ECK Racing GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | OnTrack Media

    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  11. #36
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,761
    iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    as a peewee?

    0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM LRRS 560x retired, PSTR 317 B-vet, NETRA enduro B-vet

    The Nebulas: surf. Instrumental, gnarly surf.

  12. #37
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9,588
    iTrader Score
    3 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    as a peewee?
    C200 on a RM125. Y'all are ruthless.

    0 Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS #316 ECK Racing GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | OnTrack Media

    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  13. #38
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    15,162
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    12 years ago?! So did you lie about your age or something?

    0 Not allowed!

  14. #39
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol County
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,528
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    I wanted to get to either an enduro or scramble end of last season, but didn't work out that way. Watching the video was almost a little taunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Tuxedo sux. Satan’s sux.
    Mud pits? Boring terrain? Doubt I'd be going to either since there's several closer options to me anyway. I guess I'm just curious.

    0 Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

  15. #40
    Lifer typeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central MA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,027
    iTrader Score
    7 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    Quote Originally Posted by theducman View Post
    The one I have for sale on here was great in the event I did. It was up a ski slope and was mostly single track. I left the mirrors on too. Other rides loved it...... as they passed me lol
    missed this post... was that that the NETRA event in Blanford? looked like a great course, wanted to hit that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    I wanted to get to either an enduro or scramble end of last season, but didn't work out that way. Watching the video was almost a little taunting.

    Mud pits? Boring terrain? Doubt I'd be going to either since there's several closer options to me anyway. I guess I'm just curious.
    i read Satan's was awesome but i think a rock fest (?) EDIT: here's the track preivew from last season ... i know it was hot as balls that wknd

    1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by typeone; 01-10-18 at 12:14 PM.
    Beta 250RR

  16. #41
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,761
    iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    I wanted to get to either an enduro or scramble end of last season, but didn't work out that way. Watching the video was almost a little taunting.

    Mud pits? Boring terrain? Doubt I'd be going to either since there's several closer options to me anyway. I guess I'm just curious.
    not sure, that's copy/paste from my local homie. There's gotta be yootoobs of each of those courses.

    0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM LRRS 560x retired, PSTR 317 B-vet, NETRA enduro B-vet

    The Nebulas: surf. Instrumental, gnarly surf.

  17. #42
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9,588
    iTrader Score
    3 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    12 years ago?! So did you lie about your age or something?
    Nope. Raced there when I was 15.

    0 Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS #316 ECK Racing GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | OnTrack Media

    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  18. #43
    ^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,957
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Nope. Raced there when I was 15.
    ok so your math sucks...........your profile under your screen name when you post says you are 26 years old. 12 years ago you would have been 14 and yet you say you raced there when you were 15. Thought you machinist types were good with math.

    0 Not allowed!
    LRRS NV #300

  19. #44
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9,588
    iTrader Score
    3 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    ok so your math sucks...........your profile under your screen name when you post says you are 26 years old. 12 years ago you would have been 14 and yet you say you raced there when you were 15. Thought you machinist types were good with math.
    I was rounding for age.

    1 Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS #316 ECK Racing GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | OnTrack Media

    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  20. #45
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol County
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,528
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    not sure, that's copy/paste from my local homie. There's gotta be yootoobs of each of those courses.
    Oops, missed that was copy-paste. That explains how you morphed from 'I don’t hare scramble' Youtubes can tell you some, but it's funny how you can never really capture the feel of a trail. I've seen bits that I rode and knew where choppy or interesting that presented as smooth and boring.

    I learned yesterday that NASA Rally Sport events allow motorcycles. Info seems kinda sparse - but gist is a weekend rally? Probably good for anyone who wants to scratch the Baja/Dakar wide-open itch without flying somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Nope. Raced there when I was 15.
    I think I speak for everyone in saying we're gonna need some dates to determine if you're rounding correctly.

    1 Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

  21. #46
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,761
    iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    You want a date? He does look good in heels.

    0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM LRRS 560x retired, PSTR 317 B-vet, NETRA enduro B-vet

    The Nebulas: surf. Instrumental, gnarly surf.

  22. #47
    Lifer loudbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth MA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,711
    iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    PM me for pics of preteen being violated by a large arctic flightless bird.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

  23. #48
    Senior Member MHenry600's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Concord NH
    Age
    29
    Posts
    472
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    I learned yesterday that NASA Rally Sport events allow motorcycles. Info seems kinda sparse - but gist is a weekend rally? Probably good for anyone who wants to scratch the Baja/Dakar wide-open itch without flying somewhere.
    Rule book says 4 stroke only.... no 2 smokers. Just a heads up for anyone looking into it....

    It's called "RallyMoto", and is run in combination with the NASA Stage Rally events. The closest one is probably Black River Stages out in NY late in the year. It's all crammed into one long day. Another one is Sandblast Rally, down in SC. Not that many events around.

    Rules and Regulations | NASA Rally Sport

    0 Not allowed!

  24. #49
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    8,962
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    that video was hilarious

    I thought he was holding a good clip...til I saw the other smokers zip past on the pipe

    0 Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    2007 Suzuki DL650
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke
    instagram/snapchat @cali2smoke

  25. #50
    Lifer typeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central MA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,027
    iTrader Score
    7 (100%)

    Re: First hare scramble ... on an XT225

    i guess it's becoming a thing ... the YT keeps delivering me 'my first hare scramble' vids ... this one came on the other night. i've raced Indiantown before, our local practice spot was ~20min south.

    weird to see gray sand, palms and NO ROCKS.


    1 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •