Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

I hate the magic button

Angry I hate the magic button

Kinda sucks when you're a mile from home, all alone riding and suddenly your battery doesn't have enough juice to turn the motor over fast enough to start I was messing around on a small pond across from my house today, it's kinda down in a little valley, when i figured i'd let the engine cool down for a bit after blowing figure8s for 15 minutes The electric fan stayed running for a little bit after i shut it off and i didin't think nothing of it. Whelp, i knew as soon as i hit the button it wasn't going to start Yeah so here i am trying to push a 350lb quad up a hill in 6" of snow, let me tell ya, it wasn't a pretty site It took an hour to get it out of the valley and back into the sandpit. Did i mention there is no kickstart backup? Yet anyways, that's gonna change real soon... I had to push it up another hill just so i could go back down the hill in hopes that it will popstart. Not wanting to take any chances in having it not start, i used 3rd gear to pop start it and lucky, it started first try
    Just when i was getting confident thinking it was the perfect quad, i find a flaw i don't like. E-start with no backup starting system for and off road toy sucks. Oh well, just have to get the kickstart kit for it from GYT-R

I was starting to have some fun on a nice ice circle track on that little pond tho I think i lost half the screw studs tho and the ones that are still there are pretty rounded off

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

....................... PinHead's Avatar

I hate the magic button

hehe
    I now have a rolling chasis and a motor is the other room. The jetting was wayyyyy off so there is one thing that needs to get done first. And it is starting to look the the clean I like. I dont have a battery either

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

....................... PinHead's Avatar

I hate the magic button

I think a couple of weeks should do it. Some parts I wanted and or needed went on order today. After those things are done I need the registration and tires. Think I might get the RAZR tires, I have only heard good things about them.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

I hate the magic button

You're not gonna like the RAZR tires for trail riding, the knobs are to close together and clog up in wet muddy conditions (about 95% of the time), they're more a MX type tire Pure Sports Bandits are the best all around tire IMO if you want after market stuff. Personally, i'd be searching ebay for some stock raptor or yfz450 tires and rims, they worked awesome on my banshee

Yamaha

I hate the magic button

I dropped err off at the dealer today for a checkup Don't know how true it is but i guess the charging system on the bike isn't designed to "charge" the battery, moreso to "maintain" the charge if that makes any sence? They also told me trickle charging (had one on it for 2 days) some of the new batteries isn't effective, and you need 10amp charge for 4-5 hours if the battery is low I'm still gonna order up the GYT-R kickstart kit just for backup..

Yamaha

I hate the magic button

Got my quad back today, i guess they said they just charged the battery and everything tested ok

Yamaha

I hate the magic button

Ordered up the GYT-R kicker kit today

Yamaha

I hate the magic button

It comes as a kit but the bike is basically set up for it from the factory seeings how it's the same basic platform as the YZ/WR 450 motor. The hole is already in the side cover, just gotta remove the rubber plug when the side cover is off, slide in the kicker gears and unit, put the side cover back, put the kicker lever on and you're done. well, maybe a little plastic trim to but nothing major. I'm actually keeping the E-start and the battery on it, just want the kicker for backup as i don't feel like getting stuck in the trails

Yamaha

I hate the magic button

here's a before picture, showing where the kick starter goes, it's the round black plug. When i get the kit and install it, i'll show a after picture

Yamaha

I hate the magic button

Pssst! Mister New DigiCam, check that date settting on the thang.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

I hate the magic button

What, it's only 1 number off

Originally posted by ChR1s
    Pssst! Mister New DigiCam, check that date settting on the thang.

Yamaha

I hate the magic button

Oh boy, some parts came in today I'm afraid, very afraid to install this shit myself Pretty cool looking kicker tho

Yamaha

I hate the magic button

If you want a hand with that Mark, I've seen the inside of those stupid 4-stroke motors WAY too many times....

I hate the magic button

Cool, thanks Joel, i may have to take you up on that offer in a coupla weeks It came with instructions but i don't think they're in english

Yamaha