Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

RIOHVA meeting 11/20/05

RIOHVA meeting 11/20/05

The Rhode Island Off Highway Vehicle Association would like to invite you to attend our first Anniversary meeting. It will take place at: Stepping Stone Ranch, West Greenwich, RI on Sunday November 20th from 10am to 2pm.
    Please make every effort to attend this fun and exciting meeting. Here’s what’s happening:

Easy on-site membership renewal.

Free members-only RIOHVA T-shirt.

Learn about our goals for this coming year.

Trail ride on 80 acres.

So, bring your dirt bike, quad, or 4X4 truck and spend some time trail riding in one of the most beautiful areas of Rhode Island. Please bring the proper safety equipment. Sorry, NO LOUD BIKES OR QUADS. Event will be held rain or shine. $5 parking fee required.

Please invite your friends, neighbors and fellow OHV enthusiasts to become members and help us achieve our goals. We are 100 members strong and growing every day!
    Remember, “United Voices Have More Choices”!

Bob Pacheco
    RIOHVA Treasurer

You can join the day of the event and the price is only $10 per year. Please don't show up just to ride, buy the membership and support the cause

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

RIOHVA meeting 11/20/05

I should be there. I will give you a call.

Later
    G-man

Gerard

Re: RIOHVA meeting 11/20/05

Originally posted by R7
    , NO LOUD BIKES OR QUADS.
    So that means no two strokes?

Current Toys:

2005 Nissan Titan CC

Re: Re: RIOHVA meeting 11/20/05

Originally posted by Ecooke21
    So that means no two strokes?
    2-strokes I'm sure would be fine as long as the silencers packing isn't all blown out making it very loud. The noise issues today seem to be directed to the big thumpers, most MX thumpers are very loud from the factory.

Yamaha

RIOHVA meeting 11/20/05

Are you going to this?

Wayne-o

Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

Fear is the incubated subjective perception of the inevitable.

RIOHVA meeting 11/20/05

Originally posted by FireNutzRR
    Are you going to this?

Wayne-o
    Why yes I am
    I'll proabbly quad it though as a couple of friends are going with offroad only toys. It is close to PSF though

Yamaha

RIOHVA meeting 11/20/05

I plan on being there for 10am. If anyone wants to go, i'll be passing by Little Country Pizza at the intersection of 3 and 165 in Exeter about 9:45am, I can stop there and wait for anyone that wants to tag along. Red GMC pickup with a quad in the back and possibly towing a big red trailer

Yamaha

RIOHVA meeting 11/20/05

There was a HUGE turnout today for this event, rumor had it there were 200+ new member signups today alone

Also by the sounds of things, we could see legal public riding areas sometime in the near future in Rhode Island
    The next quarterly meeting will be in Febuary.

The ride part was OK, not that I went there for the ride but it was a added bonus to the day. They had cut a nice 4 mile loop through the rocks and mud, it is private property though and this was a one time deal.. or maybe a quarterly ride thing when there is a meeting. As you can imagine though, 250+ people all eager to ride, riding the loop was like a choo choo train and despite the RIOHVA president saying several times before the ride to stay on the trail and respect the land, the dirtbikers didn't think they felt the need to stay in the train and figured it'd be best to make their own trails. It's a shame

Yamaha

RIOHVA meeting 11/20/05

Just use the word ride instead of work and you'll always get a bunch of "concerned riders" to show.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

RIOHVA meeting 11/20/05

Originally posted by ChR1s
    Just use the word ride instead of work and you'll always get a bunch of "concerned riders" to show.
    Over double the amount of people showed for this than was expected, work/ride, whatever the cause, it got people there which is what their goal was.

The western Mass bike clubs need to work with the quad guys and not turn their backs on them and talk how bad they are behind their backs, they're not idiots. Would you go to a work party knowing the people you're there helping don't like you and don't want you riding there, not to mention are fighting for dirtbike only riding in the area (Tolland)? Didn't think so

Yamaha

RIOHVA meeting 11/20/05

Originally posted by R7
    The western Mass bike clubs need to work with the quad guys and not turn their backs on them and talk how bad they are behind their backs, they're not idiots. Would you go to a work party knowing the people you're there helping don't like you and don't want you riding there, not to mention are fighting for dirtbike only riding in the area (Tolland)? Didn't think so
    The "Berkshire Trails Council" in W.Mass. is comprised of representatives from both bike AND ATV clubs. If it weren't for ALL riders' actions, there wouldn't have been much chance of any forests in Massachusetts being reopened to ORV use -- they were closed before, and they can be closed again. Case in point, Savoy S.F. being closed as of this season. Every work party I've attended has had a contingent of quad riders present, so they're good for something.

From the DCR website:

Western Massachusetts
    DCR has opened these forests to ORV use in partnership with the Berkshire Trails Council, which has agreed to assist with the management and maintenance of ORV trails.

Southeast Massachusetts
    DCR has opened these forests to ORV use in partnership with the Pilgrim Sands Trail Riders and King Philip Trail Riders, who have agreed to assist with the management and maintenance of ORV trails.

Northeast Massachusetts
    DCR has opened these forests to ORV use in partnership with the Minuteman Trail Riders, who have agreed to assist with the management and maintenance of ORV trails.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

RIOHVA meeting 11/20/05

Every work party I've attended has had a contingent of quad riders present, so they're good for something.
    So they're good for something? Point taken

Would you go to a work party knowing the people you're there helping don't like you and don't want you riding there,

Yamaha