Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Help make it easier to register dual sport bikes in MA.

Help make it easier to register dual sport bikes in MA.

So as an update to my and Ken's whole saga trying to fix part of the application process for OHV stickers for dual sport bikes. We got language included in the MA state budget passed by the senate. The house still needs to pass that budget, and it needs to include line SECTION 77A. "Notwithstanding any general or special law to the contrary, the division of law enforcement shall, for an application for registration of a snow vehicle or a recreation vehicle, accept as proof of sales tax paid, a valid registration certificate issued by the registrar of motor vehicles.” People that live in MA can call their state congressmen or send them an email. It can just say "please be sure to include section 77A in the budget as introduced by Senator Rosenberg" or something like that. I am, totally, shocked that I fought this up to this level. If you do not know, registering a dual sport in MA now requires a hard to get form from the MA department of revenue, but they already issue us a registration that shows tax paid. The DEP do not currently accept that. This amendment seeks to fix that.

Find a Legislator

Please send an email to your state congressman to make it easier to register dual sport bikes if you live in MA.

Dear Congressman (name)

Please be sure to include section 77A in the budget as introduced by Senator Rosenberg. It is worded "Notwithstanding any general or special law to the contrary, the division of law enforcement shall, for an application for registration of a snow vehicle or a recreation vehicle, accept as proof of sales tax paid, a valid registration certificate issued by the registrar of motor vehicles.” This will help motorcyclists abide by the law when riding off road in Massachusetts.

Thanks

(your name)
    (town you live in)

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Me: "Normal people wouldn't do this."
    Peter: "First you have to operationalize with normal is."

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Re: Help make it easier to register dual sport bikes in MA.

Thank you for doing this, I sent letters to all 3 of my reps w/ your language.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

CCS/LRRS #83

Re: Help make it easier to register dual sport bikes in MA.

You shouldn't need an OHV sticker for a bike that's already registered with a street registration to ride in the dirt roads... Just sayin'... Didn't someone in Boston already have a protest for this double-taxation thingie? Do cars need another registration stickers to ride on dirt roads??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!