Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hodges - Open?

Re: Hodges - Open?

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    have you been twice now? what did you think? have fun? what trails did you hit?

i'm almost out of my funk, prob see you out there soon.
    Yep, I've been twice now. I'm still really really slow, but I'm twice as fast as when I started! I got there about 9am on Saturday and had about an hour to myself before people started showing up. Ended up tagging a long with a non-NESR guy named Chris who had a newer KTM 300, and he showed me some of the trails I hadn't seen before.

I'm really, really liking it so far. The easy side is still difficult for me -- I haven't been to the harder side yet -- but I'm getting faster (relatively speaking!) on the bike and more confident. I'd like to try Franklin at some point, but Hodges is about an hour from me door-to-door so it's really not bad.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Re: Hodges - Open?

awesome! glad you had fun, i love riding there. the lower side (left of road looking at yellow gate) has plenty of variation to practice on. as you gain skill you can take on some of the harder trails out towards the middle and back section by the dike. good shorter sections with roots and rocks but once you're through it mellows again.

dont be afraid to sample the lower stuff on the other side of the road (right of road looking at yellow gate), there are two trails that are novice level and fun.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12