Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hodges/Oxford 6-7-09 pics

Re: Hodges/Oxford 6-7-09 pics

Later in the day on Saturday is a possibility for me also. Are the horses going to be on our side of the river? That place is divided by the river, the side with orange trails is for bikes and the other side (I think the markings are purple) is for horses, hikers, mtn bikes.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Just Registered The Crashing Tomato's Avatar

like anyone really pays any attention to those markings ....... wait ...what? there are markings on the trails ..... ooops

Sat was my first time there and I was following a leader of sorts who said something about not really being allowed in some areas buuuuuut how he kinda knew and kinda didn't know ... know what I'm sayyin?

---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

chances are you didnt cross the river, unless you went over a legit bridge (not a single lane wooden one). most of the good trails are on the correct side of the river anyways, so i wouldnt worry about. it just sucks when you get horses everywhere on OUR side of the river. they really dont like dirtbikes...

Last edited by Catach; 06-08-09 at 02:26 PM.

I'm out this SAT (shit).
    May just hit Rutland on Sun, anyone?

Carlton
    My facebook

funny I was thinking that three stringer 2x6 planker was a legit bridge!

Catach can u go after work on Wednesday?? round 4- 5 - 6 O'clk

The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

wish I could but I actually reside in Boston and my bike lives in Leicester so its weekends only for me.

Hmmmm I live near your bike in Leicester (pine st)...... maybe I could bring it to Oxford for you and it could tell you how awesome the riding was without you

Nahhh just kidding me and the 450 can wait till Saturday

The rule is:

Quote Originally Posted by The Crashing Tomato View Post
    like anyone really pays any attention to those markings ....... wait ...what? there are markings on the trails ..... ooops

Sat was my first time there and I was following a leader of sorts who said something about not really being allowed in some areas buuuuuut how he kinda knew and kinda didn't know ... know what I'm sayyin?
    For all the mountain bikers that ride in there, please stay where you belong. As much as I love dirtbikes, they really really beat up trails. What you may not notice on a dirt bike is very noticable on a mountain bike.

Please and thank you, respect the trails so we all don't lose more places to ride.

Hmmmm I live near your bike in Leicester (pine st)...... maybe I could bring it to Oxford for you and it could tell you how awesome the riding was without you

Nahhh just kidding me and the 450 can wait till Saturday
    Pine st, no shit. My old man and my bike live off greenville st. There are some trails very near your house ya know. I dont love the trails up there but they make a good quick rip. The biggest problem with them is that they dont loop, so if you go ride for an hr, you are an hr from home.

Quote Originally Posted by kb1ioq View Post
    For all the mountain bikers that ride in there, please stay where you belong. As much as I love dirtbikes, they really really beat up trails. What you may not notice on a dirt bike is very noticable on a mountain bike.

Please and thank you, respect the trails so we all don't lose more places to ride.
    Interesting, never thought of mountain bikers as being affected by that. I see alot of mountain bikes on the dirty bike trails too, but obviously they have zero negative effect on me.

Yup Catach the old snowmobile trails run across my land and I like you know can ride out but no loops or I can cross pine st and ride out to the river towards the golf course except I have not found a bridge YET. I had a quad before the 450 and it was slow but fun .... now with the 450 I run out of funness realfaaast.

Kb1qoi4dc3.p.o. ...... sorry for trying to make a joke out of a serious matter. I aknowledged the markers. rode slow when approaching other riders and didn't rip the trails like some of the youngens do. I followed a guy / kid through there and would be bummed if this place was shut down. there are trail maps available for anyone that doesn't know what is what ... but they are at the kiosk near the skate park / tennis courts not where the pics show in this thread.

Protect our riding areas. Use only those trails marked for your particular vehicle (horse, mtn bike, dirty dike)

That better KB1c.3p.o. :

ps I use to mtn bike in my early 20's the trails out here in central ma are some of the most varied and interesting around NEngland so I actually do hear ya Kb1c3po

Last edited by The Crashing Tomato; 06-08-09 at 03:44 PM.
    The rule is:

It's not even a big deal if guys just ride through from time to time, it's when you're blowing through corners and washing out the climbs with wheel spin that really hurts the trails. Was not trying to get on anyone's bad side with it, but I know the people who manage that park, and there have been talks of eliminating dirt bikes AND mountain bikes due to errosion issues and such.

The same stuff comes up for mountain bikes as well, just to a lesser extent obviously due to the decreased weight/power. And yes you will see mountain bikers on the dirt bike trails from time to time, I and all the guys I ride with know that when we are over there we need to be careful and give the right away to the dirt bikes.

Just want the trails to remain there for everyone to enjoy

Yup Catach the old snowmobile trails run across my land and I like you know can ride out but no loops or I can cross pine st and ride out to the river towards the golf course except I have not found a bridge YET. I had a quad before the 450 and it was slow but fun .... now with the 450 I run out of funness realfaaast.
    Small world. I will be home around 1-2pm on Saturday, maybe I ride over to your house and we can go to Hodges

Quote Originally Posted by Catach View Post
    Small world. I will be home around 1-2pm on Saturday, maybe I ride over to your house and we can go to Hodges
    hhmmm. i'll be watching this. i did want to go to the track to watch some racing as i've missed the past couple weekends, but should those plans fall through.... i could be down to ride. never met tomato or catach, but i'm pretty sure i could throw a rock to either of your houses. i'm in the valley.

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Deff have to go to Hodges / Greenbriar as the chainsaw and me haven't become intimate yet this spring. The ice storm made most of the trails passable only on foot and I find it difficult to jump a downed tree that tops at 4 feet above forest floor ... I could prolly pop a 3 footer but those 4 footers scare me some. sumtin bout that rear tire buckng over the log and me going sailing off the bike .......

anyone else up for Sat ride down in Oxford

sorry Carlton ...Oxford 10 mins from my house ... Rutland 40 mins hmmmmm

The rule is:

Tomato, do you have a street plate for the CRF?

Yamaha

mark I wish .... have all the right stuff attached to the bike just never reggied it ..... have a yellow plate ..... otherwise i'd be riding with you more and more

The rule is:

I didn't realize you lived that close? I'm only 30-40 minutes or so from Oxford, at least exit 4 off 395 anyways.
    Pachaug Ct has an amazing enduro loop, 60 miles but you need a street plate.

Let me talk to a friend I was going riding with this Saturday, maybe I can talk him into checking out Oxford?

Yamaha

Schweeeeeeeet

The rule is:

matt, thats cool. Next time. Not in the classic this weekend?

Carlton
    My facebook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12