Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Anyone got an old honda fl250 odyssey?

Lifer

Anyone got an old honda fl250 odyssey?

Im thinking about picking one up and would like some opinions. Itll mostly be used on rough fire roads and wooded trails. Are these even good in areas like that? Is it a safe bet to say they can go any were a decent sized quad can go or are most areas like that too much for it to handle? hows the power with an adult in them? Im not looking for crazy power but i dont wanna be fighting for power all the time too.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Anyone got an old honda fl250 odyssey?

You'll have a blast. If you can find one with a straight frame (that hasn't been crashed into too many trees) and runs well, I'd grab it. They are a hoot to whip around it.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

they're super fun, i had an '83. pull-start 250 2T, CVT trans. they are wide so fireroads and powerline roads are perfect. anything narrow and you'll just get frustrated. no reverse.

the older ones have a little front suspension but only ballon tires out back so jumping one gets interesting unless you're in soft sand.

use the wrist straps and dont reach out of the cage when you flip it!

Beta 200RR

I remember they used to race the FL250 on those Battle of the Network Stars TV specials. IIRC the FL350 had reverse and was more performance oriented with suspension. Then there was the FL400 Pilot. Funny how the Pilot became an SUV and the Odyssey became a minivan. Just saw a forum on these and there was a kit to put a CR500 engine in the pilot. That would be some fun.

Last edited by backinthesaddle; 10-31-11 at 09:27 AM.
    2013 ZX6R-636

yup, the later models had larger motors, full suspension and reverse was added. big step forward.

anyone remember when Action Park (aka Accident Park) in NJ had an Odyssey course? they were FL350s. didn't last long.

Beta 200RR

I remember a couple guys with the 250 in the woods. The thing was having trouble warming up so one guy was lifting the back wheels off the ground while the other guy was revving it up.

2013 ZX6R-636

Lifer

Im still trying to decide if i should take the plunge on one. Ive found a couple decent ones for the right price but im not sure if ill actually use it. Ive got some fire roads and decent trails but most of the good riding is just wide enough for a 4 wheeler that can manuever. I have a feeling ill hate it when the going gets tight or rough. I may just go with another trike. decisions, decisions.

i'd skip it then. that's why i got rid of mine, not maneuverable enough. they're more for desert or open space riding. i was living in Florida at the time, riding open powerlines but it was still too big at times.

3-wheelers are a blast. i hadnt ridden one in years until my neighbor popped over with an old Honda 125M. i was laughing my ass off ripping around the yard. made me want to score a sweet 350X or something!

Beta 200RR