Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Husaberg FE 390?

Re: Husaberg FE 390?

If you go into Armand's, beat em up even more. AJ, the owner (Armand jr), is a slime ball. And then find someplace better to bring the thing if it ever needs any real work.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

i wasn't going to say anything think i mentioned before on here i didn't have a very good experience with them and a few others chimed in to say they were OK.

figured it was just me, maybe not. heh.

Beta 200RR

Got the 449, now I'm stuck on 495 north. They shut down the highway.

I ended up getting the bike at Armands, it's the 2011 te449. They were asking $6600, I got the bike for $6150. They were pretty good to deal with, I can't complain about much. I rode the bike about .1 miles, then put it in the kitchen. It's much less ugly in person, still ugly though. My plan is to try to get the suspension up to FC, get aRekluse, and put some guards on before the spring.

Your cat is like WTF? haha
    Congrats on the new ride. If you want to get it dirty this weekend, I think a few may be riding at my house Saturday

yep, I heard I-495 was closed for an accident..because I was stuck on I-95 south which was also closed because of an accident. 2 1/2 hours to get get home today

Yamaha

Enjoy the scoot.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Dayum! Congrats.

Paul_E_D

that ain't no ugly bike congrats! i want one

Beta 200RR

Wow! You are going to love it! Just don't twist that thing on the right too far.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Lifer

That is definitely a unique looking bike! I like it. How much does it weigh? I really like that it comes with all of the street legal stuff all set to go. There are not many "dirt bikes" that come set up like that. There seemed to be a few years when KTM was really pushing the envelope, along the Dual-Sport lines, but they seem to have dialed back that effort, as fewer of their machines come set up that way for 2012.
    While at Valley Motorsports a few weeks ago, all they had (that was equipped with blinkers) was the new 500 KTM. The price was $9,995!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Yeah, shy away from it if that's the case. FI and dirt bikes is a solution to a problem that didn't exist. I'm not really sure why anyone would want it...
    I recently rode a 2012 250F MX bike with FI and a 2012 250F MX bike without FI. Back to back. I'll tell you what, the FI bike was fucking awesome in comparison. Throttle response was so damn snappy. I'm sold.

Congrats on purchase burnham. Tundra is still going strong! 160,000 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    That is definitely a unique looking bike! I like it. How much does it weigh? I really like that it comes with all of the street legal stuff all set to go. There are not many "dirt bikes" that come set up like that. There seemed to be a few years when KTM was really pushing the envelope, along the Dual-Sport lines, but they seem to have dialed back that effort, as fewer of their machines come set up that way for 2012.
    While at Valley Motorsports a few weeks ago, all they had (that was equipped with blinkers) was the new 500 KTM. The price was $9,995!!!
    Not really sure what it weighs, doesn't feel too heavy, doesn't feel as light as my 300EXC either. I bet it's around 260lbs wet, but I could be way off.

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    Congrats on purchase burnham. Tundra is still going strong! 160,000 miles.
    Thanks man. I'm glad to know the Tundra is holding up well.

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    I'll tell you what, the FI bike was fucking awesome in comparison. Throttle response was so damn snappy. I'm sold.
    These are my thoughts as well, though it seemed pointless to say to the dihard carb crowd

Though my experiance has been with quads, it's the same basic idea. The FI 450R I just sold had the best throttle response of any one I have ever ridden, and the 700 efi is going on 6 years without a single EFI issue..and I can tune it in less than a minute

Yamaha

Wow, my KTM must suck then, cause it's the same or worse than a carb, and is a royal pain to tune... It's not exactly an MX bike tho...

Paul_E_D

I took the Husky for a 45 mile street ride to break in the enging a little. I came home after that and installed the "power-up kit" which consits of a plug w/a wire jumper. I went out for another 10 miles to test it out. It made a huge difference.
    The bike is a fucking hoot to ride on the street. It feels pretty light once you're moving. The neutral indicator stopped working around the .5 mile mark. It did stall when I was slowing down a few times, seemed to get better when I put the power-up jumper in. The brakes are awesome. The bike feels a little bagless, I'm going to remove the restrictor from the air filter, as well as change the muffler and add a JD programmer. I've read those are the things the bike "wants" to have done and had planned on doing that work when I made the descision to buy the bike. I didn't get into the dirt as I'm still planning on tearing the bike down to send out the suspension and grease/waterproof everything I can. I'll probably put another 50 miles on before I change the oil. All things considered I'm very happy so far.

Cool. There's definitely a learning curve with those fi huskies. My buddy used to flame out his te450 a bunch when he first got it, at low rpms. Not so much now.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

nice. looking forward to hearing more reports

on the Rekluse, not sure if you got a response over on CH but i dont think development is complete for this bike yet. could have sworn i read late fall/winter of '11 but i'd have to dig for the thread it was mentioned in, read it over the summer some time.

Beta 200RR

I put on a FMF megabomb header and a muffler, as well as the JD 6x tuner. I've taken it out a couple times on the street, the bike feels pretty quick now. I rode it today on the powerlines and down some trails, I'm not sure about the bike. Maybe it's just the fact that I'm used to how light my KTM is, but the Husky feels pretty heavy. I'm not sure if I'll go ahead and set it up for woods riding, or just get some 17" wheels and use it on the street/Loudon. I like riding the bike, the engine feels very strong, it just feels like it might be a little heavy in the tight stuff.

My buddy Matt has the same bike and absolutely loves it. Great torque, and the motor is smooth overall. Either way you set that bike up (woods/sumo) it won't disappoint.

WR450F is 273lbs wet
    TE449 is 249lbs dry

So, not off by much for a thumper.

"Life is a tour, not a race... just stay out of my way when I'm touring!"

Yeah I read the te449 is about 289lbs wet, it felt that heavy when I dropped it on the trail yesterday. I'll lose 10lbs between the exhaust and removing the signals/lights/evap so I guess it's right there. Coming off a 2-stroke I guess anything is going to feel kinda fat.

Dude, Even a 250F feels like a tank after a 2 stroke. It's a COG thing. OHC motors are tall and top heavy. Makes turning and picking up the bike a lot more work. They do track straighter in the hack and in the air though...

Paul_E_D

Yeah, I hear ya. This thing feels a little more chunky than my buddys crf 450, but its not
    terrible. The fueling is perfect though. If someone could do that on a two stroke I'd be on it like maggots on Whitney.

Quote Originally Posted by burnham View Post
    Yeah I read the te449 is about 289lbs wet, it felt that heavy when I dropped it on the trail yesterday. I'll lose 10lbs between the exhaust and removing the signals/lights/evap so I guess it's right there. Coming off a 2-stroke I guess anything is going to feel kinda fat.
    My WR felt heavy in the tight stuff as well, one of the main reasons I tried the KTM smoker. Keep your ktm and get some SM wheels for the Husky?

Yamaha

Ordered up bars, a mount for my Scotts damper, pegs, tires, hand guards, a skid plate, grips and tubes today. Also have Factory Connection sending out a crate for my suspension. Hopefully all this shit will be installed in a week or so. I'm probably going to get the warp 9 supermoto wheels too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12