Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Husqvarna being sold to KTM?

Re: Husqvarna being sold to KTM?

Quote Originally Posted by Stromper View Post
    After reading an interview with the KTM president I think KTM wants to drowned this bastard stepchild before it gets to big.
    that makes no sense. BWM was killing the Husky dirt bikes faster than anyone could. why step in, waste your money and kill it faster? doesn't add up.

before it gets too big? then why has SP said repeatedly in interviews he wants to bring the brand back to it's off-road glory? most of the other reports are just speculating what he will do or what the details are. no one knows yet.

why keep Husaberg all this time?

what about Beta, TM, GasGas, Sherco? the Beta 450RR was named Bike of the Year. you're not stopping that steamroller right now. if Pierer killed off Husky, those riders will go somewhere, and it won't be to an orange bike. they would most definitely go directly to Beta, TM or GasGas.

we cant forget... Pierer Industries AG bought Husky, not KTM.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by typeone; 05-03-13 at 09:09 AM.
    Beta 200RR

well what do you know... news coming in last night that i'm catching up on now...

Ok I talked to lets call him Mr Husqvarna today who is the highest guy in the chain at this time I believe for now.I can release the info below to be what the general plan is for now. A USA dealer meeting in not to distant future will be held to explain the actual plan/direction when things get settled and figured out.

Fact >yes labor dispute but factory still open and will be finishing 2013 production of certain models including 650s.Also some 2014 models most likely and when all that is done after parts for current and new bikes being made 2013 and some 2014 s.But not 12000!

Fact>No 12000 bikes in wharehouses again maybe the world wide storehouse including dealer .distributors etc have thousands for sale but 12000 sitting around.NOT TRUE,nothings getting crushed that would be a dumb way to loose a whole lot of money.

Fact> some more bikes will be coming to USA mostly Te models and Terras maybe numbers unknown but not thousands, limited numbers.Some bikes may not make for EPA agreements and things related to import etc.

Fact>.We will have a 2014 model line introduced in or by November est 10-12 bike line up including some new stuff from Husqvarna/Husaberg technology.{this will be interesting} because 2014 husabergs are being built as we speak.And areally good chance Husky/Husaberg will become one at some point.

Fact>when all production in Italy is done wich could be 9-14 months pretty much most all bikes will be built in KTM factory in Austria for sure.And that means like KTMs prices will be higher than now.

Fact >intentions to vastly improve model selection by making alot of models like KTM has many choices.

Husqvarna has a great future no plans to ever shut it down only to do as they did with KTM ,grow it develop new models and sell alot of reliable great bikes,what Husqvarna/Husaberg /KTM resources are used to do it time will tell what we get . The first year maybe a bit of this and that but Husqvarna will in the future be its own distinct bike .All these thing have to take place to make Husqvarna not only the great bike it has always been but a motorcycle with value and a profitable brand to build ,yet still unique to us that like that.

So thats all I know for now but feel alot better hearing actual things that are planned at this time and of course things can change a bit as the saga continues .But im encouraged as we are a single line dealer HUSQVARNA .
    - - - Updated - - -

more...

http://www.motocrossmx1.com/?type=Ne...3366&title=Pit

Beta 200RR

sooo, like i started this thread with... here we go again reunion party with the 'Berg team?

Beta 200RR

Ahh I shouldn't post when over tired and a beer or three in. I was calling bs to the inventory etc.

My question is we have KTM, we have blue bikes with an engine gimmick we call Husaberg and now we will have red bikes with what to make then unique? TM already does the high end suspension and brakes stuff, GG and Sherco do the trials and some enduro market. Is Husqvarna going to go after the MX slice?

Lifer

I want to see Husky survive, and thrive, but I also still want a good deal ($5k-ish) on a TE310. I also think that Husky should return to the Blue/Yellow signature color line.

Quote Originally Posted by slowkermit View Post
    Cynthia at Town + Country quoted me $4,500 OTD for a CR125/144. Great price for sure, but the math doesn't add up if the rebate is at $2,500.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand...item51ac7600f3

Last edited by Rambunctous; 05-04-13 at 08:29 AM.

yup... Husqvarna & Husaberg Reunited

------------------------------------------------------------

HUSQVARNA STARTS A NEW ERA OF GREAT SUCCESS

Following the acquisition of Husqvarna by Pierer Industries AG and after careful analysis and evaluation of all aspects, it was decided to reunite what came out of shared roots 25 years ago. In other words, Husqvarna will enter a positive new era by combining its own rich heritage with Husaberg’s state-of-the-art technology.

NEW HUSQVARNA MODEL LINEUP TO BE PRESENTED IN OCTOBER

The new generation of Husqvarna models is already in progress: a new model range, with brand new exclusive design and the latest technology is being developed and will be offered in the segments Enduro, Motocross and Sportminicycles. There will also be exciting, newly developed products in the Supermoto segment – one in which Husqvarna has enjoyed a lot of success in in recent years.

HUSQVARNA SPORTMOTORCYCLE GMBH, OPERATIONAL AS OF OCTOBER 2013

As of October 2013, the new group company "Husqvarna Sportmotorcyle GmbH" based in Mattighofen, Austria, will be fully operational in the production and sale of the new model range to the Husqvarna network of dealers and distributors. Parts supply and Customer Service for all Husqvarna models up to and including Model Year 2013 are guaranteed for the years to come and will remain at the current business location in Biandronno (VA), Italy.

http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/co...aberg-reunited

------------------------------------------------------------

psyched for October...

http://www.bonmotoren.nl/pdf/dealer_..._Husqvarna.pdf

Last edited by typeone; 05-16-13 at 08:49 AM.
    Beta 200RR

Lifer

I just read - In essence: Husaberg is going to be "replaced" with the new Husqvarna's.
    http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/co...aberg-reunited

Well if its really just a poor mans KTM and allows face to face with the Japanese.......

The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Lifer

That story is 4 months old. I have not seen any kind of "liquidation" of the alleged huge inventory of 2013 bikes... No huge blow out prices have been advertised that I am aware of.... I still would pay $5k for a new TE310...

Somebody on the other forum researched that. The "huge inventory" is a bunch of 650 cc BMW dork bikes that nobody wants. The nice race quality stuff is long gone.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

yeah, that's super old blog nonsense as these guys pointed out. here's your semi-freshest meat...

What is the background to the Husqvarna deal and how did you feel about it?

Husqvarna was always the benchmark at the beginning. It was a competitor but one that was getting better year-by-year. In the mid-90s we took over Husaberg, which was a spin-off from the former Husqvarna engineers when they left the company as it moved down to Castiglioni and Cagiva. We got some experience and in 2003 we closed down the facility in Sweden and brought the operation done to Austria and it worked out very well. We were very impressed. Maybe Husaberg was partly the killer of Husqvarna because last year they sold 6000 units, more than Husqvarna for off-road because you have to discount some of their on-road models.

The experience with Husaberg as a second brand that was based on overlapping the main brand was useful and so was adapting the platform strategy from the car industry. In other words sharing engine and chassis components as much as possible. You don’t need addition R&D, purchasing and production. All is the same. After ten years I was 100% we could handle a second brand and then the possibility came up with Husqvarna.

Husaberg has one weakness. In Europe it is a brand and it is strong, but outside of the continent nobody really knows it. In the States it is unknown but that is not the same for Husqvarna. That brand brought the sport over to America and is one of the pioneers of motocross. It has a long history in the States and everywhere around the globe it is recognised. It is the second oldest motorcycle brand.

So the situation came at BMW where the company recognised they needed to focus with on-road through the crisis and they wanted rid of off-road. We always had a clear plan with what we would need to do and that would be to create a single brand so Husaberg will be merged and will disappear and Husqvarna will be the strong global brand for the future. With the platform we will redo some things on the Husaberg model and convert it to Husqvarna with the colours, graphics and technical improvements. For motocross we will use the KTM platform and you will see at the 2013 EICMA show that we will have a very strong competition line from Enduro and every displacement for motocross, meaning 250, 350 and 450, two-stroke 125 and 250 and all the models that Husaberg had for Enduro. Including a bike with the 690 single cylinder. It is a perfect model line, so the dealer can survive in the off-road segment. That gives us the chance to have a second distribution line against the Japanese. Husqvarna is strong on a global base to be able to attack the Japanese or to lift the Europeans against the Japanese; that is the concept.

Can you understand why some people might think ‘well, how can KTM succeed where BMW couldn’t?’

We can because of twenty years experience in the off-road niche market and industry. It is a very specific one and you need experienced people: the former racer, the skilled and knowledgeable technicians. Every small detail with hard and consistent work creates the right product. Secondly you have to understand the off-road community. It is a closed community and if you are not part of it then you are making a mistake.

Italy as an industrial base is one of the most difficult aside from France in Europe, because of the labour regulations. They are not competitive any more. First of all you need to pay a lot of money to have a nice Italian company and brand. Then you need to pay a lot of money to get rid of that company and that was the background with how I came to meet BMW. We have a close relationship because I appreciate BMW as a competitor and they are the closest in Europe. We have a big respect and different relationship. They were asking me if I was interested because they wanted to focus on on-road and I said ‘why not? Let’s sit together’. It was as simple as that. It sounds easy and it was easy. We are very excited now, especially when we think about the new model programme. For us in Mattighofen that means 15,000 additional bikes based on the same platforms. It is like the car industry with Volkswagen and Seat, Audi, Skoda. In the market the brands are separate but behind there are synergies and that is the only way to survive on a small scale and in that competitive industry.

What about the two brands racing against each other?

For sure! Competition keeps you alive. Sometimes you have success over so many years and it can become saturated and you start to lose ground. I think a nice, steered amount of internal competition is good.

So if Husqvarna run the right technology what do you then do with the brand? Especially to differentiate it from the ‘Orange’?

You have to have the brand content separate to KTM. KTM is perhaps a bit more ‘to the edge’ a bit more race-orientated. Husqvarna will come out as more historic, more Scandinavian, a little bit smoother. The design, as you will see in the future, will be a bit softer than the KTMs. They are focussing on the Supermoto type for on-road. There are a lot of niches that Husqvarna can occupy and become a serious player again.
    Exclusive Stefan Pierer Interview - Part One

Exclusive Stefan Pierer Interview - Part Two

Exclusive Stefan Pierer Interview - Part Three

Beta 200RR

Lifer

Ugh. "Husqvarna will come out as more historic, more Scandinavian, a little bit smoother. The design, as you will see in the future, will be a bit softer than the KTMs." This is *not* what I wanted to hear!

Yeah that sucks. KTM is basically putting out it's own version of Coke, Diet Coke, and Coke Zero lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    Ugh. "Husqvarna will come out as more historic, more Scandinavian, a little bit smoother. The design, as you will see in the future, will be a bit softer than the KTMs." This is *not* what I wanted to hear!
    "Ten thousand Swedes,
    Ran through the weeds,
    Chased by one Norwegian."

Lotta talk but I ain't buying till they got a spare parts network. I have been to Wagners and seen new Huskies missing parts. I didn't ask but I figured they were taken to keep a customers bike running. On a side note I had a 450 Supermoto that was fantastic and reliable. But I was always worried that if I have a breakdown will I even be able to get a gaskit.

(most) parts have never been a problem unless you expect them to be in stock the day you walk into the parts dept. i've been pleased to pick up stuff at Wagner i didn't expect them to have, and i've also ordered stuff that arrived in a fair timeframe. Hall's (Illinois) seems to stock everything so i just call them.

yeah, the 'softer' comment isn't easy to understand. i think he's saying something more like 'KTM design is edgy'. Husky's design already is/was 'a little bit softer', and a lot of times, older (e.g. WR250 motor). most are taking that comment like all Husky's will be CRF230s or DRZ200s, but that doesn't make sense if you read this release...

July 1, 2013: Husqvarna is pleased to announce that it is set to make a welcome return to top-level motocross in 2014. Husqvarna, the pioneer of Motocross, will field two factory-backed teams, one in the MXGP class and one in the MX2 World Championship. Each team will feature two riders.
    you don't take that shit on with a few 'softer' trail bikes.

in extreme off-road, can you imagine a team of Lette and Jarvis?!? pureDOMINATION

i'm excited for the future.

Beta 200RR

I'm still glad I sold my Husqvarna 510. I would have no confidence right now in getting parts, and next year would've been rod and piston time. That's a lot of little parts to have to try to find.

Quote Originally Posted by yzedf View Post
    I'm still glad I sold my Husqvarna 510. I would have no confidence right now in getting parts, and next year would've been rod and piston time. That's a lot of little parts to have to try to find.
    The parts problem was so severe back when I had one that when I blew up the motor I sold it piecemeal on Ebay and got waaaay more than I couda sold it when it was running and in one piece. I paid 5500 new and raced it for 4 seasons and got 4400 for the leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    The parts problem was so severe back when I had one that when I blew up the motor I sold it piecemeal on Ebay and got waaaay more than I couda sold it when it was running and in one piece. I paid 5500 new and raced it for 4 seasons and got 4400 for the leftovers.
    I sold mine running with 2,200 miles at a great price, within $1000 of what I paid new. Rolled it over into a new KTM 500 EXC this spring and I'm not looking back!

Beta 200RR

Beta 200RR

Beta 200RR

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast