Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

ICE!!!

Re: ICE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I have a partial box (must be 600+ left in the box) of 5/8" ice screws that were given to me. I have no use for them
    I'll take 'em! I can't use 'em on the tires I'm doing now. But when I start with fresh tires, those'll may work. I used 1/2" on the shitty tires I'm doing and I'm still gonna fill 'em with slime...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Still waiting to see if anyone sets up a track on mousam lake. Any of u guys raced there? Someone sets up a pretty good track and alot of heads show up and run dirt bikes and quads. I heard there was a 900RR studded out there acouple years ago too. I dont have any winter toys but I like to watch.

Its not the speed that kills, its the sudden stops!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Instinct: TELECA-/2.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; EN-US; SAMSUNG; SPH-M800; Teleca/Q05A/INT) MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Im lookin for a plow do make an oval somewhere local

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I'll take 'em! I can't use 'em on the tires I'm doing now. But when I start with fresh tires, those'll may work. I used 1/2" on the shitty tires I'm doing and I'm still gonna fill 'em with slime...
    my client across the lake from you gave em to me
    I'll bring em over next time I'm around, might take my V-strom for a spin around your track

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Lifer

Forgot about a meeting I have Sat morning, I can come up right after that.

Also have next monday and friday off.

I'm going to ice ride for the first time ever Sunday. On a 450 with AMA-ice tires on it. I can't friggin wait! This thread has me pumped.

Boston --> San Diego

my client across the lake from you gave em to me
    I'll bring em over next time I'm around, might take my V-strom for a spin around your track

Errr, i'd like to be there to see this? Not so much on the lake, but getting to and from it. Jay, set up video please

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Should be an easy find, lots of dealers have them in stock

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Errr, i'd like to be there to see this? Not so much on the lake, but getting to and from it. Jay, set up video please
    No fuckin' way he'd get up the hill! I'll charge admission if he tries it!

Quote Originally Posted by hessogood View Post
    Forgot about a meeting I have Sat morning, I can come up right after that.

Also have next monday and friday off.
    Cool, man. There should be a few of us out there. If for some reason we're not around, just park out back behind the garage. Be sure to leave me enough room back there to get down to the lake though!

Fridays are usually good!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Instinct: TELECA-/2.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; EN-US; SAMSUNG; SPH-M800; Teleca/Q05A/INT) MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Quote Originally Posted by R7
    Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Should be an easy find, lots of dealers have them in stock
    Hardy har.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    I wasn't plannin on getting on the lake thru Jays yard, more likey from the marina at the west end of the lake

No fuckin' way he'd get up the hill! I'll charge admission if he tries it!
    fwiw, uphill is easier than downhill, take my own driveway for instance, no problem riding up it even on glare ice, but I still walk it down to the road

RandyO
    IBA#9560

I wasn't plannin on getting on the lake thru Jays yard, more likey from the marina at the west end of the lake

fwiw, uphill is easier than downhill, take my own driveway for instance, no problem riding up it even on glare ice, but I still walk it down to the road
    Not sure how safe that'll be this weekend. I'm told it's pretty sketchy over there, by the boat ramp & by the dam. But I still dare ya!

Okay, this'll answer a few PM's: this weekend there's only gonna be small handful of us out there. More than anything else, I wanna test the neighbors with this. Ours is a small, private lake community and I wanna see what the reactions are gonna be to a bunch of us dicing it up in front of their houses...

I'm guessing there won't be any issues. People have been stopping me out on the lake to ask if they can ride 'my' track. Even had wunna our friend's kids stop by on his sled today to tell us how much they like 'my' track. Some dude with his kids stopped me on the opposite end of the lake to ask if his boys & him could ride it. They spent hours on it Sunday. How they know it was us is beyond me, but I'm taking that as a good sign...

Besides, I need some advantage - however small, when I get all you clowns out there...

Okay, this'll answer a few PM's: this weekend there's only gonna be small handful of us out there. More than anything else, I wanna test the neighbors with this. Ours is a small, private lake community and I wanna see what the reactions are gonna be to a bunch of us dicing it up in front of their houses...

I'm guessing there won't be any issues. People have been stopping me out on the lake to ask if they can ride 'my' track. Even had wunna our friend's kids stop by on his sled today to tell us how much they like 'my' track. Some dude with his kids stopped me on the opposite end of the lake to ask if his boys & him could ride it. They spent hours on it Sunday. How they know it was us is beyond me, but I'm taking that as a good sign...

Besides, I need some advantage - however small, when I get all you clowns out there...
    So Sat or Sunday?

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Lifer

Is the ice staying smooth? They're riding sleds around it?

Are we gonna need to lower the plow and make a couple passes to get it down to hard ice?

Are we gonna need to lower the plow and make a couple passes to get it down to hard ice?
    I haven't been out since last weekend. But I'm taking Canaan down there tomorrow with the 'Cat. If it needs cleaning up, we're on it. Kinda plan on it anyway. I can see the outline of the track from my back window still. So that's another good sign...

Yeah, sleds've been on it. At least last weekend, they were actually doing some good I think. I'll have a full report on your desk tomorrow afternoon...

After a couple passes with a studded Raptor or a dirtbike, the smooth ice (or even sled grooves) will be long gone A day of riding that track is going to chew 4-5" of ice away easily.

I'd remove the feet on the plow at first to clear the ice, but again once the groove is warn in a bit, the plow won't get down to bare ice. We used to always ahve a snow shovel handy for cleaning the corners or braking zones

I was gonna check stuff out local to me this weekend but with a forcast of 50 tomorrow and 45 on Saturday, I'm thinking it's not worth it

Yamaha

Way ahead of ya, Mark. I plan on doing just that - getting the blade right on the ice...

Word!!

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

good idea! my guess it that you have better neighbors than in some other corners of the lake

fwiw, you've been around the colony now for a long time, longer than most of the community, and your considerate of your neighbors, what goes around comes around

so when you gonna get on the board of directors?

RandyO
    IBA#9560

The thing with neighbors out on the ice is noise,be polite and most of all what you bring out onto the ice comes back with you.People seem to love to party at night on the lake...Nothing pisses people off more than pallet bonfires and all the trash,bottles,cans,nails and metal bits wind up in the lake when it thaws.

Last edited by 560smr; 01-14-10 at 09:43 PM.

good idea! my guess it that you have better neighbors than in some other corners of the lake

fwiw, you've been around the colony now for a long time, longer than most of the community, and your considerate of your neighbors, what goes around comes around

so when you gonna get on the board of directors?
    You'd be surprised how many people want me to run. Fuck, I even got a handful of write-ins at the last annual meeting...

You'd be surprised how many people want me to run. Fuck, I even got a handful of write-ins at the last annual meeting...
    why doesn't that surprise me, go for it !! I was approached last nite, to run for school board, came out of nowhere, something I haven't considered before, and pay is even better than NH legislature

if marina is sketchy, where are people getting onto lake, beaches off Varney Rd. ? I'll probably check it out tomorrow, I've got to set up some groundwater monitoring wells on Westchester

RandyO
    IBA#9560

why doesn't that surprise me, go for it !! I was approached last nite, to run for school board, came out of nowhere, something I haven't considered before, and pay is even better than NH legislature

if marina is sketchy, where are people getting onto lake, beaches off Varney Rd. ? I'll probably check it out tomorrow, I've got to set up some groundwater monitoring wells on Westchester
    My house, through Nate's hay field (Danbury Rd/Bradford Ln), maybe wunna the Varney Rd beaches. Don't try the No Barnstead Rd beach, very sketchy over there...

The boy & I will be around tomorrow. If we're not on the lake, we'll be at the house. What time you gonna be around here?