Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

ICE!!!

Re: ICE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    I'll agree with this one!

!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Sunday is better for me this weekend for riding but I can be up there early either day to help get things in shape. I just might not have the bike on Saturday.

James

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    Sunday is better for me this weekend for riding but I can be up there early either day to help get things in shape. I just might not have the bike on Saturday.
    I'll letchya know what the plan is. Looks like Jay & I are gonna spend some time out there Friday. I'm wondering if a whole new layout would be our best bet. With all the heavy snow we got plus all the shit we'll get from now 'til then, we won't even be able to tell where the old one was. Shit, I could hardly tell yesterday. We can use parts of the old one but try to avoid the soft areas. I'm trying to get another plow ATV out there Friday too...

Saturday may end up being A LOT of widening & cleaning up and getting the 'path' to it packed down enough for bikes to get to it. It's less than a 1/4 mile from the house, but without the sleds REALLY packing it down, it'll be a bitch for dirty bikes - not so much for ATV's. I don't REALLY wanna plow that path 'cuz it'll fuck up the that part for my neighbors on their sleds. I'm not saying I WON'T though...

I think I'm gonna look into building like a 5' wide x 6' long ramp for the edge of our shoreline. Use 2x6's or 2x8's for the frame and taper it down to a coupla inches. I think that'll do the trick and it'll be wide enough so the big 4x4 ATV's can use it. Run a coupla pieces of 2x2 across it, width-wise for grip. That'll also keep it smooth enough that our buddies on their sleds can get up too...

Maybe Bed, Bath & Beyond - I don't know. I just don't know if we'll have enough time...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I think I'm gonna look into building like a 5' wide x 6' long ramp for the edge of our shoreline.
    You might be able to find a long pallet or two at a local company that you can reinforce a little to act as your ramps.

I know that the company I work for threw away some really strong, long pallets a few months ago that I suggested to take to my friends lake house, but had no way to get them there, for this exact purpose.

Joel

Didn't get a chance to get out there today, just too much going on...

Looks like Mark,and Todd (don't think he's on here) and Jay are heading up in the morning to gimme a hand. I think all we've got is my ATV plow, my snowblower and shovels - although I'm REALLY against using shovels at all costs. I'm hoping it all turns out to be easier than I think it will, it happened last time like that too...

First thing's first. I wanna be absolutely certain the track is safe. I had no idea we'd dig up THAT much ice and get the surface so hot!

If it's still too much too plow, the first plan is to try to break it all up with the quads. I'll try hitting it with the plow after we do that for a while. I have no problem admitting that I wanna do as little manual labor as possible. That includes the snowblower. My hope is to get it all done with the plow...

Second plan would be to do a few laps with the snowblower to open it up. Then widen it with the plow. Angle the plow right, go around doing the straights & left hand turns for a few laps. Angle the plow left, go around doing the straights & right hand turns for a few laps...

Third plan would be to start from scratch. But that's not really the way I wanna go with it. I think we hit the layout dead on with the first one and I'd like to use that again. Plus it's close enough to the house so we can leave extra shit here and it's not a pain in the ass to run back here...

The most important thing here is me being lazy. That is, my aim is to do this the easiest way possible. Another plow or snowblower would be ideal. But I'd gladly take another coupla backs on the off chance that we'll need to labor a bit. The earlier we get it done, the more riding we get in tomorrow. Sunday's looking really nice too. Get it done tomorrow as early as possible, tear it up the resta the day and Sunday...

I don't know how many more of you we can put up tomorrow night though, it's looking like we're already filling up. Besides the NESR dregs that'll most likely end up staying here tomorrow night, my stepdaughter's coming up with her 'other' two half-brothers and my daughter'll have some friends here. We'll do what we can, but it's getting tight...

If ya wanna come up and help, we'll make damn sure you get to use it. If we can get it done this weekend, we'll be stylin' too. With all that rain that's coming in Sunday night thru Tuesday, it SHOULD give us a coupla fresh inches of smooth ice by the following weekend. Which by the way, is a full moon. Night riding on the lake under the full moon is a fuggin' blast!

I'm sure we will git err done quick. Oh yeah, I should be sleeping already..haha
    See you about 9am cupcake

Yamaha

SOB. If I wasnt committed for tomorrow Id be otw now If you guys tear it up this weekend and need a hand next Ill be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Didn't get a chance to get out there today, just too much going on...

Looks like Mark,and Todd (don't think he's on here) and Jay are heading up in the morning to gimme a hand. I think all we've got is my ATV plow, my snowblower and shovels - although I'm REALLY against using shovels at all costs. I'm hoping it all turns out to be easier than I think it will, it happened last time like that too...

First thing's first. I wanna be absolutely certain the track is safe. I had no idea we'd dig up THAT much ice and get the surface so hot!

If it's still too much too plow, the first plan is to try to break it all up with the quads. I'll try hitting it with the plow after we do that for a while. I have no problem admitting that I wanna do as little manual labor as possible. That includes the snowblower. My hope is to get it all done with the plow...

Second plan would be to do a few laps with the snowblower to open it up. Then widen it with the plow. Angle the plow right, go around doing the straights & left hand turns for a few laps. Angle the plow left, go around doing the straights & right hand turns for a few laps...

Third plan would be to start from scratch. But that's not really the way I wanna go with it. I think we hit the layout dead on with the first one and I'd like to use that again. Plus it's close enough to the house so we can leave extra shit here and it's not a pain in the ass to run back here...

The most important thing here is me being lazy. That is, my aim is to do this the easiest way possible. Another plow or snowblower would be ideal. But I'd gladly take another coupla backs on the off chance that we'll need to labor a bit. The earlier we get it done, the more riding we get in tomorrow. Sunday's looking really nice too. Get it done tomorrow as early as possible, tear it up the resta the day and Sunday...

I don't know how many more of you we can put up tomorrow night though, it's looking like we're already filling up. Besides the NESR dregs that'll most likely end up staying here tomorrow night, my stepdaughter's coming up with her 'other' two half-brothers and my daughter'll have some friends here. We'll do what we can, but it's getting tight...

If ya wanna come up and help, we'll make damn sure you get to use it. If we can get it done this weekend, we'll be stylin' too. With all that rain that's coming in Sunday night thru Tuesday, it SHOULD give us a coupla fresh inches of smooth ice by the following weekend. Which by the way, is a full moon. Night riding on the lake under the full moon is a fuggin' blast!

James

If I ever get my road wheels back and make it over there, I have a gas powered water pump that we could use to flood the track after riding to build the ice back up and smooth things out. But untill I get me truck back I am kind of stuck here.

2004 Honda VTR
    1998 Honda VTR (Track Bike )
    1990 Honda CB-1
    1973 Yamaha RD350
    http://www.ftmsnh.com

Quote Originally Posted by FTMS View Post
    If I ever get my road wheels back and make it over there, I have a gas powered water pump that we could use to flood the track after riding to build the ice back up and smooth things out. But untill I get me truck back I am kind of stuck here.
    That would be awesome! I was hoping you'd make it down this weekend...

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by FTMS View Post
    That sounds fancy and would work awesome!

PS - I owe you $25 so come ride ice.

Trust me I want to. 2 bikes studded and ready to go but no way to travel yet. I hope this week to have it back.

2004 Honda VTR
    1998 Honda VTR (Track Bike )
    1990 Honda CB-1
    1973 Yamaha RD350
    http://www.ftmsnh.com

In hibernation

had a sled fall through the ice on my lake last night... felt bad for the poor guys! :-(

Quote Originally Posted by FlynGSXR1k View Post
    had a sled fall through the ice on my lake last night... felt bad for the poor guys! :-(
    that sucks

are they ok?

I was just thinking about that today...so I'm guessing the machine is lost, you fall in the water, and hopefully your friend brought a rope and can hook you before you lose all feeling in your arms/legs and don't drown?

It was a lot of work, but I think tomorrow the ice will be mint Thanks for the help today tonup, and you don't even have a bike or quad? Awsome of you to help out As usual, good to see you and thanks for the help again Holland.
    Todd and I made the trip from RI, spent the day prepping the track for tomorrow, can't wait

Yamaha

In hibernation

Quote Originally Posted by Bhavesh View Post
    that sucks

are they ok?

I was just thinking about that today...so I'm guessing the machine is lost, you fall in the water, and hopefully your friend brought a rope and can hook you before you lose all feeling in your arms/legs and don't drown?
    yeah they are okay. I dont have a sled this year... I was driving home and came over my bridge and they followed me in my driveway and asked to park there while they retrieved it out of the water. I offered straps, headlights and the help of my truck to pull it out of the water and they declined.. TONS of smoke in the area! I assume they got it out cuz they left later in the evening.

Yamaha

No way I can get out there now, I was on Bow lake yesterday, just walking, wish I had my snowshoes on

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Waitin' to get some DD's injected, then we're headin' out again. Probably leavin' the snowblower home today though. Gonna take the 'Cat down & hit it with the plow & all. But I have a feeling we're gonna hafta do somma that shovelin' stuff, but not a helluvalot...

So we'll spend a coupla hours this AM doing some quick clean-up. Then it's on. If ya wanna get up here ASAP and give us a hand, we'll be tearing it up for the next few weekends anyway...

Good to meet more NESRians and a lurker. I give a huge thank you to Stoneman and Sherl for lending me the quad for the day. You guys are awesome. Had a great time at Stonerdom Raceway. Hope you heal up quick puddles

More pics, I'm too dumb to know how to make em screensize.

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."

TurboTodd?......

Quote Originally Posted by tonup View Post
    Hope you heal up quick puddles
    :
    haha just starting to feel it now - gonna be an advil day tomorrow I'm sure. I've accepted my spectacular wipeout as karma for hitting stoner square in the nose with that water bottle from about 20ft away

Track was fun today - little messy, slippery, wet in spots but definitely an awesome time - felt in control on everything but that back stretch before the hairpin with all the water holes appearing (my wipeout spot). Fingers crossed the rain hits hard and smoothes everything out!

I'd have pictures: I brought the camera, and charger but left the memory card in my computer

Wow, I'm whooped That last moto with Todd and I kicked my ass!

Great weekend again, thanks again to Jay and Big Shirl for the hospitality with an evening full of laughs
    Nice to meet you elisama101 and tonup, fun times for sure.
    I have some more pics but need time to unpack and fire up the woodstove

Yamaha

Another great weekend! A LOT of hard fookin' work Saturday mostly paid off for some good times today. Kinda had it all this weekend - hard work, decent riding, fun as shit partying, great weather. What a great friggin' time...AGAIN!

Only logged about 12 miles plowing Saturday, mostly because the plow was kinda ineffective at first. Mad props to Jay for manning the snowblower - that was key. And Brad (tonup), that freak. Fookin' guy showed up just to work, shovel in hand. Sumbitch doesn't even have a dirty bike/quad! Although we hooked 'em up today with Big Shirl's little ol' 250 for the day today. My brother inlaw showed up with his snowblower just as Jay was takin' off. Fuckin' guy ended up snowblowin' for what, like THREE hours after that? And all the shovelers? WTF?

Got to have some fun on it today. Not quite as fast as it was, I think mostly because the layout changed ever so slightly. With all that effin' snow we got, it was a bitch to follow it perfectly with the plow. Seems a little more technical than it was, definitely slower. I think slower'll work out good though. The Raptors didn't seem to have the advantage they did last week...

This rain's gonna be key, really key. There's absolutely nowhere for all that water to go. I'm thinking we're gonna end up with a coupla inches of fresh ice by week's end and it should really help fill in summa the rough spots. They're saying single digit temps overnight towards the end of the week, so we should be lookin' good by the weekend...

I'm hopin' the snowbanks around the track get knocked down enough with the rain and warm temps these next coupla days. I'd like to spend some time Friday afternoon and/or Saturday morning working on widening it some more. Maybe even plowin' out a coupla 'run-off' lanes. If the plow won't widen it, I'll drag the snowblower down there again of the banks aren't too hard. If that all don't work, I'm turnin' to those shovel things...

Lifer

I've got a tattoo lined up saturday at noon. Probably be an all day and night thing. If I'm not in shape to ride Sunday I can at least come and work on the track while you guys tear it up.

I take it the wet spots didint' freeze up saturday night?

Quote Originally Posted by hessogood View Post
    I've got a tattoo lined up saturday at noon. Probably be an all day and night thing. If I'm not in shape to ride Sunday I can at least come and work on the track while you guys tear it up.

I take it the wet spots didint' freeze up saturday night?
    It just dawned on me that you didn't even ride Saturday! Eff that, dude. If ya make it up Sunday, great. If you come up and you're NOT in shape to ride, spectate or take the 'Cat. Hopefully all the work'll be loooong done by Sunday anyway...

The spots that Bobby & Don we're shoveling snow into actually froze up real nice. Unfortunately, we weren't too sure of how that was gonna work, so 'we' only did like, half the track. That one spot on the 'back part' that was ponding woulda been perfect today if we did that there too...

Eh, at least we're gaining some knowledge here. Most important is clean up at the end of the weekend. I gotta discipline myself to get the 'Cat out there at the end of the day on Sundays and scrape the surface. I think that woulda helped A LOT if I had done that last week, before all the snow. I was just so fuckin' beat by mid-day today...