I know I'm looking quite a bit ahead, but I'm looking to buy a trailer and need to line up storage options.

Whether I plan to use the bikes/trailer during the winter would have an impact on lining up storage options for the winter.

I know very little about ice bike racing except that it's sort of like flat-track racing and you put studs in your tires for traction.

I figure my motard would be best for this - although I'm curious if people regularly use sport bikes (I've seen some youtube videos with people on sportbikes on the ice, but then again, I've also seen a youtube video of someone taking a panigale off road and I'm not planning on doing that).

Not worried about all the details right now, as I'm likely to forget them by winter, but mostly wondering how far from Boston I'd need to go to do it and what months it generally starts up. I know the season would vary based on the weather but just a ballpark.

Oh, and some idea of equipment requirements would be good too. I have the mx wheels and tires for my motard so I figure I can just stud those but are there special cold weather suits or do people just wear either mx suits or their race boots / leathers / gloves?