Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Ice, Ice Baby!

Re: Ice, Ice Baby!

Holy shit, what a great weekend (again)! I can't believe we were able to salvage the track, even more amazing is how well it turned out for Sunday. Coupla hours plowing Sat morning, followed by some riding. After riding, Todd decided to roll the dice, grab the snowblower and see about opening it up, knocking down those outrageous snowbanks & widening it. Like Mark said, it paid off Sunday - nothing but riding. It turned out to be kinda last minute, not really pulling the trigger on it 'til late Friday afternoon. Not sure how things are gonna turn out after this thaw though. Just a great-fuggin'-time. My face hurts from laughing half the night Saturday...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Ya the races in Sturbridge were fun sunday. The track was kinda short but any riding is better than sitting home watching cars go around in a circle.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by racer20 View Post
    Ya the races in Sturbridge were fun sunday. The track was kinda short but any riding is better than sitting home watching cars go around in a circle.. lol
    We've done 'road courses' the last coupla years on our lake. Ovals are fun & all, but I like the left/rights & S's & switchbacks & the hairpin. Kinda helps equalize things & keeps it more exciting...

Half the riding we did yesterday was running the track in reverse & running off-speed & off-line to try to cut in new lines. I haven't checked those new vids yet, but I'd venture to guess that there's some footage of us running slower laps and way off-line...

But fuggin' AYE, was it fun!

thats great, did a 1 mile road course a few years ago, but not able to get on the lake with the plow truck this year. Where is the lake? and would you guys mind another rider or 2? Definetly agree the left right etc is much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by racer20 View Post
    thats great, did a 1 mile road course a few years ago, but not able to get on the lake with the plow truck this year. Where is the lake? and would you guys mind another rider or 2? Definetly agree the left right etc is much more fun.
    Road courses are definitely harder to maintain. Funny thing with ours this year is when we were done initially cutting it in this year, I realized it was almost a mirror image of the one we did last year. I had ZERO intentions of that! Just dropped the plow, made a few passes, then realized it was the same fuckin' thing!

We had a helluva time this year with the ice. Water kept seeping up and turning everything to slush and just wasn't freezing - even when we had a week of sub-zero temps up here! We've only gotten a coupla weekends on it this year. Just a fucked up winter for it...

We're in central NH. Not sure what's gonna become of it now with the temps we're gonna be getting. I'm gonna try to keep everyone off it this weekend in hopes that the cold weather next week will help it stay strong. I'll keep you posted though...

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Road courses are definitely harder to maintain. Funny thing with ours this year is when we were done initially cutting it in this year, I realized it was almost a mirror image of the one we did last year. I had ZERO intentions of that! Just dropped the plow, made a few passes, then realized it was the same fuckin' thing!

We had a helluva time this year with the ice. Water kept seeping up and turning everything to slush and just wasn't freezing - even when we had a week of sub-zero temps up here! We've only gotten a coupla weekends on it this year. Just a fucked up winter for it...

We're in central NH. Not sure what's gonna become of it now with the temps we're gonna be getting. I'm gonna try to keep everyone off it this weekend in hopes that the cold weather next week will help it stay strong. I'll keep you posted though...

I hope it stays good. Id like to get up there at least for one more day this season. Now that I knocked the rust off its time to sharpen my skills with a few crashes

James

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    I hope it stays good. Id like to get up there at least for one more day this season. Now that I knocked the rust off its time to sharpen my skills with a few crashes
    I like to be optimistic, but I have my doubts. This year's been incredibly bizarre, ice-wise. This past weekend was the only weekend besides that first one that it's actually been ridable. That's right, TWO weekends. There was so much water seeping up so fast that it wouldn't freeze solid. And anything under snow was 4-6" slush until recently, and that's not even totally solid yet. Really weird year. And with this big warm-up, I can only guess what it's gonna do to everything out there...

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Watching the vid quality from that video confirms my camera is shit Not even gonna save any of my footage from the weekend
    I'm guessing it's a simple setting is all. I don't think the camera's poop...

I'm guessing it's a simple setting is all. I don't think the camera's poop...
    Maybe, but the fact that sometimes it does and sometime it doesn't makes me wonder. Of all the videos I took over the weekend, that one was about the best

Yamaha

Maybe, but the fact that sometimes it does and sometime it doesn't makes me wonder. Of all the videos I took over the weekend, that one was about the best
    Fresh batteries maybe? Didn't you say you were running low? Is there a way to set everything back to default?

Fresh batteries maybe? Didn't you say you were running low? Is there a way to set everything back to default?
    The battery did have the low light on at the end of the day, but all the videos are similar. I have to plug it in and have a look at the settings, but I have never changed any

Yamaha

The battery did have the low light on at the end of the day, but all the videos are similar. I have to plug it in and have a look at the settings, but I have never changed any
    I dunno. Wondering if you hit something trying to fiddle with it when you had it mounted...

I dunno. Wondering if you hit something trying to fiddle with it when you had it mounted...
    hit something
    fiddle with it
    had it mounted

You were talking about the camera, yes?

The settings need the use of a computer to change, plug the camera to the computer, the settings pop up, and you adjust. I'ma check it now

Yamaha

hit something
    fiddle with it
    had it mounted

You were talking about the camera, yes?
    You know what sounds dirty but isn't?

You know what sounds dirty but isn't?
    Leah?

Just checked the settings, they were all set at the default settings

Yamaha

Leah?

Just checked the settings, they were all set at the default settings
    I started reviewing the video from my camera , which is usually pretty good quality , and it is choppy I think it was from the cold . even though the camera is supposedly freeze proof , the batteries do not perform as well in the cold . the video just doesn't look smooth , aside from some shakey hand camera man .

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

here is another one of turbo todd showing some restraint and not passing me right away, we were riding the track in reverse direction .

YouTube - sean todd ice

Last edited by theothersean; 02-14-11 at 09:07 PM.
    12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (HTC EVO "DROID" : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Maybe the warm up will work out. It'll melt the ice and smooth it all out when it refreezes

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

I'ma gonna keep an eye on the weather for next week. Wade'll come up & flood it if we think it'll do some good. If temp's are gonna be closer to 'normal' next week, I may just take the chance and do it. Then again, with the way things were this year, who knows? Maybe I should just leave it the fuck alone and deal with whatever we're able to squeeze out of it...

Wirelessly posted (HTC EVO "DROID" : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

We need a flame thrower

TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

I am not a professional video editor, but i did stay in aholiday inn express last night

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    09 KLR650

Quote Originally Posted by theothersean View Post
    I am not a professional video editor, but i did stay in aholiday inn express last night
    Awesome job Sean

Yamaha

The 2 day melt followed by this cold weather should make the track epic next weekend.

Edit

Last edited by SVRACER01; 02-19-11 at 11:05 PM.

By this date last year, I couldn't even walk across our cove - it was partially open water. And about 1/2 the track had melted into the lake at this point last year...

At this point it'd done. I'm done with it. We got over 20" total this weekend with a few more inches of ice yesterday. Between the ice surface & all the new snow & shit, there's once again about 6" of slush. You can barely even tell where the track was at this point...

I have no more fight left in me with this thing this year. I'm tired of wrastling with it, I'm done. We had what like EIGHT solid weekends on it last year? This year we've had TWO, plus President's Day. Bizarre year, but I know why. It's on account of that nice, new set-up I went with this year...