Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 363

Ice Ice baby

  1. #26

    Re: Ice Ice baby


    in a suzuki bike, bike breaks with oil!

    0 Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke ** 2001 Suzuki GSX1300R Busa ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

  2. #27
    Lifer Ken C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Western MA
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,415

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    The ice at my house is 5 inches. Almost ready.

    1 Not allowed!

  3. #28
    Lifer tsorfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    in my own little world...
    Posts
    9,615

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    So this Saturday won't be any riding because of the snow?

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #29
    Day late, dollar short carsick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cabot, VT
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    Just couldn't bring myself to go to work today.



    9 Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

  5. #30
    Lifer Kurlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Waterboro ME
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,242

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    You chose, wisely.

    0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / 2000 LS650P

  6. #31
    First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Farmington
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,284

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    you running REAL ice tires or gold screws?

    0 Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 KTM 690SM /03 KTM 300EXC
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

  7. #32
    First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Farmington
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,284

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    theres a lake 5 minutes from my house that i can ride on.
    ive got access to a 4 wheeler with a plow. i assume that the atv will need chains or something to plow though, is that correct?
    i could always snow blow a track...

    0 Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 KTM 690SM /03 KTM 300EXC
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

  8. #33
    Day late, dollar short carsick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cabot, VT
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    you running REAL ice tires or gold screws?
    You talking to ME? 1.5" rear screws and 2 liners, UHD tubes. It's a 45 pound tire/wheel assembly.

    0 Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

  9. #34
    Is this thing on? Mr. Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hiram, ME
    Posts
    2,679

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    theres a lake 5 minutes from my house that i can ride on.
    ive got access to a 4 wheeler with a plow. i assume that the atv will need chains or something to plow though, is that correct?
    i could always snow blow a track...
    You make a track, I'll have a bike you can borrow when I come ride.

    0 Not allowed!

  10. #35
    Is this thing on? Mr. Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hiram, ME
    Posts
    2,679

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    Honda is up and running. KTM wheels are back in my possession with fresh Fourniers mounted. I'm ready for next weekend.

    3 Not allowed!

  11. #36
    Lifer Kurlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Waterboro ME
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,242

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    Dislike, thought I was going to have a new set of wheels...

    0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / 2000 LS650P

  12. #37
    Is this thing on? Mr. Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hiram, ME
    Posts
    2,679

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    KTM has fresh wheels with shiny Fourniers, all wrapped and ready the ice next weekend.


    How many Hondas do you see? One of them is a wheel change away from being ice ready, fired it up and it runs strong after the motor transplant.




    Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Dislike, thought I was going to have a new set of wheels...
    Maine is not far enough to hide.

    1 Not allowed!

  13. #38
    rrrright down by da beach island boyeee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    961

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    I was going to make one of these posts. Just bought my first dirt bike in October, with the intent of doing some ice riding this winter. So far, I haven't found much for connections other than the ice racers, which is not what I'm looking for. Hoping to find something more like a small track configuration, not an oval. I live south of Boston, but willing to travel a bit, and lend a hand setting up and whatnot, if anyone is willing to provide a connection!

    Also, since I'm new and don't want to splurge on awesome ice tires... am I going to have a miserable time just buying 1-200 of those generic eBay screws? I'm ready to replace my dirt tires with something better, so figured I'd just stud the current ones for cheap.

    0 Not allowed!
    08 Triumph Daytona 675, Jet Black w/ Gold
    dirty bike: 2015 KTM 250 XC-F

  14. #39
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,124,084

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    theres a lake 5 minutes from my house that i can ride on.
    ive got access to a 4 wheeler with a plow. i assume that the atv will need chains or something to plow though, is that correct?
    i could always snow blow a track...
    I plow with a 400 4x4 and have never needed chains. There has been times when plowing the lake that I'd have to leave the blade 6-8" off the ground for the first pass. But that was trying move A LOT of snow. You get out there now and you'll be all set as long as you keep it clean during the winter...

    1 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  15. #40
    Is this thing on? Mr. Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hiram, ME
    Posts
    2,679

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    Quote Originally Posted by island boyeee View Post
    Also, since I'm new and don't want to splurge on awesome ice tires... am I going to have a miserable time just buying 1-200 of those generic eBay screws? I'm ready to replace my dirt tires with something better, so figured I'd just stud the current ones for cheap.
    On a full size dirt bike, you'll rip those short screws out immediately. You really need full length screws, which requires liners inside of the tires.

    0 Not allowed!

  16. #41
    Day late, dollar short carsick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cabot, VT
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    Quote Originally Posted by island boyeee View Post
    am I going to have a miserable time just buying 1-200 of those generic eBay screws? I'm ready to replace my dirt tires with something better, so figured I'd just stud the current ones for cheap.
    It will get you out there. Remains to be seen if it will get you back. You will quickly be wanting more traction. I would definitely use a hardened Kold Kutter. It's important to angle them properly and orient the screw slot perpendicular to the direction power will be applied.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    On a full size dirt bike, you'll rip those short screws out immediately. You really need full length screws, which requires liners inside of the tires.
    His sig says TTR230. Maybe 15 HP? Might work without a liner. We all gotta start somewhere.

    0 Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

  17. #42
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    15,546

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    I think you want to start with healthy nubs (ie fresh tires) too. Worn nubs are not going to be long enough to support a screw, even with a liner.
    Even with the pro made Fredettes I have I had to back out a handful of screws and reseat at a steeper angle to avoid destroying tubes all winter. (Watched Roland, took notes on what not to do here.)

    1 Not allowed!

  18. #43
    Lifer Imbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Southwick,MA
    Posts
    2,389

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    My fredettes tires are mounted

    0 Not allowed!

  19. #44
    First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Farmington
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,284

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I plow with a 400 4x4 and have never needed chains. There has been times when plowing the lake that I'd have to leave the blade 6-8" off the ground for the first pass. But that was trying move A LOT of snow. You get out there now and you'll be all set as long as you keep it clean during the winter...
    thanks, thats the answer i was looking for
    Quote Originally Posted by island boyeee View Post
    I was going to make one of these posts. Just bought my first dirt bike in October, with the intent of doing some ice riding this winter. So far, I haven't found much for connections other than the ice racers, which is not what I'm looking for. Hoping to find something more like a small track configuration, not an oval. I live south of Boston, but willing to travel a bit, and lend a hand setting up and whatnot, if anyone is willing to provide a connection!

    Also, since I'm new and don't want to splurge on awesome ice tires... am I going to have a miserable time just buying 1-200 of those generic eBay screws? I'm ready to replace my dirt tires with something better, so figured I'd just stud the current ones for cheap.
    ive got a shitload of kold kutter gold screws that i think i may throw into the tires of my 300 and see how it goes. i dont predict i will be burning up the ice but it may help me get comfortable out there.

    0 Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 KTM 690SM /03 KTM 300EXC
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

  20. #45
    Is this thing on? Mr. Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hiram, ME
    Posts
    2,679

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    His sig says TTR230. Maybe 15 HP? Might work without a liner. We all gotta start somewhere.
    Good attention to detail. I've seen the short(5/8-3/4") screws work in minis, so maybe they would work on a TTR? I will say, don't go for a ride on anyone else's bike with the big cheater screws...because you'll be $600 poorer shortly afterwards.

    2 Not allowed!

  21. #46
    Day late, dollar short carsick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cabot, VT
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    You're welcome.

    0 Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

  22. #47
    Lifer typeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central MA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,411

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    if anyone needs 3/8" Kold Kutters i have about 600 you can have, just pay for USPS shipping. they're leftovers from my mini days. 2 new, sealed packs + one pack that is about half used.

    0 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

  23. #48
    Is this thing on? Mr. Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hiram, ME
    Posts
    2,679

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    You're welcome.
    Mine are mounted in the proper direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    if anyone needs 3/8" Kold Kutters i have about 600 you can have, just pay for USPS shipping. they're leftovers from my mini days. 2 new, sealed packs + one pack that is about half used.
    I've only got about 200 for my RM, so I could use these to finish out the tires.

    0 Not allowed!

  24. #49
    rrrright down by da beach island boyeee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    961

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    thanks for the advice guys! yes a TT-R 230. The tires are in great condition, only have maybe 40 hours on them. They are just crappy tires... but I've got lengthy nubs ()

    I don't want to waste my time though, so if those cheapo screws will quickly leave me wanting more, I'll do it semi-properly.

    Does anyone have a simple, cost-effective solution for full length screws and a liner? I've done a bit of research and watched some how-to videos, but still unfamiliar with brand names and options.

    And still need advice on where to go and who to follow

    0 Not allowed!
    08 Triumph Daytona 675, Jet Black w/ Gold
    dirty bike: 2015 KTM 250 XC-F

  25. #50
    Day late, dollar short carsick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cabot, VT
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: Ice Ice baby

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    Mine are mounted in the proper direction.
    Got me there. I did it properly this time. How about air, they holding air?

    0 Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •