Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

iDirt

Re: iDirt

When i step back and look at what a fairly decent used plated dirty costs, it’s hard to justify the leap right now.

In a few years when I’m ready for a new (possibly just to me) bike I hope the gap closes some. I don’t expect fancy new tech to get cheaper, I just hope the jump is more justifiable because the product is that much better.
    In the meantime, I don’t feel like I’m missing out on much, with a plenty capable scoot in the garage now.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Yeah, the XC-F250 continues to amaze me almost every time I ride it. Not all steps are forward...

0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

World Trackday Champion xxaarraa's Avatar

If I were to get another dirt bike, I would absolutely want two things: a) electric start, and b) rekluse. I could take 2 stroke or 4, but it needs to have both a) and b) above.

b) above is what makes me look at electric bikes. They have no tranny (or single speed tranny rather) and left handlebar control is a rear brake like a bicycle. That could be cool.

The KTM I linked seems to have a hot swappable battery pack, though spare battery is a ridiculous $3500. it also says "up to one hour of riding time" which inspires far less confidence than the 50 miles the cake thing promises.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by xxaarraa; 02-26-18 at 10:00 AM.
    All you need to know about NESR:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ductard View Post
    Personally, I would just call up Shell and see which bike they have specified for Rotella.
    Instagram: xxaarraa1983

~30min of aggressive riding on a charge. DOH!

0 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

Yeah, that's about right. No more capacity than the prior year, but the new batt allows it to push more peak output which, if you can use the power will drain it quicker. If I get one, it'll be an MXR just for the lower weight and better batt thermals even if I never take it out of wuss mode.

Looking at the vid, did it seem like he was always nose down hard on every jump landing?

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Kurlon; 03-05-18 at 07:50 PM.
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / ??? - 2009 XC-W 300

dealbreaker.

1 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Looking at the vid, did it seem like he was always nose down hard on every jump landing?
    looked more like a few were a hair short of the down ramp but that's all. the sideways pitched rear stuck out more to me. wonder if it carries it's weight a little differently when you try to do mini whips (?)

0 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

Eff Why Eye: Souhegan Valley Motorsports in Milford, NH is now an Alta dealer with demo bikes available.

You can schedule a demo here

0 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    Eff Why Eye: Souhegan Valley Motorsports in Milford, NH is now an Alta dealer with demo bikes available.

You can schedule a demo here
    I'm guessing they won't let me 'demo' one at a proper sumo race for a day. If they WOULD though...

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / ??? - 2009 XC-W 300

I'm guessing they won't let me 'demo' one at a proper sumo race for a day. If they WOULD though...
    never hurts to ask, right?

maybe go directly to Alta first with, "Hey, thanks for the heads up on the demo bikes available at my local NH dealer, awesome! Can't wait to try one out" ... then go on to explain the series, your history and your idea to 'spread the good word on the East Coast' by demo'ing on track.

but on the less-than-bright side, demos are contained to 30min, no clue what that entails or which bike you can demo.

0 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    never hurts to ask, right?

maybe go directly to Alta first with, "Hey, thanks for the heads up on the demo bikes available at my local NH dealer, awesome! Can't wait to try one out" ... then go on to explain the series, your history and your idea to 'spread the good word on the East Coast' by demo'ing on track.

but on the less-than-bright side, demos are contained to 30min, no clue what that entails or which bike you can demo.
    Heh, been talking with Alta for awhile now on the technical side... As much as I'm a hero in my own mind I don't think I have enough presence to justify Alta handing a bike over for a day just yet. But as you say, doesn't hurt to ask.

1 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook

Heh, been talking with Alta for awhile now on the technical side... As much as I'm a hero in my own mind I don't think I have enough presence to justify Alta handing a bike over for a day just yet. But as you say, doesn't hurt to ask.
    right, i don't think a whole day either but... who knows!

0 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

Try to get them to bring a couple bikes for EVERYONE there to demo. They'd be crazy not to. This industry is very much a place where people will not buy without trying. They could make a killer social media video out of it too #hype

1 Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

Technically it's also a segment they're not officially going after yet either. The sumo they offer is a street targeted machine rather than a full on racer.

That MXR with 17s though...

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook

Here's an interesting one at the other end of the price spectrum. Sure, it's a mini-moto, but we all rip those anyway. 45 mph, 110 lbs, 6000w motor. Pretty iCool.
    Luna Sur-Ron

0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Technically it's also a segment they're not officially going after yet either. The sumo they offer is a street targeted machine rather than a full on racer.
    Track/race cred! Gotta have it..

0 Not allowed!

So, doing my normal random research between various tasks at work:

Looks like the Alta SM and EX should be eligible for a $2500 Fed Tax Credit. No joy for the MX / MXR units.

Insurance looks to be pretty reasonable, my 09 KTM with full coverage costs me $10 a month. Same policy on a 18 Alta SM would be $23 a month.

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123