Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Is this anyone here

Re: Is this anyone here

I kinda would guess snowmobile + snow = no (or little) damage to the "land"...just the replaceable/seasonal snow/surface

dirtbike/atv on trail = digging ditches and killing baby bald eagles

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 11-24-16 at 01:28 AM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

The Class 6 road that goes from Brook Rd to Center Rd in Goshen is not listed.

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    I don't know shit about the way snowmobile trails work. So help me out - what's wrong with riding the sled trail? I'd assume don't chew it up and we all can be friends. But I'd also have figured if the land owner agreed to let snowmobiles pass through, kinda the same thing to let a bike pass through when there's no snow.
    It is up to the landlord: some are snowmobile only, some allow ATV's, some allow bikes as well.

We can ride 2 wheelers for about a mile in Goshen before we get to posted "Snowmobiles only" signs. And the snowmobile trails had to be rerouted last season after a local property owner yanked permission due to abuses.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 11-24-16 at 10:23 AM.

while that site generally gives good information, it is not an official government site and does have some erroneous information like the DMV website

better to look here

New Hampshire Statutes - Table of Contents

Last edited by RandyO; 11-24-16 at 10:49 AM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    killing baby bald eagles
    environmentalists are not as worried about eagles as they are turtles, salamanders and dragonflies

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    environmentalists are not as worried about eagles as they are turtles, salamanders and dragonflies
    Do you not speak metaphor??

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

I am so old that when I popped out of the woods in the early 70's peoples waved

Some how now dirtbikers are look on as terrorists

Its the tree huggers that are the terrorists not us

Occasionally we leave a rut, they stop entire populations from doing somethings

don't let them sucker you

The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

i am familiar with the trail in question. it is gated and clearly posted at the entrance. the land owner has caught 4 people on his game camera in the last week alone.
    i suggested posting the pics of them at the entrance so that they would see that theyve caught on camera and maybe think twice about reentering.

Randy i sent you a PM on FB regarding your offer. ill send you one on here too

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    i am familiar with the trail in question. it is gated and clearly posted at the entrance. the land owner has caught 4 people on his game camera in the last week alone.
    i suggested posting the pics of them at the entrance so that they would see that theyve caught on camera and maybe think twice about reentering.

didn't get the PM on FB, but just responded to the PM here

I was going to suggest that the landowner put a sign on the gate, showing the trail is temporarily closed and when it is open to the public, the gate will be open

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Just a heads up Randy: the local ATV club (New Durham Valley ATV) has been trying to get that section of Route 11 open to ATV use for years with no avail. One of the stipulations the Trail Bureau put forth was that there was no parking in that area, so the parking area you suggested would be HUGE. The other problem was with NHDOT. THEY feel that parts of the existing snow-mo trail runs too close to the road (Route 11) and ATV's would cause too much erosion too close to the road and that ATV's would scatter gravel/rocks/whateverthefuck onto the road...

I can put you in touch with NDATV. I'm guessing they'd be VERY interested in what you're trying to accomplish and being a registered ATV club that receives grant money, SHOULD be a great help. Better yet, they meet the third Thursday of the month at the New Durham library. It's generally open to the public, and I'd be happy to go with you. I believe though, they may skip a couple meetings during the winter months...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post

It is up to the landlord: some are snowmobile only, some allow ATV's, some allow bikes as well.

We can ride 2 wheelers for about a mile in Goshen before we get to posted "Snowmobiles only" signs. And the snowmobile trails had to be rerouted last season after a local property owner yanked permission due to abuses.
    ^This...

About 90% of the trails in NH are on private property and are open solely by the discretion of the landowner. Even though most of the trails were created and maintained with state funds, the landowner reserves the right to place any restrictions at any time on any trail that is on their property. This includes shutting them down, restricting certain vehicle access, and even changing restrictions at will...

The #1 reason for trail closures on private property in NH? Yup...noise, followed closely by garbage and getting off trail...

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post

If the person is ignorant enough to trespass past a clearly posted trail, with a gate, it's likely they won't care about the picture. I've always been somewhat surprised with how little people respect property owners wishes.

I'm currently going through similar issues with hunters at me place... which is clearly posted even tho it doesn't need to be per the law. One was ignorant enough to call me an asshole for ruining his hunt that day, because I was riding my dirt bike, on my land, that he was illegally hunting on. Really?

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    I'm currently going through similar issues with hunters at me place... which is clearly posted even tho it doesn't need to be per the law. One was ignorant enough to call me an asshole for ruining his hunt that day, because I was riding my dirt bike, on my land, that he was illegally hunting on. Really?
    wow. unreal.

Beta 200RR

gun+license=I can go anywhere I want

That's the mentality we had to deal with when we owned the farm years ago. We had to lock up the cattle and horses during deer season due to shooting across open pasture that was posted. Once heard some shooting behind the house, two or three shots, then a deer went running through the yard into the pasture. Guy ran down into our yard, pulled up and fired at the deer while he was standing 50' from the house and shooting at a deer 100' from a barn full of animals. We had the game warden's number beside the phone back then.

But we ran into the same thing with ORVs. We about let anyone ride, if they asked. But we wanted to explain to them where the barbed wire was, which trails wouldn't disturb crops, and where our property ended. Same with hunting, we never denied anyone access, we just wanted them to be safe and know the surroundings. Spot (our 1200# bull) put one guy out of the fence pretty quick one day as he tried sneak across over the fence. It was that point forward we started locking the animals up for their safety along with others.

Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Just a heads up Randy: the local ATV club (New Durham Valley ATV) has been trying to get that section of Route 11 open to ATV use for years with no avail. One of the stipulations the Trail Bureau put forth was that there was no parking in that area, so the parking area you suggested would be HUGE. The other problem was with NHDOT. THEY feel that parts of the existing snow-mo trail runs too close to the road (Route 11) and ATV's would cause too much erosion too close to the road and that ATV's would scatter gravel/rocks/whateverthefuck onto the road...

I can put you in touch with NDATV. I'm guessing they'd be VERY interested in what you're trying to accomplish and being a registered ATV club that receives grant money, SHOULD be a great help. Better yet, they meet the third Thursday of the month at the New Durham library. It's generally open to the public, and I'd be happy to go with you. I believe though, they may skip a couple meetings during the winter months...
    yes, I am aware of the current restrictions along Rt 11, the parking lot at the old Textron site in Farmington is perfect, the Rail Trail goes right thru the site, there is about 5 acres of unused paved parking currently under the control of a state appointed trustee

according to the New Durham Valley website they meet the 4th tuesday ..... a night that I have a conflict due to another committee I am on, if they really do meet the 3rd Thursday, I can go

I am not sure what NHDOT is whining about, the ROW thru New Durham is 200 feet wide, 130 ft from centerline on the westerly side and 70 feet from centerline on the easterly side, there is plenty of room for an ATV trail that does not interfere with the road, that said, I would prefer to find a trail location that is not directly adjacent to Rt 11

an ATV trail system can benefit the property owner by giving better access for land management at the clubs expense

RandyO
    IBA#9560

You're correct, Randy. I have no idea why I posted that. The meetings are the 4th Tuesday of the month...

Ive ripped RT11 trail a TON..................and kicked dirt on 11 LOLOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post

That's the mentality we had to deal with when we owned the farm years ago. We had to lock up the cattle and horses during deer season due to shooting across open pasture that was posted. Once heard some shooting behind the house, two or three shots, then a deer went running through the yard into the pasture. Guy ran down into our yard, pulled up and fired at the deer while he was standing 50' from the house and shooting at a deer 100' from a barn full of animals. We had the game warden's number beside the phone back then.

But we ran into the same thing with ORVs. We about let anyone ride, if they asked. But we wanted to explain to them where the barbed wire was, which trails wouldn't disturb crops, and where our property ended. Same with hunting, we never denied anyone access, we just wanted them to be safe and know the surroundings. Spot (our 1200# bull) put one guy out of the fence pretty quick one day as he tried sneak across over the fence. It was that point forward we started locking the animals up for their safety along with others.
    I would lose my mind if that happened to me. 50' from the house without permission? Dude might find himself next to the deer hanging in the barn.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post

I don't know about NH, but state law in ME is (I think) illegal to discharge a firearm within 500' of a residence. Seriously, fuck that guy.

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Lifer

NH has similar except it is within 300' of a "permanently occupied" building or some such.

NH RSA 644-13. Buildings need not be permanently occupied to qualify.

Section 644:13 Unauthorized Use of Firearms.

Yes, what he did was highly illegal on multiple counts. We got his license number and the game warden handled. We would not typically interfere as some of the guys went off the deep end should you confront them. Wasn't worth the risk. Get close enough to binocular the license number, call it in.

Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Here in CT on the road was 3 bikes and 4 atv's heading for a ride on posted no motorized vehicles

EVERYONE of the little douches had their muffler cap OFF so you could hear them for a mile

Sunday morning 9 AM

The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Dayyyyummmm, I'm starting to wonder how many people here never ever rode a dirtbike or quad where it wasn't all blessed by every tree hugger in America, sprinkled with special water by Henry David Thoreau, and with signs erected every few feet specifically allowing the time, season, tires, spark arrestor, and number of decibels that are ok. (I will leave out the whole blood money/ORV reg/sales tax/big brother angle for this post, but it's all part of the same drag, man!)

This past Sunday, I was woken up by 4 two stroke dirtbikes being started next door at 8am for a ride up on the mountain behind my house, along with some other mountains where riding is not encouraged (to put it lightly). I haven't gone on those rides in years, and don't intend to...but I wasn't annoyed; I thought it was fucking awesome, just like I do every Sunday.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    Dayyyyummmm, I'm starting to wonder how many people here never ever rode a dirtbike or quad where it wasn't all blessed by every tree hugger in America, sprinkled with special water by Henry David Thoreau, and with signs erected every few feet specifically allowing the time, season, tires, spark arrestor, and number of decibels that are ok. (I will leave out the whole blood money/ORV reg/sales tax/big brother angle for this post, but it's all part of the same drag, man!)

This past Sunday, I was woken up by 4 two stroke dirtbikes being started next door at 8am for a ride up on the mountain behind my house, along with some other mountains where riding is not encouraged (to put it lightly). I haven't gone on those rides in years, and don't intend to...but I wasn't annoyed; I thought it was fucking awesome, just like I do every Sunday.
    Glad I'm not the only shit-head in here. Regulation weenies can suck it. Snowmobiles are not more environmentally sound. That notion is BULLSHIT. Neither are horses, lawns, golf courses, ecotours, etc. I see more wildlife at my riding spot than anywhere around here. We need less "my use is good, your use is bad" and more "how can we all use the resources at hand and respect them and each other?"

I think dirtbikes get the least respect because it's a working class and teen pass time. Stunt pilot gets to practice overhead all day long. He's not working class, or a teen. Boats get to rip on the river with open pipes. Same deal.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Snowmobiles are not more environmentally sound.
    yes, they make as much sound (noise),

they do not compact the soil, cause as much erosion, or increase sedimentation in waterways or impact the environment during the growing season, snowmobiles have nowhere near the same impact on the environment as wheeled vehicles

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast