Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Jack Frost Fun Run - HVD Oxford, MA - 11/3

Re: Jack Frost Fun Run - HVD Oxford, MA - 11/3

I'll be there too.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

we talked Freetown a bit yesterday, everyone makes it sound so scary... i'm on the fence for next two wknds. want in, just not sure i can swing yet.

Beta 200RR

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMarine View Post
    Anyone have some suggestions on where I can take Julie? Something nice and easy where she can just learn to handle the bike, and not get too frustrated.
    My girlfriend was comfortable learning on the Stark Pond Loop at Hop/Ev. There is enough to keep it interesting and a couple of slightly more challenging sections but she was fine with learning more about her bike there.

The Rockingham trail in Southern NH, parking in Windham and Fremont I think, is also a decent learner spot. It is basically a railroad bed that has been opened up to use as a trail system. Only down side is there are a couple of road crossings and it is mostly straight. A good place to get her out and just riding the bike though without the obstacles so she can get a feel for it.

Another thing my girlfriend did that helped her was to take the dirt MSF course at planet dirt http://www.planetdirt.com/

The NH things will require a trail sticker but may be worth it long term is you guys want explore the northern riding.

Joel

First off, I really wish I could've made it yesterday. I'm dying to put faces to some to your names.

Joel, it was great riding with you Saturday. You must've ticked off 100 laps. I may have done 30 and I was smoked!

As for Freetown, you guys need to go ride it. Boxmonkey did his very first dirt ride at Toys for Tots last year on my 200. He did the full loop, kept a consistent pace, didn't fall, and had a blast. There are a lot of whiners who ride dirt. Some have a bad day and get mad if their feet get wet. Some cry if their bike gets muddy. I really don't understand it sometimes. If you don't like rocks, just do the short loop or the "enduro" loop. That's mainly pine forest. If you don't like that, do the grass track section a bunch of times. Then drink beer with me! hehehe

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

i like rocks AND beer hope i can join you guys out there! (very slim odds as of this afternoon, unfortunately)

man, i wish i attempted the Super Hero gap. i want to conquer that fucking thing. Chip danced through it like nothing. last time we tried, i went left, Chris went right. we both failed. well, sorta. made it through but it was not pretty.

Beta 200RR

I cheated. (Rekluse)

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

nah, you gots the flow need to chase you more often. too fun

Beta 200RR

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post

The Rockingham trail in Southern NH, parking in Windham and Fremont I think, is also a decent learner spot. It is basically a railroad bed that has been opened up to use as a trail system. Only down side is there are a couple of road crossings and it is mostly straight. A good place to get her out and just riding the bike though without the obstacles so she can get a feel for it.
    i rode that trail on the SM from just east of raymond to newmarket where it ends. it was a nice ride. it was leaf covered so i took it slow to avoid hitting a hidden rock or something, but there are several trails that split off of it. one took me to the dragstrip parking lot where i hung out with TLR mark for a bit. i think it goes all the way to manch.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    i rode that trail on the SM from just east of raymond to newmarket where it ends.
    Isn't that off limits to ORHV's?!

i think it goes all the way to manch.
    Just a warning that the section of the rail trail that runs from Epping to Fremont is not open to wheeled vehicles. Only the section from Fremont to Derry is open year round to trail bikes and ATVs.

The portion of the trail that runs from Manchester and heads East is also closed to wheeled vehicles which is a bummer because it goes right through my town and it would be awesome to run errands in Epping by hauling ass down it.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Isn't that off limits to ORHV's?!
    yup. well, the sign in epping headed east said atvs were OK i believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    Just a warning that the section of the rail trail that runs from Epping to Fremont is not open to wheeled vehicles. Only the section from Fremont to Derry is open year round to trail bikes and ATVs.

The portion of the trail that runs from Manchester and heads East is also closed to wheeled vehicles which is a bummer because it goes right through my town and it would be awesome to run errands in Epping by hauling ass down it.
    eh, whatever. i was going <20 and stopped and pulled over for any pedestrians or bicycles that came my way. i figured if i was courteous no one would bitch.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Lifer

...if i was courteous no one would bitch.
    Wouldn't that be great?!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234