Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jeff Alessi shoots Vilo with Lazer?

Lifer

Jeff Alessi shoots Vilo with Lazer?

Wow. I thought that all of the Alessi scandals were over. I guess not:http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/103...n-riders-eyes/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Re: Jeff Alessi shoots Vilo with Lazer?

Pic of Davy Coombs confiscation the laser, and Jeff's pit pass:http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2...72013laser.jpg
    He blamed it on his *Girlfriend*? Classy move...

Stupid. Will be curious to see what the penalty is. Did you see the video? Its a classic.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    James

what a jackass. a circus is def about to roll into town...

Beta 200RR

Wow. Below classless

Lifer

Yes. It will be interesting to see what action is taken by American MX, or the AMA against Jeff or the Team. I would hate to see 2,000 lasers show up at the next event...

- - - Updated - - -

"Believe the Hype!"

Given the potential for serious long term vision damage, I'd be going straight for assault charges myself...

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

is that Jimmy in the back wearing the white shirt

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Contrary to what’s being said on the thumper list - eye damage is a potential even if not looking directly into the beam (just has to reflect around inside the eye).
    A 100mW green (most sensitive to eye) laser can come in a pen like form factor. Those will definitely cause retina damage (the beam can be seen in daylight and about 5 miles at night)

Last edited by xsiliconkid; 07-22-13 at 11:24 AM.
    Graham
    "If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee — that will do them in"

I was just going to post that pic from VitalMX. Here's what forum mod/mx photographer said:

The laser pointer deal happened on the starting gate for the first 450 moto. Apparently RV's GoPro is adept at catching more than race action. It was lit up by the laser pointer right as the gate was about to drop. Apparently it also shows someone off to the right of the start in a team shirt moving behind a tree as Ryan's going up the start straight.

There was a hunt for who was doing it before the start of the next moto. Jeff was found with the laser pointer in his possession, and Davey Coombs relieved him of it, and also Jeff of his pass.

I asked Jeff about it afterwards, and he claimed that it was his ex-girlfriend who had done it.

After the race, Tony Alessi read something that Steve Matthes wrote, came out of the team rig very heated, and gave him a couple jabs on the chest with his index finger, called him an idiot (among other things), and claimed it was slander.

Tim Cotter came by after a bit, and a discussion ensued between Tony, Mike Genova, and Tim, inside the team's hauler.

The bottom line is, MX Sports is gathering the info, and will make a determination later on potential penalties. They're looking at this as a very serious issue, especially since it was at the start of an event.

2013 ZX6R-636

What a dildo....

looks like it got pretty heated

Last edited by backinthesaddle; 07-22-13 at 11:31 AM.
    2013 ZX6R-636

As fucked up as the kids are, the dad has got to be a real piece of work.

Lifer

If this were just a regular spectator - and as a "stand alone" event, this would be pretty serious. Taken in the context of the entire embattled history of the Alessi clan, this may be a career ending event for Mike, Tony, and Jeff. Tony does not handle these events well - he usually attacks any accusers, instead of calmly addressing them. This just makes things worse. I would be surprised if MotoConcepts keeps them on their team.
    People are speculating whether or not Jeff "had orders" to do this, or he was just acting on his own stupidity. There should be an investigation, but I doubt that any "Team connection" will be admitted to. Overall, the whole thing is well beyond any acceptable behavior form any member of any professional Team.
    The risk of "letting this go", without some punishment is that 2,000 lasers appear at the next event.

Lifer

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    People have way too much spare time.....................gotta say it was comical though

every time I hear of a laser pointer its about some db aiming it at someone else's eyes. If they can cause serious eye damage, why are they even LEGAL? what benefit do they provide that is worth all this bs every time?

If Jeff Allessi did this, ban him from all AMA events for life. end of story.

MX Sports hands down fines and suspensions.

http://www.racerxonline.com/2013/07/...laser-incident

Accordingly, Jeff Alessi is suspended indefinitely from attending further AMA Pro Motocross events and from possessing an MX Sports credential of any kind

Accordingly, Tony Alessi is suspended from attending the remainder of the events for the 2013 race season and from possessing an MX Sports credential of any kind. Violation of this suspension will constitute trespass.

Accordingly, Mike Alessi is hereby held responsible for the actions of his crew members, and is fined $10,000, which fine must be paid prior to participating in further competition or adequate arrangements made for the payment thereof. In addition, all points earned by Mike Alessi at the Washougal National are suspended. Said fine shall be paid to the Asterisk Mobile Medical Unit.

Accordingly, Mike Alessi is hereby held responsible for the actions of his crew members, and is fined $5,000, which fine is suspended pending successful completion of a one-year probationary period. If during said probationary period there are any further public displays of misconduct by any team or crew member associated with Mike Alessi, said fine shall become due immediately and participation in all further competition will be suspended indefinitely.

Given the team misconduct and sequence of events as outlined above and its detrimental effect on the series, effective immediately, all credentials issued to MCR are hereby revoked pending receipt of payment of the $10,000 fine issued to Mike Alessi.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by backinthesaddle; 07-22-13 at 06:56 PM.
    2013 ZX6R-636

good. bunch of tools. (although i thought Mike was cleaning up his act)

Beta 200RR

Lifer

Wow. Honestly, I never thought that they would do much about it. I was wrong! This may very well be the end of Mike Alessi's MX career.

What a circus that group is. Good for mx sports to take the evidence, sort it and hand out penalties. Didn't Jeff alessi learn from Aaron Hernandez that cameras are everywhere.

2013 ZX6R-636

I read some other news about this incident which reported that when Coombs was driving out of the event, Papa Alessi was speaking to police and waved Coombs over to threaten him with pressing charges for assaulting Jeff (presumably by taking the lazer)

...last I heard, it was illegal to tell someone "Im going to put my elbow through your face" (as jeff did, on video, to the reporter)

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    I read some other news about this incident which reported that when Coombs was driving out of the event, Papa Alessi was speaking to police and waved Coombs over to threaten him with pressing charges for assaulting Jeff (presumably by taking the lazer)
    Tony Alessi stated, “I’m considering filing charges against you for assaulting my son.” Coombs relayed the sequence of events to the officers, who responded, “It sounds like something you need to figure out between yourselves.” Coombs then asked Tony Alessi if he was going to press charges or not, at which time Tony Alessi stated, “you have kids, Davey, how would you like them to be assaulted?” When it became obvious that Alessi was not going to place charges, and Coombs started to leave, Alessi said, “Another place, another place – you’ll get yours.” Coombs returned to his vehicle and left. No charges were filed. The conversation was overheard by former professional racer Lance Smail, who happened to be at the pit entrance at the time.

Moto concepts team owner just said all done for the year. Wonder if he's blowing off steam or MA800 doesn't want to pay fine. Maybe he's had enough of tony.

2013 ZX6R-636

Lifer

Am amazing story, really. The Alessi Team was featured in Dirt Rider Magazine just a few months ago. Tony spoke about how they were not treated well by Roger DeCoster while on Team Suzuki, because they had obtained Chad Reed. Mike spoke highly of the MCR Team, and said that "I would like to finish out my career with MCR" - I do not think that this is what he meant by that!
    The whole article was highlighting how much the Alessi's, as a whole, have grown up since the Ivan Tedesco incident.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast