Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Some jetting for the 426

Some jetting for the 426

Got home from work about noon today, was chilly but bright and sunny. I took the 426 out and finished converting it back to a dirtbike so i can have some fun on the ice and snow with it I knew it needed some jetting work as it was all still set up the way it came from the factory. I looked at the assortment of jets that came with the bike, 152, 158, 168 and there was a 162 in the bike. After the 45 seconds it took the remove the stock jet, i put in the 168 in and fired it up. It felt a "little" beter but i knew it needed more. I've read on thumpertalk that alot of the 426 riders drill their main jets and fine tune with a needle and pilot jet. Rather than running to the dealer and getting an assortment of jets, i got out my trusty drill bit set and started drilling I drilled the 152 out to 3/32, put it back in and started it back up. It "feels" alot beter, almost perfect. Most of the popping that it had when i let off the gas is gone and it feels much stronger up in the higher rpms. Good throttle responce with a ever so slight burp off idle? I'll mess with the needle some other time. Not sure how well this setup will work when it warms up for racing at loudon
    Just messing around with this bike today puts a huge smile on my face again, lotta fun

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Some jetting for the 426

I am buying a dirtbike soon

G-man

Gerard

Some jetting for the 426

You've been saying that for the last 2 years How soon is soon, within the next 10 years

Yamaha