Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41415161718192021222324
Results 576 to 597 of 597

Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

  1. #576
    Backwoods lobster boy number9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hanover, NH
    Posts
    3,481

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!


    Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    found the pic i took ... so delicious ... RM250 motor in a later RMZ450 frame

    Current issue of Dirt Bike magazine has a CR500 engine in a CRF450R frame

    1 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

  2. #577
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,945

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Current issue of Dirt Bike magazine has a CR500 engine in a CRF450R frame
    That's called a CR500AF...

    The AF stands for Assault Frame.

    0 Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS #316 ECK Racing GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | OnTrack Media

    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  3. #578
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    48
    Posts
    13,166

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    jesus that was f'in sick ... ogled that thing (or a duplicate build) at Jersey SX last season. it was wearing black instead of white. super hot ride.
    That was cool. THAT is how you ride a 250T.

    1 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


  4. #579
    Lifer Imbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Southwick,MA
    Posts
    2,385

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    Proud to say MANY times I was able to enjoy that two stroke sound multiplied by 40 bikes, at Nationals and tons of NESC Sundays.

    Still not sick of it.

    4 Not allowed!

  5. #580
    Rookie Rada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Granville, NY
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,893

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    Pulling a holeshot at Dilla on the bigboy track with a full gate was something to behold. Did it twice and the rush and fear were off the chart. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. The sound of 40 250s at full song waiting for the gate to drop is awesome.

    1 Not allowed!

  6. #581
    Lifer Imbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Southwick,MA
    Posts
    2,385

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    Good point...I’ve pulled the hole shot before on a gate of 40 two strokes too, and it feels like you can hear every single one behind you, going down the washboard after the first turn at Southwick...on one shoulder is the devil saying “PINNNN ITTTT MOFO! YOU GOT THE HOLESHOT! YOU’RE GONNA WINNNNNNNN!” and on the other shoulder is that asshole Mr Logical saying “but don’t go TOO fast cuz if you crash, it’s gonna be carnage you won’t believe, and you won’t like 78 knobby tracks across your body after getting run over by every one of 39 bikes trying to pass your ass!”

    0 Not allowed!

  7. #582
    Rookie Rada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Granville, NY
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,893

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    Good point...I’ve pulled the hole shot before on a gate of 40 two strokes too, and it feels like you can hear every single one behind you, going down the washboard after the first turn at Southwick...on one shoulder is the devil saying “PINNNN ITTTT MOFO! YOU GOT THE HOLESHOT! YOU’RE GONNA WINNNNNNNN!” and on the other shoulder is that asshole Mr Logical saying “but don’t go TOO fast cuz if you crash, it’s gonna be carnage you won’t believe, and you won’t like 78 knobby tracks across your body after getting run over by every one of 39 bikes trying to pass your ass!”
    I've got the leg X-rays and crutches to show for what happens when it goes wrong.. Three wide. me in the middle. bumped my brake lever on the guy to my inside.. It was on like donkey kong. Lol

    3 Not allowed!

  8. #583

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    wow...that video was cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    “but don’t go TOO fast cuz if you crash, it’s gonna be carnage you won’t believe, and you won’t like 78 knobby tracks across your body after getting run over by every one of 39 bikes trying to pass your ass!”
    well written...I can visualize this

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 03-14-18 at 02:01 AM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke
    instagram @cali2t

  9. #584
    #494
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rochester MA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    691

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    https://youtu.be/36QLkPIP9jo

    Sorry if it's a repost but it's one of the better ones all the way through....Jarvis always entertains.

    0 Not allowed!

  10. #585
    Lifer typeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central MA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,315

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    HOLY CRAP !

    NEW 125CC ALL STAR SERIES BRINGS TWO-STROKES BACK TO LUCAS OIL PRO MOTOCROSS

    MX338 is included

    http://racerxonline.com/2018/04/17/n...s-championship

    2 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

  11. #586
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    48
    Posts
    13,166

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    HOLY CRAP !

    NEW 125CC ALL STAR SERIES BRINGS TWO-STROKES BACK TO LUCAS OIL PRO MOTOCROSS

    MX338 is included

    http://racerxonline.com/2018/04/17/n...s-championship
    Berry interesting.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


  12. #587
    Lifer typeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central MA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,315

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    man, this is a gorgeous build. i always loved the look of my '87 CR125R, you just can't go wrong with that classic color combo w/minimal graphics. gold rims FTMFW.. .



    https://dirtbikemagazine.com/two-str...by-moto-whips/

    1 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

  13. #588
    Backwoods lobster boy number9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hanover, NH
    Posts
    3,481

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    man, this is a gorgeous build. i always loved the look of my '87 CR125R, you just can't go wrong with that classic color combo w/minimal graphics. gold rims FTMFW.. .
    If you liked that, you'll like this. Friend of a friend is doing a painstaking rebuild of a '92 RM250:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv_d...5SJzNKBRVOG9Sb

    1 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

  14. #589
    Lifer typeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central MA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,315

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    If you liked that, you'll like this. Friend of a friend is doing a painstaking rebuild of a '92 RM250:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv_d...5SJzNKBRVOG9Sb
    that's a great project and sweet vid. i was about to go all-in on Yellow around '89 or so after being dedicated to Red. still wish i did. RM is the only 2T i've never ridden.

    0 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

  15. #590
    Lifer Kurlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Waterboro ME
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,119

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    FUUUUUUUCK Suzuki for using cheese head JIS SCREWS on the rotors?!

    0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / 2000 LS650P

  16. #591
    Rookie Rada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Granville, NY
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,893

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    FUUUUUUUCK Suzuki for using cheese head JIS SCREWS on the rotors?!
    In my experience they used cheaper materials than Honda and Yamaha. More than shitty screws.. Lol

    0 Not allowed!

  17. #592
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,945

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    that's a great project and sweet vid. i was about to go all-in on Yellow around '89 or so after being dedicated to Red. still wish i did. RM is the only 2T i've never ridden.
    I used to have an 05 rm125. Loved that weapon. Pro circuit porting, pipe, and boyesen rad valve. That thing never gave out on the top end. Carried out forever! Such a great bike!

    1 Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS #316 ECK Racing GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | OnTrack Media

    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  18. #593
    Lifer typeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central MA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,315

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!


    2 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

  19. #594
    Backwoods lobster boy number9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hanover, NH
    Posts
    3,481

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    I wouldn't say no to a 150SX...

    1 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

  20. #595
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,945

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    I used to have an 05 rm125. Loved that weapon. Pro circuit porting, pipe, and boyesen rad valve. That thing never gave out on the top end. Carried out forever! Such a great bike!
    This reminded me I had some old ass YouTube vids out there of that bike...




    2 Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS #316 ECK Racing GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | OnTrack Media

    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  21. #596
    Lifer typeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central MA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,315

    Re: Let's liven up this forum... 2 STROKE!

    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    This reminded me I had some old ass YouTube vids out there of that bike...]
    what a gorgeous piece of property ... JDay style grass track NESR comp ?? (hint: the answer is yes)

    0 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR

  22. #597

    0 Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke
    instagram @cali2t

Similar Threads

  1. 2 Stroke in modern 4 stroke chassis
    By REXXX in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-09-10, 01:23 PM
  2. Neat old two stroke
    By gregp in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-10, 09:54 AM
  3. One HELLUVA '77 two stroke!
    By OreoGaborio in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-06-08, 11:08 AM
  4. My new 2-stroke...
    By Tricky Mike in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-23-06, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •