Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

how mad should i be?

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Re: how mad should i be?

Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    He's as light as a ton of feathers.
    ill have you know im only an 1/8th of a ton

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    ill have you know im only an 1/8th of a ton
    how about if you shaved your sideburns??
    (dont do that though, just asking for a friend)

I'd say 13-13.5psi would be a good place to be up front for a man of your stature on a 2t. there's no pokey-pokes inside the wheel, right?

Also, if you're reading this and thinking to yourself (any of you) "I'm a sit down rider"...break that habit yesterday. Just like coming across the transitions at Loudon, your body needs to be part of the suspension, not dead weight on the seat. Take an active role in your attack, instead of reactive.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

Works for sumo too. I was having trouble getting through the dirt section at Boxshop while remaining upright on the new WR... then I stood the fuck up.. suddenly I'm right side up and actually almost making some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    how about if you shaved your sideburns??
    (dont do that though, just asking for a friend)
    they are attached to my beard now so it would be weird

I'd say 13-13.5psi would be a good place to be up front for a man of your stature on a 2t. there's no pokey-pokes inside the wheel, right?
    noted. ill start there. ill check for foreign objects when i change the tube

Also, if you're reading this and thinking to yourself (any of you) "I'm a sit down rider"...break that habit yesterday. Just like coming across the transitions at Loudon, your body needs to be part of the suspension, not dead weight on the seat. Take an active role in your attack, instead of reactive.
    i bet i spent 70% of my time standing on saturday. much better. less tired. less pain. more control. need taller bars though

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

What a chore getting a new tube in today. Seems i ripped the valve stem off this one too. I installed a bead lock this time. I dont know what tube freedom put in there but it was the stiffest tube ive ever seen. I mean, with no valve stem and a 3" slit i cut in it as a finger hold to pull it out, i was able to roll it all the way across the shop. It was like 2mm thick.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Are you saying you did not have a bead lock previously? If that is the case then it makes sense that you got a flat by ripping the valve stem out of the tube. Dirt tires will slide on the rim with very little provocation if not secured via bead lock or tubliss tire system.

The ultra heavy duty Michelin tubes I use are like that too. As long as I don't pinch them with the tire levers installing them they typically last forever.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

+1 quality rim lock def needed and torqued to spec. always scares me wrenching down on those things, some of them recommend ~14 ft-lbs

if the tube was that stiff, prob a 4mm. what a bitch those things are!

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    What a chore getting a new tube in today. Seems i ripped the valve stem off this one too. I installed a bead lock this time. I dont know what tube freedom put in there but it was the stiffest tube ive ever seen. I mean, with no valve stem and a 3" slit i cut in it as a finger hold to pull it out, i was able to roll it all the way across the shop. It was like 2mm thick.
    I changed a dirt bike tube recently. It was one of the single most physically frustrating things I've ever done.. and I've done all of your Moms.

I ended up getting it all back together and the tire would only hold air for an hour. Turns out I ripped the tube while installing it. What a cunt of a job! Sorry, just had to rant...

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

I couldn't get the bead to stay down. Had a guy at work help me. We used the pneumatic beadbreaker and managed to get a tire iron in. He swore there was still air in it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123