Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 59 of 59

how mad should i be?

  1. #51
    First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Farmington
    Age
    42
    Posts
    17,328

    Re: how mad should i be?


    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    He's as light as a ton of feathers.
    ill have you know im only an 1/8th of a ton

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

  2. #52
    Lifer Chippertheripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    the fairest of havens
    Age
    41
    Posts
    13,990

    Re: how mad should i be?

    Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    ill have you know im only an 1/8th of a ton
    how about if you shaved your sideburns??
    (dont do that though, just asking for a friend)

    I'd say 13-13.5psi would be a good place to be up front for a man of your stature on a 2t. there's no pokey-pokes inside the wheel, right?

    Also, if you're reading this and thinking to yourself (any of you) "I'm a sit down rider"...break that habit yesterday. Just like coming across the transitions at Loudon, your body needs to be part of the suspension, not dead weight on the seat. Take an active role in your attack, instead of reactive.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

  3. #53
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    17,081

    Re: how mad should i be?

    Works for sumo too. I was having trouble getting through the dirt section at Boxshop while remaining upright on the new WR... then I stood the fuck up.. suddenly I'm right side up and actually almost making some time.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #54
    First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Farmington
    Age
    42
    Posts
    17,328

    Re: how mad should i be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    how about if you shaved your sideburns??
    (dont do that though, just asking for a friend)
    they are attached to my beard now so it would be weird

    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I'd say 13-13.5psi would be a good place to be up front for a man of your stature on a 2t. there's no pokey-pokes inside the wheel, right?
    noted. ill start there. ill check for foreign objects when i change the tube

    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Also, if you're reading this and thinking to yourself (any of you) "I'm a sit down rider"...break that habit yesterday. Just like coming across the transitions at Loudon, your body needs to be part of the suspension, not dead weight on the seat. Take an active role in your attack, instead of reactive.
    i bet i spent 70% of my time standing on saturday. much better. less tired. less pain. more control. need taller bars though

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

  5. #55
    First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Farmington
    Age
    42
    Posts
    17,328

    Re: how mad should i be?

    What a chore getting a new tube in today. Seems i ripped the valve stem off this one too. I installed a bead lock this time. I dont know what tube freedom put in there but it was the stiffest tube ive ever seen. I mean, with no valve stem and a 3" slit i cut in it as a finger hold to pull it out, i was able to roll it all the way across the shop. It was like 2mm thick.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

  6. #56
    ^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,327

    Re: how mad should i be?

    Are you saying you did not have a bead lock previously? If that is the case then it makes sense that you got a flat by ripping the valve stem out of the tube. Dirt tires will slide on the rim with very little provocation if not secured via bead lock or tubliss tire system.

    The ultra heavy duty Michelin tubes I use are like that too. As long as I don't pinch them with the tire levers installing them they typically last forever.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #57
    Lifer typeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central MA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,950

    Re: how mad should i be?

    +1 quality rim lock def needed and torqued to spec. always scares me wrenching down on those things, some of them recommend ~14 ft-lbs

    if the tube was that stiff, prob a 4mm. what a bitch those things are!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

  8. #58
    Backwoods lobster boy number9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hanover, NH
    Posts
    4,280

    Re: how mad should i be?

    Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    What a chore getting a new tube in today. Seems i ripped the valve stem off this one too. I installed a bead lock this time. I dont know what tube freedom put in there but it was the stiffest tube ive ever seen. I mean, with no valve stem and a 3" slit i cut in it as a finger hold to pull it out, i was able to roll it all the way across the shop. It was like 2mm thick.
    I changed a dirt bike tube recently. It was one of the single most physically frustrating things I've ever done.. and I've done all of your Moms.

    I ended up getting it all back together and the tire would only hold air for an hour. Turns out I ripped the tube while installing it. What a cunt of a job! Sorry, just had to rant...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

  9. #59
    First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Farmington
    Age
    42
    Posts
    17,328

    Re: how mad should i be?

    I couldn't get the bead to stay down. Had a guy at work help me. We used the pneumatic beadbreaker and managed to get a tire iron in. He swore there was still air in it

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •