Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Motorsports Int Mass OHV Riding Areas Event Nov 12

Motorsports Int Mass OHV Riding Areas Event Nov 12

the RI dirtbiking thread got me curious, did any Mass riders attend the Motorsports International OHV event last night? i had it on the calendar but couldn't escape work in time. would like to join the next one.

anyone go and have feedback? i guess ~100 people showed up, ~3000 were interested. nice to hear.

Massachusetts has an OHV Coordinator, Scott Morrill, who has been working to increase mileage and open new areas.

He needs the backing of OHV Clubs and enthusiasts to help him.

Attend an Open House at Motorsports International to hear directly from Scott about his work. Then find out how you can help.

When: Nov 12 at 6pm
    Where: Motorsports International
    444 Washington St
    Auburn, MA

This open house will be followed up by 2 workshops which will also be held at Motorsports International as follow-up session to give you the tools you need to help.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Lifer

Re: Motorsports Int Mass OHV Riding Areas Event Nov 12

Unfortunately, I was one of the 3k interested. It is tough to do mid-week for many of us. I would have loved to hear what Scott had to say.

thanks, Greg. yeah, same here ... i guess they have picked Tues evenings for the two remaining follow-up sessions, which apparently will be more in-depth (?) i'll have to plan for that next time.

if i see any report from the discussion last night i'll post here.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

A brief rundown of the meeting.

There needs to be more coordination of all the clubs to form one voice when it comes to stopping the shutting down of existing trail riding areas.
    How to open up riding areas by accessing grant money and purchasing the land. This is accomplished by club support as large groups have more presence and can provide man hours to monitor and repair trail conditions.

How good public relations in shared use trails goes a long way to recognizing that motorized vehicles are ridden by good people and not 1% lifers giving everyone grief. Take a note from the snowmobile clubs on parking lot repairs and trail preservation work days.

Lots of people went expecting more actionable things to open trails. They were a bit disappointed. The real need is for everyone to form one tribe that funnels through Scott Morrill and use the system he is very familiar with to work with us rather than against us. There is a lot of money available for this if accessed correctly.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Send cash... I need a track day

Quote Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
    The real need is for everyone to form one tribe that funnels through Scott Morrill and use the system he is very familiar with to work with us rather than against us. There is a lot of money available for this if accessed correctly.
    that's reassuring to hear. thanks for the recap! i'll def be at the next one.

my town has quite a few meetings about trail use but mostly hiking. i'll have to seek out anything about snowmobile use, not sure if any of it is legal. when i first moved here i attempted to join the local rod and gun club to access their trails. they had no interest in a dirt biker being part of their club. gotta work to change that mentality somehow. i still think Hodges is an excellent example of mixed use done right but there are definitely idiots who still abuse it. having the river split the join helps a lot.

Beta 200RR