Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Mototown is a go...yay

Re: Mototown is a go...yay

Hmmm... when you're at the top of your field, you generally get paid for your knowledge and experience. It would suck to have it be otherwise.

Now, if all we do is hang out, then I'd pay a little just to ride his track, if he teaches me, observes me, gives me feedback, then I'd pay a lot more.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Heh, guess I should have used <sarcasm> tags for that post. Sometimes I have an odd sense of humor I guess.

Believe me, I'm absolutely stoked that Eric and Jeff offer these classes. I've learned tons from them and am quite certain they've barely scratched the surface with me yet. And I have no problems chipping in if I'm playing on someone else's track even for just a goof off day, or paying a proper price for instruction if available.

Quote Originally Posted by hessogood View Post
    Agreed, or like Eliss said, give them an hour session sometime in between. With this structure of 20 minutes on 20 minutes off I was pretty much the only one ever resting so everyone was on the track the whole time.
    Agreed - I am not nearly as sore today as I was after my last adventure there. I think a large part of that is much less time on the track. It was cute to watch the little kiddies bomb around but if I'm paying for a 2 hour session I want 2 hours available to me to ride unless its something like track maitenance that holds things up for a bit. Also the little kiddies dug out some nasty ruts in bad places.

Don't get me wrong... it was still good, still fun, actually hit 2nd gear a few times, got some decent (for me) air... but they need to have separate times and or sessions for the little ones... and teach them to only run their bikes while riding not rev the crap outta them while sitting still fumes were bad - I had a headache till 10pm.

One other factor is people were trying to ride the full 20 mins so even the good people started getting sloppy, crossing over when jumping, falling over... its safer when people feel they have enough time to go on and off as they get tired.

I'd be interested in the Pengiun dirt school too

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Quote Originally Posted by seth399 View Post
    Jeffs track kinda freaked me out, not the jumps or anything it just wasn't a track I would want to try and go full out on...but I'm a bitch
    You bitch. That's part of the fun. I love railing around the Woodchip Berm after the Narbonner and getting all sideways (meaning I screwed up) and heading towards the Consequence Hole. Gives great incentive to get the bike under control! =] But yea it *is* a private practice track not a AMA National-level course bro, gotta keep that in mind. Sort of like racing at Loudon. Hehe.

Union: Same track with some minor tweaks.

All: Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by a13x; 12-31-09 at 01:17 PM.
    Boston --> San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    You bitch. That's part of the fun. I love railing around the Woodchip Berm after the Narbonner and getting all sideways (meaning I screwed up) and heading towards the Consequence Hole. Gives great incentive to get the bike under control! =] But yea it *is* a private practice track not a AMA National-level course bro, gotta keep that in mind. Sort of like racing at Loudon. Hehe.

Union: Same track with some minor tweaks.

All: Thanks for the feedback.
    Ya not putting it down at all, still fun nonetheless....I like that berm too!

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Quote Originally Posted by seth399 View Post
    Ya not putting it down at all, still fun nonetheless....I like that berm too!
    I know. I'm just busting yo balls

Boston --> San Diego

Wow, I haven't been on here in a while and had no idea Mototown was open again...

I went to the town dump to get rid of my x-mas tree yesterday and saw a pickup with a mini-mx bike in the back. (I live really close to Mototown) I watch him turn into Mototowns complex and think, "Where the hell is he going?!?" I followed him in and saw tons of trucks/bikes in the parking lot.

I'm definitely down to go riding at Mototown. I loved going there last year. I'll keep my eyes open to see when you guys are going.

John

04 KTM 125SX
    05 CBR600RR
    07 KTM 250XC-W

Anyone up for playing hooky from work on a wed or thurs to do some riding? I want to ride the new on a MX track 250 before I set it up for the woods.

James

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    Anyone up for playing hooky from work on a wed or thurs to do some riding? I want to ride the new on a MX track 250 before I set it up for the woods.
    Sounds like fun to me. Maybe next week, I'll check at work tomorrow.

-Brian
    15 S-Works Venge

Want to, but can't do it midweek. How about Sat.?

Paul_E_D

Wirelessly posted (TELECA-/2.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; EN-US; SAMSUNG; SPH-M810; Teleca/Q05A/INT) MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Paul the weekends work but Id prefer weekdays. Im not good at mx and Im on a new bike. Id like to avoid the weekend crowd. If I could get out there with 10 other guys at the most it would be perfect. Ill probably be rolling most of the jumps all day so I dont need Mcgraths out there landing on me and I dont want to be in the way either. If I pick it up and improve a bit then Id be in for weekends all the times

James

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567