Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

MX207 - 11/21

MX207 - 11/21

Perfect day today for open practice. Bright and sunny, cold but no breeze to aggrivate it and once the sun came out it really wasn't all that cold either. Very few people so you could run whatever pace you wanted without traffic, and it didn't get all rutted up. There was enough moisture in the ground to keep it from getting dusty too which was nice.

The Rad Roach runs, jetting isn't perfect but when it's on the pipe yee-fricken-haw! The tires are done so little traction, which made it fun to light up and slide around. Suspension is also sacked out, no surprise there. Bike tracked true though, it goes right were I aimed it and never tried to buck me astray. The clutch needs help, it got a bit better as the day went on but still drags a lot. What I found really odd is if you kick it into 1st, clutch lever in, rear brake on it'll idle with a little drag for a second then it acts like you're letting the lever out, slipping less and less?

In any case, had a fun morning work out and break in session, now I have to clean the poor thing as I did a good job covering it with dirt.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: MX207 - 11/21

Wow! Maiden voyage on the phoenix must have felt good. The suspension prolly feels sacked out cause its a woods bike on an mx track. My KDX felt sacked out on a track, but great in the woods. I rebuilt it all though...

Suprised 207 is still open. daily frosting/thawing usually leads to a rutted track.

Paul_E_D

congrats! great to hear that it works and you're enjoying it

have you tried it in the woods yet?

Not yet, too much going on today and I don't know where any trails are. I also need to fix the clutch before I try as I can see it getting me into trouble REAL quick. : )

nice, cool you made it out!

LRRS #399
    MX #505