Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Neck Collars?

Neck Collars?

Looking at neck collars for myself and my son. After going superman 1 or three times in the sand I think it may be a good idea. My son gets hyped over gear which is nice so it isn't a problem at all for me to get him safety equipment.

Good idea? Bad idea?

Prices range from $30 for just a foam pad one to to $300+ for a fancy one.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Neck Collars?

Saw this, thought of your thread here. Not sure how old your son is or if this will fit, but Leatt is probably the top name in neck braces
    https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/l...#post-46124491

I actually have an adult-sized version of the same model that I’m not using anymore. I’ll see if I can find it and post pics

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MattR302 View Post
    Saw this, thought of your thread here. Not sure how old your son is or if this will fit, but Leatt is probably the top name in neck braces
    https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/l...#post-46124491

I actually have an adult-sized version of the same model that I’m not using anymore. I’ll see if I can find it and post pics
    Thanks! I just messaged the guy.

I bought it, thanks dude! Now I just need to find one for me!

Here ya go. Like I said, same one except adult size. Has the manual and all the bits and pieces for adjusting to fit, and the optional chest strap.
    How bout the same $90 shipped?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Neck Collars?-3da10032-fc57-4484-a7bc-917a8c32d5c1   Neck Collars?-6a0e9e66-8197-4d09-99c9-5a513c3472ba   Neck Collars?-c77d705a-75ec-46df-981e-b12b68fe64a1  

Here ya go. Like I said, same one except adult size. Has the manual and all the bits and pieces for adjusting to fit, and the optional chest strap.
    That's the one I have. Works great. I saw it save a friends neck and bought one immediately.

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

I"m wearing one.. for how old I am and how much is dependent on me for family... ( besides the fact that they would have to potentially take care of me 24/7) I'll deal with the annoying side effects.

hmmmm......

Sounds good!

PM incoming!

looks like i'm late for feedback but another Leatt user here, on my second one (5.5) ... one of my kids, the 10 y/o, wears the Alpinestars Sequence youth neck roll, fits and works great. the younger one, 8 y/o, does not wear one, not enough room between helmet and CP.

Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    looks like i'm late for feedback but another Leatt user here, on my second one (5.5) ... one of my kids, the 10 y/o, wears the Alpinestars Sequence youth neck roll, fits and works great. the younger one, 8 y/o, does not wear one, not enough room between helmet and CP.
    Hmmm, hopefully the collar fits my son... I think he is due for a new larger helmet finally as well.

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Hmmm, hopefully the collar fits my son... I think he is due for a new larger helmet finally as well.
    yeah, just make sure it doesn't interfere too much. if the helmet has a low base and they don't have a long neck, there isn't enough room and it will cause issues looking forward/up/down. same for an adult.

my latest helmet, Acerbis, has an extended back to it (similar to Airoh) rather than rounded like my TLDs, on the fence about ditching the brace because of this but i really like how my brace/CP/water pack feel together.

Beta 200RR