Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NESC Round 2 #227 Race report

NESC Round 2 #227 Race report

So Saturday night i go over my buddies house and help him get his bike ready for Sundays race over at Crow Hill, heading home around 10 and i decide ya know what i'm doing my first motocross race tomorrow! Got home got all my gear together and got to bed around 11. Up at 6 on Sunday morning, get the bike loaded and head towards the track. Got to the track around 730, brought the bike over to C-Cylces, had him dial in my suspension (which was way off because i have gained a few pounds, sag was WAY off, handles like a dream now) after that i went and got registered, did my practice session, felt pretty good on the bike, i was comfortable jumping, cornering etc... it just felt really good!

So head up for my first race, gates are PACKED, guy doing the gates looks at me and i go is this race 2? he goes no this is race 4, i'm like how did i miss 2 races its race 1 out there now, he basically just ignores me walks away, goes and drops the gate and comes back and goes that was race 2, needless to day everyone was already 4 corners in by the time i even got around the gates and started, I knew i had my work cut out so i was crankin, hit the 60 or 80 footer top of 4th pinned, totally overhshot it, almost went down but saved it, by corner 6 i think it is, i had already passed 3 people, i was CRANKING! Came over this little whoop that dives right into a corner, had way to much speed and went right off the corner flipped the bike, got back up and tries to play catch up again but there was just no chance of it happening! Somehow the Trackside printout of the results showed me in 9th place out of like 40-45 but i don't think that is accurate at all!

Second race the gates again were packed, i got a really clean start, somewhere in 10-15th place, avoided the big crash into turn 1, held that spot for almost a full lap, front washed out in a corner, couldn't even get a kick in to start the bike without 4 people hitting me, and they were all very intentional hits from peoples rear tires, Bad sportsmanship in my book, but i'm the type that will stop and loose the race before i will hit someone or there bike (if avoidable). Finally got started, by that point everyone had passed me and i was again playing catch up, came to a little jump that had become very very rutted, tires cross rutted and sent me to the ground pretty hard, headache set in, i completed the lap but not the race, went and ate and drank some water hoping to get out for my second motos but i knew the track was just to beat and my headache just would not give! so i packed up and headed home.

Overall was a real good day, I need to learn to ride ruts and i would quickly drop alot of time! I really wish crow hill would make there berms last a little longer, they have a nice flowing track but the corners just end and its drop offs on the side which to me sucks, maybe i just need to turn earlier, who knows but the few people i did talk with agreed with me that the way they just end berms is a big negative! The track got really beat, it was a very packed race day, usually the c and novice class grids are 20-30 people, today it was in the 40-50 range so that definitely didn't help being my first race but i'm hoping to do a few more this year!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Corey

Re: NESC Round 2 #227 Race report

The races at Capeway in Middleboro are much cleaner racing. Practice days at Crow Hill are pretty nice though, especially Tuesdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
    The races at Capeway in Middleboro are much cleaner racing. Practice days at Crow Hill are pretty nice though, especially Tuesdays.
    i've heard capeway is a really terrible track though, i haven't ridden it just heard alot of negatives about it! Someday i'll get down there, Wareham has a fall series starting up soon so i might do some of that, they have done alot of work and it looks much cleaner then it used to be! I liked crowhill, i liked the racing, just need to ride more and the announcement system SUCKS!!!

Corey

Nice job getting out there!

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

^^ agreed, nice work. 40 deep is a big grid!

even though that place gets chewed up, riding rough tracks will make you faster in the long run.

Beta 200RR

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

My god that is a huge grid. Glad that you had fun!