Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NETRA 2009

NETRA 2009

NETRA event list is huge this season.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Re: NETRA 2009

nice, a dude was talking to me about this at mototown and really pushing that I should try one out...might be fun but I'm one of those pusses that doesn't want to trash the 'mx' bike

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Give it a try and you might just get hooked.
    The winter HS requires studs.
    MX guys do well, but the race is a couple of hours long. I think it beats going around in the circle though, which I also like, just not as much.

I would like to do the snow run Enduro again. I broke my neck there last year and I am almost healed up enough. It was my 1st Enduro.
    If I get my tires worked out I want to go.

The enduro seems like much less stress IMO. The trails are not as beat as you only pass over them once. I liked the feeling of going somewhere. I had no idea of time keeping and just rode for the ride of it. Before my crash I was having the best ride of my life.

I think I may be a regular on the Turkey Run Series.
    100 plus miles of awsome, legal for the day trails.
    OT

It pays to play.

Ride fast,
    You will get farther before it is over!

is that the difference with enduro and hare scramble series, one long loop vs having laps? I think I will definitely try to make one in decent weather.

Glad to hear you are healing up.

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Littering and........

I'm excited to try some of these dates. Just have to make it to ones that are within a couple of hours of VT.

Quote Originally Posted by out thumped View Post
    Give it a try and you might just get hooked.
    The winter HS requires studs.
    MX guys do well, but the race is a couple of hours long. I think it beats going around in the circle though, which I also like, just not as much.

I would like to do the snow run Enduro again. I broke my neck there last year and I am almost healed up enough. It was my 1st Enduro.
    If I get my tires worked out I want to go.

The enduro seems like much less stress IMO. The trails are not as beat as you only pass over them once. I liked the feeling of going somewhere. I had no idea of time keeping and just rode for the ride of it. Before my crash I was having the best ride of my life.

I think I may be a regular on the Turkey Run Series.
    100 plus miles of awsome, legal for the day trails.
    OT
    I thought I was the only one that broke they're neck in the NETRA enduro's last year. I went down at the Tri-state enduro. I certainly know what you had to deal with. I returned to riding in Sept, but just got comfortable to the point I don't think about it while riding.
    Anyone thats on the fence about coming and riding this hare scramble, they do have a sportsman class. Its an option if you want to feel it out, but not want to much pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by seth505 View Post
    is that the difference with enduro and hare scramble series, one long loop vs having laps? I think I will definitely try to make one in decent weather.

Glad to hear you are healing up.
    Enduro can be one big loop or multi loop, most are 60+ miles. Riders are sent out in rows four at a time, every minute. You are suppose to ride the course and stay ontime, based on the set course speed, say 18 or 24 mph. Easier said than done, even the fastest riders can't zero the whole course. Hidden checkpoints are spread out along the course, as you pass through checkworkers mark a card placed on your bike, if you arrive ONTIME you would score a ZERO. If you come in late, say 5 minutes, score is a 5, its better to be late than early. If you arrive early, called a BURN, 1 minute early adds 2 to your score, 2 minutes early get you a 7. Lowest score wins! Terrain is mixed, everything from pavement to dirt roads, and the nastiest mud and hill climbs they can find.

Kevin

nice, a dude was talking to me about this at mototown and really pushing that I should try one out...might be fun but I'm one of those pusses that doesn't want to trash the 'mx' bike
    Recently, a bunch of my buds having been going there lately,woods bikes do take a beating.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Recently, a bunch of my buds having been going there lately,woods bikes do take a beating.

Kevin
    this guy had 2 ktms, one nice one and one he said he beats the bag out of...I think they were both 2strokes

LRRS #399
    MX #505

wow, these look pretty cool

what sort of bike would be best suited for these runs if one were to start out?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhavesh View Post
    wow, these look pretty cool

what sort of bike would be best suited for these runs if one were to start out?
    Depends on the rider, as far as experiance and skill. Generally, something you feel comfortable riding for 2hrs, in mud and rocks. Ktm woods bikes,KDX 200's are very capable with some porting, I wouldn't recomend a 250 two stroke mx bike to anyone starting out though. Alot of guys look down at the KDX's. You would be surprised how fast you can go 90 minutes into a race on a bike like that, when the whole time your trying to go as fast as you possibly can, as opposed to having to ride conservative on something that has more power than you need. Tim

My buddy has 2 KTM's an 08 sxf and 07 xcwf, both are 4 strokes though.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by netra709 View Post
    Depends on the rider, as far as experiance and skill. Generally, something you feel comfortable riding for 2hrs, in mud and rocks. Ktm woods bikes,KDX 200's are very capable with some porting, I wouldn't recomend a 250 two stroke mx bike to anyone starting out though. Alot of guys look down at the KDX's. You would be surprised how fast you can go 90 minutes into a race on a bike like that, when the whole time your trying to go as fast as you possibly can, as opposed to having to ride conservative on something that has more power than you need. Tim
    I'd second that. The KDX 200/220's are relatively cheap, reliable, easy to start and simply awesome for any NETRA event. They can take a beating and keep on ticking, and they can be made to perform reasonably well with a few mods.
    I would actually like to buy another one.

Littering and........

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    I'd second that. The KDX 200/220's are relatively cheap, reliable, easy to start and simply awesome for any NETRA event. They can take a beating and keep on ticking, and they can be made to perform reasonably well with a few mods.
    I would actually like to buy another one.
    I have one.

I have an '03 KDX220, its a terrific woods bike.

I know of an A rider that went from a KDX to a YZ 250, the following year he was back on the KDX, he said was called self preservation. MX bikes can become a lot to handle once you get tired. KDX's really hold their own in the woods.

Kevin

I know of an A rider that went from a KDX to a YZ 250, the following year he was back on the KDX, he said was called self preservation. MX bikes can become a lot to handle once you get tired. KDX's really hold their own in the woods.

Kevin
    Todd Dombrowski? For awhile he was like the Jeff Freddette of NETRA with his kdx's. I'm curious how my bike choice this year works out, I broke my own rules. I raced a Ktm 200 last year, great bike and still have it. You can spend the day trying just trying to keep the throttle pegged. I picked up a Husky 610 awhile back(the one that hasn't run in 2 months now) and decided I needed another big fourstroke. I picked up a 09 KX450f a month ago and have been getting it set for the woods. I'm, taking the 450 to the hare scramble next weekend, but have a feeling I'm going to start the season on the 200 and switch over to the 450 when I'm stronger. Tim

Last edited by netra709; 01-11-09 at 05:40 PM.

Enduro can be one big loop or multi loop, most are 60+ miles. Riders are sent out in rows four at a time, every minute. You are suppose to ride the course and stay ontime, based on the set course speed, say 18 or 24 mph. Easier said than done, even the fastest riders can't zero the whole course. Hidden checkpoints are spread out along the course, as you pass through checkworkers mark a card placed on your bike, if you arrive ONTIME you would score a ZERO. If you come in late, say 5 minutes, score is a 5, its better to be late than early. If you arrive early, called a BURN, 1 minute early adds 2 to your score, 2 minutes early get you a 7. Lowest score wins! Terrain is mixed, everything from pavement to dirt roads, and the nastiest mud and hill climbs they can find.

Kevin
    Don't forget that most enduro's require a street plate and the hair scrambles don't
    I went to spectate the Knox Hair scramble 2 seasons ago, pretty impressive to watch for sure

Yamaha

Todd Dombrowski? For awhile he was like the Jeff Freddette of NETRA with his kdx's. I'm curious how my bike choice this year works out, I broke my own rules. I raced a Ktm 200 last year, great bike and still have it. You can spend the day trying just trying to keep the throttle pegged. I picked up a Husky 610 awhile back(the one that hasn't run in 2 months now) and decided I needed another big fourstroke. I picked up a 09 KX450f a month ago and have been getting it set for the woods. I', taking the 450 to the hare scramble next weekend, but have a feeling I'm going to start the season on the 200 and switch over to the 450 when I'm stronger. Tim
    No,
    Bob White was the guy I was talking about, he's out of NJ but likes the New England terrain. I'm an enduro guy,I took last season off to have a child. I'm looking to get a KTM 200 or YZ 125 or maybe a 250 xcwf to replace my 04 CFR 250X.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Don't forget that most enduro's require a street plate and the hair scrambles don't
    I went to spectate the Knox Hair scramble 2 seasons ago, pretty impressive to watch for sure
    so if I have a kx250 its safer to show up to hare scramble and be able to ride for sure? aha

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Yes, For you to ride an enduro, plan on headlight, tailight(battery powered are acceptable), spark arrester, street plates and insurance. It seems like alot to race enduros, but it really is worth it. For a hare scramble, you just need to pass the sound test.

Yes, For you to ride an enduro, plan on headlight, tailight(battery powered are acceptable), spark arrester, street plates and insurance. It seems like alot to race enduros, but it really is worth it. For a hare scramble, you just need to pass the sound test.
    cool, do you know if stock mx bikes will pass that? I'm talking 250 2stroke with pc pipe/stock silencer or a stock 450 4stroke?

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Yes

If you don't mind doing a little work to get set up, your riding is very limited with no street plate. All you can do is ride in closed courses,if get plates you can also do Turkey Runs. And getting a plate for a KTM is nothing, and thats in MA, nevermind NH and VT are super easy.

Kevin

cool, do you know if stock mx bikes will pass that? I'm talking 250 2stroke with pc pipe/stock silencer or a stock 450 4stroke?
    A stock 250 2-smoker "should" have no problems passing sound checks, a stock MX 450 shouldn't pass the sound check but they do

Yamaha

My stock 09 KX450, never would have passed. By far the loudest bike I have had in my 26yrs of riding. I put a FMF Q4 on this week and it quieted it down nicely. Like R7 said, the 250 two stroke shouldn't have a problem, aslong as the silencer packing is good.

cool thanks guys

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast