Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

NH classic charity ride 2016

Lifer

Re: NH classic charity ride 2016

Not a problem at all. Poop happens. Ask the Sausagefest crew who waited on me when I pinched 20' into the first climb of the day.
    Just motivation to get my poop together and get back out there and run this again! (You riding this Bill?)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by nhbubba; 06-07-17 at 06:35 AM.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

He called the shit poop

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I did the southern route last year and had a blast. Threw myself on the ground a few times but i don't really recall anything super hard. I did the hero section (there was only 1 that i know of) and it was some slippery single track. That was probably the hardest part. It was some old class 6 stuff, snowmobile trails, dirt roads, and some mildly challenging double and single track.
    I'm no expert rider in the dirt either. I get by with minimal falling down. It'll be fun. Ill be there sat. New silver taco with a ktm 300

Do they have the route posted yet? The boy likes to find a spot where he can watch 'em zip on by. I know it comes up our way and we've seen the signs along some roads. But we like to find something we can access via connecting trails/private property (with permission!) and he can get his fill...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    (You riding this Bill?)
    I have a ridiculous short term work schedule at the moment so I'll be busy this weekend which means I won't be riding unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Do they have the route posted yet?
    They don't post the route to any publicly available site. You basically get the route sheets when you register and pick up your welcome package at the track. The earliest you can get it is the day before the first riding day.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    They don't post the route to any publicly available site. You basically get the route sheets when you register and pick up your welcome package at the track. The earliest you can get it is the day before the first riding day.
    Yup, now that you say it, it comes back to me. Same question in previous years, same answer!

i was up at Bergs house yesterday and saw all the arrows that mark the southern route that go through his area

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    i was up at Bergs house yesterday and saw all the arrows that mark the southern route that go through his area
    Yeah, we have plenty of those up our way too. But we see those mostly from the road. We like to try to find the local trail sections they're hitting and find a spot to watch...

Lifer

I'm shooting for both days. Gray Sidi's on a blue Yamaha is probably my distinguishing characteristic.
    That's still my first and only pinch flat I've ever had on any dirt bike.
    Tell me your secret! I swear I'm cursed*. Tubliss or similar is probably in my future. I don't care about running super low pressures so much as I hate flats.

*I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with my love of rocky sections.

nedirtriders.com

At the risk of jinxing myself...in my 20 years of riding dirt, woods only no MX track, Ive never had a flat somehow? 12lbs in front, 10lbs in rear. HD tubes. Now Ill need 10 tubes for this weekend. Ugh.

Anyway, blue and orange KTM 250xcw with bright red Red Gaerne's. Couldnt pass on the deal lol.
    Will be with a CRF450x too.

^ WOW. The all-time jinx. Walked into the garage last night and the new rear tire is flat! D'OH!!!!
    Got it fixed.
    Sunday is gonna be 90

Also found a rip in my spare air filter..ugh..any places have any in stock near there? My local dealer doesnt.

Or, if anyone has an extra-extra and wants to sell it to me up there, I'll bring cash! Would like to swap a clean one in for each day.

What a day. Weather was perfect. Plenty of mud to be had thanks to the rain all week. I only fell once. Not bad considering i havent been on the bike since last years classic.
    I also got a flat front tire about 20 or so miles in. Had a new tube installed at lunch.
    I feel like the northern loop had more dirt road and pavement than the southern route last year but maybe im wrong.
    finished 93 miles in just under 7 hours.

Last edited by SVRACER01; 06-11-17 at 09:02 AM.

Awesome weekend. Did both days. No real bike troubles (no flats!)
    Fell HARD on my shoulder on the MX track, got crossed up in a rut. Cant really lift my arm, hope it goes away. Ugh.

Some real deep mud and water out there! Good times

Sure enough, looked like a bunch of riders got somewhat lost up in our neighborhood. Which worked out good for the boy, as he stood by the road showing his KTM shirt and giving riders the thumbs-up. Was it any of you clowns clogging up the gas pumps at Blueberry Station in good ol' Barnstead Saturday?

Lifer

Great trails, but I had a rough time. Guessing I overheated myself. Saturday evening I was feeling pretty poor, and Sunday I was almost ready to call it quits half way through. Frustrating since I usually love the technical challenges and rocks. There were points I literally didn't have the strength to do basic things like get off a log. I think I'm still dehydrated, despite trying to put down as much water as possible. Maybe it was because I was beat, but the hero and super hero on this seemed like the upper end of challenging. In endurance more than technical ability. I also might have been handicapping myself. Knobs starting to round, 18psi, and soft suspension.

We had a rear flat on Saturday, and I lost the timing viewport plug not long before the gas stop on Saturday. Figured it out when my hand was near it and I felt the air blowing out. Fortunately no oil or dirt at the opening so probably came out recently. And the gas station was across the street from a hardware store.

nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    Great trails, but I had a rough time. Guessing I overheated myself. Saturday evening I was feeling pretty poor, and Sunday I was almost ready to call it quits half way through. Frustrating since I usually love the technical challenges and rocks. There were points I literally didn't have the strength to do basic things like get off a log. I think I'm still dehydrated, despite trying to put down as much water as possible. Maybe it was because I was beat, but the hero and super hero on this seemed like the upper end of challenging. In endurance more than technical ability. I also might have been handicapping myself. Knobs starting to round, 18psi, and soft suspension.

We had a rear flat on Saturday, and I lost the timing viewport plug not long before the gas stop on Saturday. Figured it out when my hand was near it and I felt the air blowing out. Fortunately no oil or dirt at the opening so probably came out recently. And the gas station was across the street from a hardware store.
    what are you riding? 18psi seems like an awful lot.
    drop me a line if you want to circumvent Freetown, I can use all the mileage I can shake my tiny pecker at.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

Yeah, 18 is high even by my standards.. and you managed a flat at those pressures?! Bummer.

yeah, i was running about 13-14 in the front and 12-13 in the rear. didnt get any flats luckily.

on another note, guys with XCW's, are you doing anything to block off the air filter area? Some spots were DEEP, and my air box had a lot of mud inside. Filter did its job, but wondering if I should block off some of those holes? Dont want it to not drain and not breathe though, so not sure?

If I remember correctly, I think the manual for my 500EXC says 15-16psi for extended on road use.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Quote Originally Posted by Puglia10 View Post
    yeah, i was running about 13-14 in the front and 12-13 in the rear. didnt get any flats luckily.

on another note, guys with XCW's, are you doing anything to block off the air filter area? Some spots were DEEP, and my air box had a lot of mud inside. Filter did its job, but wondering if I should block off some of those holes? Dont want it to not drain and not breathe though, so not sure?
    Don't fuck with the air box.
    Do buy one of those block off plates so you can take the air filter out, seal it up, and clean it all out when you wash the bike though.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Do buy one of those block off plates so you can take the air filter out, seal it up, and clean it all out when you wash the bike though.
    Que?!

Que?!
    Twin Air - Air Box Cover | MotoSport

UPGRADES

Fuckin' A, Josh.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    what are you riding? 18psi seems like an awful lot.
    drop me a line if you want to circumvent Freetown, I can use all the mileage I can shake my tiny pecker at.
    WR250F, M59/MT16, 120 wide in the rear. Asked two guys while I was wheezing on the side of the trail in Sunday's hero what they were running. Both said 12, and that's a little high for them for the event. Kinda funny to see what people's differences/preferences are.

I'd love to ride freetown again soon, but won't be happening at least in next the month or so. Definitely should happen though.
    Yeah, 18 is high even by my standards.. and you managed a flat at those pressures?! Bummer.
    Wasn't me who got the flat. But I've gotten flats at 15 in the past. I'm trying to figure out if I've just been on an unlucky streak before reluctantly going tubliss.
    If I remember correctly, I think the manual for my 500EXC says 15-16psi for extended on road use.
    Manual for the WR specs 15 as default IIRC. But I figure that's flexible depending on region. Think I've seen a manual somewhere spec different pressures for different usage. Never really struggled too badly for traction so I never really minded that much about going high. Knobs are far from new now so this might have been a combination fail.

nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    WR250F, M59/MT16, 120 wide in the rear. ... I'm trying to figure out if I've just been on an unlucky streak before reluctantly going tubliss.
    not sure if you mentioned already but what kind of tubes do you run? UHD + a quality, torqued rim lock can take a serious beating and provide nice traction at low pressures before going TUbliss. (i like 13f/8r for trail duty)

this event sounds like a blast.

Last edited by typeone; 06-13-17 at 12:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    Beta 200RR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast