Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

NH classic charity ride 2016

Lifer

Re: NH classic charity ride 2016

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    not sure if you mentioned already but what kind of tubes do you run? UHD + a quality, torqued rim lock can take a serious beating and provide nice traction at low pressures before going TUbliss. (i like 13f/8r for trail duty)

this even sounds like a blast.
    HD, not UHD. Most have been Bridgestone, MSR, and the occasional IRC. Factory rimlock. All pinches though, never torn a stem. 190lb without gear.

Ammonoosuc River event later this summer for anyone interested. Similar set-up. One day in NH, one day in VT on that one. They're kinda interesting in that it feels like you can just ride forever. No choosing which trail, and trying to make loops. Just follow the freshly ripped dirt and arrows.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

Lifer

So, I rode the Durty Dabbers National Dual Sport, in Lock Haven PA instead of the Classic this year. Dick Burlson and Mike Lafferty were there. There were Gas Gas test rides, and KTM test rides available.
    In comparison, The Dabbers ride is much more sedate, with a lot more dirt roads. Most of the "trail" sections were in ATV parks. I enjoyed sliding my 350 around on all of the dirt roads -especially on Sunday - when the temps were over 90.
    We logged over 250 miles for the weekend, and we skipped a lot of the alternate sections.
    Overall, the Durty Dabbers ride is easier than the Classic - but is is still challenging enough for an old guy like me. The atmosphere is much more relaxed than at the Classic - kids were riding all over the place - and trials expositions were all day long.
    If they fall on the same weekend again next year, I will have to make a difficult choice...

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

i really enjoyed the mx track followed by the ride through the building.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234