Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NH OHRV trail maps and descriptions?

Lifer

NH OHRV trail maps and descriptions?

What's the deal with all the OHRV riding zones? No where can you get a trail map, a description of the trails or any information on them at all. I don't want to drive way out somewhere for 3 miles of railroad bed. Anyone got reviews/descriptions of any? I guess I'm just gonna start taking my GPS and mapping all the trails I ride. It's not like these things are secret illegal places, they're legal riding zones. WTF!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Re: NH OHRV trail maps and descriptions?

Fish & Game web site has a list of trails with mileage. It might also include a short description. Nothing to great. As far as maps go for each area that is usally up to the club in that area. So it other words your gps is the besthing to do.

2004 Honda VTR
    1998 Honda VTR (Track Bike )
    1990 Honda CB-1
    1973 Yamaha RD350
    http://www.ftmsnh.com

You have been to Clough, without snow there isn't really anything else worth mentioning. Once we have snow though, come to bearbrook in Auburn. You streetbike guys will rip there. Its fast, smooth, and with screws or studs, traction is awesome. I went there with a new KX450 in January and was wringing it out like it was a 80.

Lifer

Have you been to Sullivan County ATV Club Trails (Claremont/Newport) or Little Mondadnock Family Trails (Richmond/Troy/Swanzey)? I don't like flat smooth and fast, I like technical stuff. Clough is my absolute favorite. Was thinking of making a weekend out of one of these, but I don't want to show up to ride 80 miles of flat railroad beds.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

There was another one that was technical like clough, but lacked mileage. I'll ask my brother which one it was. Most are flat and boring. I mentioned bearbrook, because I could see the streetbike guys doing very well there. I wasn't trying to say that was what you needed or anything. But to ride it, it is much more similar to what goes on at loudon, compared to dealing with muddy rocks and stuff like clough. See you in the morning. Tim

Lifer

Sweet/ From the satalite maps Little Monadnock looks like it's all woods criss-crossing power lines. I think I'm going to shoot for it next weekend. Freemont trails are mostly flat and straight too. I def like obstacles more for some reason, I suck at MX, and I scare myself going balls out in the woods. I don't want to hit a tree at the top of 5th, my helmet is way to cheap for that.

Lifer

Used my iphone to do a little mapping sunday, not the most accurate, but pretty decent. This is just some of the loops, I plan to track the rest and track where ever I ride from now on. The availability of trail maps, terrain conditions and such is horrible, so I'm going to try putting some stuff together.

Where is that Jay?

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Lifer

That's clough, upper right is the stark pond loop, upper left is the yellow trail, forget the name. Where those two straight lines come in is the parking lot. When i get the time I'll put better maps together with labels and all that, but i was pretty impressed with the free/2.99 iphone software.

Quote Originally Posted by hessogood View Post
    That's clough, upper right is the stark pond loop, upper left is the yellow trail, forget the name. Where those two straight lines come in is the parking lot. When i get the time I'll put better maps together with labels and all that, but i was pretty impressed with the free/2.99 iphone software.
    I did think that but when you were talking about troy etc.. I wasn't sure.

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

I need some flat and boring.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.