Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Nice weekend

Talking Nice weekend

I left at 3am Saturday morning to head up to my little camp in Maine. I had some work to do to the camp, I wanted to spend at least a day riding and I also wanted to spend some time with my aunt.

I pulled into my place about 8:30am and got rite to work. My plans were to install a subfloor to both the first floor and the loft, then tile them with VCT tile, nothing fancy but just to keep things clean.
    I had the first floor done by 1pm and I had kinda had enough at that point. I figured it was time to gather some firewood for the night, so my firewood collection turned into working on the trails on my land. I had to widen them up a little, pull a couple rocks, cut some roots..etc. It's a nice little loop now and you can carry some speed
    So after all that was done, I took a ride into town and got my favorite supper.. SUBWAY Brought my sandwhich back to camp and washed it down with a few blueberry beers (thanks Clayton) I got the fire going for some outside heat and light, it was getting pretty cold out. There was a huge moon out that night, harvest moon I think??

I slept pretty good considering it was 34 inside my camp when I woke up the next morning, I gotta get that little wood/coal stove

It was looking like another perfect day weather wise, I'm going riding I pack up my stuff and head to my aunts house. I had a nice little loop in mind that I wanted to try, I had about 4 hours to do it sence my aunt was planning a small cookout in the afternoon.
    There are lots of trails I had been wanting to explore in the BFD woods so figured this would be a good time to start. There were a lot of dead ends but it still could make for a 25 mile ride.

After the BFD woods, I found the trail to Kingsbury Dam. It's always a great place to stop and rest on a ride, sometimes there's even a food vendor there

Notice how clean the bike still is? It was weird how the woods were dry but the roads were wet?

I left Kingsbury and was heading to Abbot, it's about 20-25 miles away. I was almost there and I remember this little side trail that lead down to a waterfall over some flat rocks, figured it'd be a good place for some pictures.

I like these 2 pictures

Check out the flex shot.. haha

I got back to my aunts a little late but oh well, I had a good ride and covered at least 60-70 miles. I stayed for a couple hours before heading back to camp. I figured I could still have time to put the subfloor down in the loft before it got dark and i started drinking them blue beers again, plus I still had to round up some firewood for the night

It was know where near as cold that night but the moon was still out and it was huge again. I stayed up a little later than the night before, and thing I learned by being up there when it's quiet and late, that's when the deer are passing through. I tried catching some pictures but they were to far away. There must have been 6 deer at one time in the little field I've been meening to weedwack all summer, and all you could hear was crunching from the fresh fell of leaves on the ground. Pretty cool stuff

I woke up early this morning to the sounds of equipement out in the road in front of my driveway, what the hell time do they start working up here? Yup, fresh pavement on the road again May have to bring the Motard up there next year and do some timed runs
    Anyways, I had to get back to work. i finished nailing down the subfloor in the loft and spread the tile glue, I just had to wait for it to dry before I could tile it. Hmmm, paint the picknick bench, I knew I brought paint for a reason I just painted the top and the benches, oh well.... and the glue still wasn't dry!!!
    I made a few laps around the trails with the quad while I was waiting but that didn't last long, I had a flat tire. There was a big nail sticking out of it, I don't know if it happened on yesterdays ride or I picked it up in the woods? Kinda sucked but oh well.
    I got my tile done and started to clean things up.
    Who's wants the loft now??

Started to clean the downstairs as I was packing up, and put the freshly painted picknick bench back inside until next year

I packed all my stuff up and was ready to go about 1pm... but it was to early to leave on a holiday weekend. I split some firewood for next year and raked (yes Sean, I brought the rake and axe this time) all around the camp and the fire pit. That lasted about an hour and I took off, I never look forward to that 300 mile drive home.

I did have some freak problem with my truck, I don't know why but it wasn't using nearly as much gas as usual Keeping in mind this is a large vehicle with a 8.1L gas engine, and the bed was loaded with tools and a quad

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Nice weekend

Cool..............

I don't think it was the flooring in the loft that was the problem, its when you have to get up in the middle of the night to drain out that last beer you had before bed, and you have to find your way down stairs ( the ladder) and out the door in the dark.

It does look good though.

All set now for may?

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Re: Nice weekend

Originally posted by R7
    I did have some freak problem with my truck, I don't know why but it wasn't using nearly as much gas as usual Keeping in mind this is a large vehicle with a 8.1L gas engine, and the bed was loaded with tools and a quad

[/B]
    Cool dense air this past weekend is why! My EX was nearly tackin out in 6th on the straight at Louden where it usually doesn't....dense air=more O2=more balls=less pedal necessary!

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Nice weekend

Originally posted by theothersean
    Cool..............

I don't think it was the flooring in the loft that was the problem, its when you have to get up in the middle of the night to drain out that last beer you had before bed, and you have to find your way down stairs ( the ladder) and out the door in the dark.

It does look good though.

All set now for may?

It's pretty much set for May, though I still may try to head up one more time this year and finish the outhouse. I need to pannel the inside, put the window in, and put some screen over the vents to keep them big wolf spiders out

Yamaha

Re: Re: Nice weekend

Originally posted by TheIglu
    Cool dense air this past weekend is why! My EX was nearly tackin out in 6th on the straight at Louden where it usually doesn't....dense air=more O2=more balls=less pedal necessary!
    I don't know, it was 80 for most of my drive home and I had the ac on

Yamaha