Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Ooowwwch!

Ooowwwch!

I figured it was getting dry enough to check out the local trails, so I gassed up the KTM and headed out. Sure enough, it was much drier than I expected and it looks like plenty of people have been out already. I decided I'd take 'er easy and do a few laps, stretch repeat.

In my 3rd session I hit a kicker in the big whoops that wasn't there last year and it knocked me off balance. I saved it with a big effort and some off trailing, but I immediately knew something was wrong.

I aggravated my neck injury, and I can barely turn my head. Doh!!! It's been 6 months since I had any serious pain from this, and I now remember how badly it sucks... Looks like no practice for me for a week or so...

Teaching MSF will be uncomfortable to say the least...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Re: Ooowwwch!

Gerry already came out and QA'd me. I'm definitely not gonna be giving the head turn signal. I'll let my partner do that one.

Paul_E_D

damn, sorry to hear. hope it heals up quickly.

so Mototown was a breeze but CTM kicked your ass? j/k its gotta be painful as hell. as i was reading, i thought you were going to say you and the Katoom got eaten by the Log Monster just off track.

Beta 200RR

Lol, no, but the log monster somehow MOVED out onto the track during the winter months! Gonna need a cattle prod or something to get him off the track.

p.s. My local spot is the toughest damned track I've ridden yet! Mototown is defunct. Glad I went a couple times before they bellied up.

Paul_E_D

They say the mind tends to forget painful events, but my being laid up for weeks is a constant reminder of just how bad it can get. Being familiar with incapacitating pain, I've kinda gotten to the point now where I can feel the twinge of severe pain coming on, and it scares the shit outta me. It's like a built-in rev limiter.

And just what were you practicing for, mister?

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Sucks getting old, I rolled out of bed the other day , went to put my shirt on and must have moved just right, immediate pain and stiff neck for 3 day not sure if I pulled something or pinched a nerve. Atleast you can say you did yours riding.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Yeah, It coulda happened any old way, but this one is bad. I'm not moving to well.

I took some of the biggest beatings of my life surfing (or trying) in double overhead conditions in Costa Rica 2 weeks ago no problems. 10 laps at my trails and I can barely move... I definitely feel old right now.

Paul_E_D

Lifer

KTM's PDS claims another one....
    Actually, Sorry to hear about the injury. Especially in the neck area! I hope you heal well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Yeah, It coulda happened any old way, but this one is bad. I'm not moving to well.

I took some of the biggest beatings of my life surfing (or trying) in double overhead conditions in Costa Rica 2 weeks ago no problems. 10 laps at my trails and I can barely move... I definitely feel old right now.
    Paul, you ever surf Waimea Bay Hawaii? I lived there for 4 years back in the 90's. Some great surfing on oahu and the big island

I've never been to HI, but Lisa has. The surf was a littl out of our league for a few days down in CR... Crushed! We had a few great days once it settle down though.

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    KTM's PDS claims another one....
    Actually, Sorry to hear about the injury. Especially in the neck area! I hope you heal well.
    Meh, people make a lot of the no linkage set-up, but I find it works well. Perhaps at the top level it suffers a disadvantage, but I'm not there yet.

Good news is I'm recovering from this episode faster than ever before. The workouts really help in that regard...

Paul_E_D